OoM Episode #5 (2/22): Healer Stories And You

90 Tauren Priest
Hello, everyone!

The next episode, on February 22nd, will focus on a horrifying set of tales experienced by a courageous and quite possibly masochistic group of healers!

There will be insanity! There will be rage! There will be DK bashing! Keyboards will probably get flipped!

There may even be a fabulous recipe for Gnome Lasagna (And yes, you CAN substitute Goblin!)

Do you have any horror stories you'd like for us to add? Any questions on how to handle certain situations? Do you have any other questions, even unrelated to the topic at hand? Please feel free to send stories or ask questions here, or send an e-mail to oompodcast@gmail.com.

So please join us February 22nd at 7pm EST at twitch.tv/oompodcast.

Hope to see you there!
Edited by Milkmesoftly on 2/22/2013 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Can I just repost what I just had in the vent thread? Hehe...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
^ Glitch O_o?

YAY HEALER STORIES! Because it's our way of having therapy.

Yes you can!
Edited by Veroicone on 2/11/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah that was an odd glitch....

*takes a deep breath*

We have a pally tank, a hunter, a shadow priest and a rogue. I notice the priest is in a V-day gown so I inspect her, she's wearing jewelry, the gown, and nothing else at all. I whisper her about putting her gear back on maybe and she whispers back "it clashes with my dress". Ho boy.

While I was whispering her and healing the group, the hunter had been asking if we could skip trash and just do bosses. In like the third trash pull, the aggro is all over and everyone's getting hit by one imp or another, the tank mentions its hard to keep aggro.

I asked him why he wasn't using AOEs and got the priceless "whats an aoe" response. He admits to being new so I try and help him out. While I am healing and explaining though the hunter jumps off somewhere and pulls more stuff after he dies and I'm trying to get the tank to read his spells and stuff while healing a big ol' mess of an overpull, with the goblin boss. While still fighting of course the hunter asks for a res, I squeeze out a "you jumped off a ledge and died around a corner so no because I don't know where your body is".

As he is running back after things are all dead, I'm trying to pull the tank through his spellbook, trying to remember the names of the spells on my pally tank I haven't played in months. All I came up with was consecrate, which he didn't get till lvl 34. I KNEW there were AOE before that though because I vividly remembered roflstomping SFK around level 20 with AOE. As I'm trying to coach this guy and just get him to READ the hunter has run back and promptly runs ahead and we all start running again.

Hunter is piping up about how this dungeon takes like five minutes if we skip all the trash. At this point I was annoyed and answered kind of snippily "with a tank that knew his spells and a dps in her gear maybe, but not with this group" the poor tank got kind of defensive, and was upset about this saying how he couldn't help it if he was new and learning. I explained "I was trying to tell this hunter to chill and let you learn" and hunter goes "learn when it's not combat time". By now I am just annoyed beyond belief and simply want the place over with, so I cannot help but respond "It's people like you that make tanks and healers quit".

During this last pull while that conversation was happening, the priest piped up something about having to go and asked if it was ok. The hunter, tank, and I were a bit in a discussion so I didn't respond and then the rogue who hadn't said a thing all dungeon drops group. Little miss priest says "at least I asked! he just left". I didn't even pay attention to whatever two dps we picked up because by then were were at the satyr boss.

Somehow, through all this, our tank had apparently gotten some spells out of his book because I saw the animations for them on the boss, and he kept aggro on all the adds though I had to spam regrowth and rejuv/swiftmends on him. I dropped as soon as everything was dead, that was enough of that.

*rubs temples* I do not have enough chocolate for this......
\

edit- I can't believe I forgot to mention the priest kept casting levitate on the whole party and wasn't in shadow form.
Edited by Aestyr on 2/11/2013 9:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My fave was recently while leveling my resto druid, in an Escape from Durnholde.

We zone in and everyone makes their way to the stronghold.

Hunter's pet pulls the first group of guards and we swing into action. I'm healing all sorts of aggro, but it doesn't really matter of course, with all of 2 guards being fought.

Hunter's pet is sent in to pull the next pack, and then the next pack, and then the next pack (which is much larger).

At this point, I call out "Hey [whatever the name of the DK tank was] , would you care to do some tanking for us?" and the hunter responds "I'm dual-boxing [name of DK tank]. Sit back and enjoy the ride". I bit my tongue and figured well, we'll see how derpy the other 2 dps are; might work, if they don't do dumb crap - some lowbie 5mans are just *that* easy, and I had no real memory of whether there were pulls in this one which would hand us our @sses or not without a real tank.

It put me through a bit of a workout at times, but it wasn't actually all that bad of a run. I disagree *strongly* with anyone who inflicts that crap on 4 puggers, because if even one of the people running isn't fairly experienced it can quickly turn into a nightmare which no one else signed up for when they queued, but... yeah. This one wasn't a disaster.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Im sad im gonna miss this :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
SHAMMY NOOOOOO. D:
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'll come instead. :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Yay Buffy! \o/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
This is oddly becoming something like the OT thread...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
This one will be fun.

And fyi, I personally don't think you should worry about a dirty word or two. :P
Edited by Taymage on 2/12/2013 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just wanted to pop in to mention that I like the new onscreen layout. You can see who is talking much easier now. Thanks for that!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/12/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Messup
I just wanted to pop in to mention that I like the new onscreen layout. You can see who is talking much easier now. Thanks for that!

Thanks :D! Much easier to use Mumble instead of skype as well :)

The show this Friday is cancelled so this episode won't be live until next Friday, but maybe we can do something else later on Friday (such as streaming our 5 healers 1 heroic segment!).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Thanks :D! Much easier to use Mumble instead of skype as well :)

The show this Friday is cancelled so this episode won't be live until next Friday, but maybe we can do something else later on Friday (such as streaming our 5 healers 1 heroic segment!).

we'll keep you updated. Maybe we'll do a Q&A on Friday for any questions you have for the people doing the 5 healers, 1 heroic
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
5 healers 1 heroic and I can't make it. D:

/mourn

Edit:

This SO better be !@#$ing streamed.
Edited by Milkmesoftly on 2/12/2013 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Paladin
Sooooo there's going to be lots of QQ over terrible DK tanking?

Edit: J/k. Love the show.
Edited by Ømoplata on 2/13/2013 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Hey Healers, Whats up?

Just a reminder, since the Podcast isnt being streamed this week, we are going to be doing a few All Healer Heroics, while we answer some of your questions.

The Stream will happen tonight around 1030, 11pm est, and we will be taking questions, no matter how weird and crazy, from the Live chat that we will be having. Tune in for a night of fun and randomness as we prove to people, you dont always need a tank or DPS if you have good healers.

Who knows, we might even invite some Ally healers to join us on our runs, it all depends on who we get to show up tonight.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
In just a little whole, Out of Mana, will be livestreaming their First "5 Healers, 1 Heroic" Stream. Come and join the fun as Vero, Morenn, Myself and 2 guests answer questions and have a good old time as we fight our way through the Heroic Dungeons of Mists of Pandiaria
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Streaming some PTR LFR http://twitch.tv/oompodcast in a bit :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]