OS x 10.6 not useable next patch?

90 Human Mage
?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You can, but it will be supported for a limited time. Technically Mist of Pandaria system requirements are OS X 10.7 and above. This is similar to what StarCraft II is going through. We hope to have some additional details soon about this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
MoP came out on 9/12. Lion came out on 7/11. So MoP technically doesn't support an OS that was out-of-date by a 14 months?

Usage reports referenced here:
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/01/04/os-x-108-mountain-lion-overtakes-107-lion-internet-share-for-first-time
say that Snow Leopard has more net traffic than Lion. Obviously I don't know what Blizzard's usage stats are, but I'd imagine they're not all that different.

Blizzard's stated policy on the Mac is to support the current and previous major OS versions. But given that Apple is moving towards a 1 year development cycle, I think that's too restrictive.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Dejathoris,

I'll be happy to provide that information up to the right people. If this changes, we'll provide an update. Our teams do take in all factors, including usage stats when making decisions like this.
Edited by Machkhan on 2/13/2013 8:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]