[A] GLBT Friendly Raiding Guild Recruiting

90 Draenei Warrior
<Missunderstood> a new Alliance guild on Kirin Tor server (lvl 25) is now accepting applications/recruiting all levels and classes, with a particular interest in creating our second raiding team.

Core 1: Raid days are Sat-Mon, 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. CST.
Core 2: Raid days are Wed-Fri, 10:00 - 1:00 a.m. CST.
We use a modified Suicide Kings distribution method.

All walks of life are welcome, cool cats, new players and old, we are GLBT-friendly (no exceptions), 18+ (also no exceptions). We are a couple of old WotLK raiders that have recently returned to the game and are exploring MoP. Have a sense of humor, a knowledge of your class, the desire to experience some organized raiding, or join us socially for an online place to call home.

If this sounds like fun to you then please by all means contact me in game or you can catch us on our website: Missunderstood, on Twitter: @missunderstoodw, at Facebook: Missunderstood Facebook

Thank you for reading!

Misshap Guild Leader of Missunderstood

GM Misshap - Tantrum#1150
Officer Missfit - Missfit81#1397
Officer Abendschon - BoyForPele#1478
Veteran Starglam - Starglam#1613 (Core Group 2 Raid Leader)

"To be great is to be misunderstood."
Edited by Misshap on 3/31/2013 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
glbt friendly and raiding?

*ahem*

pickmepickmepickmepickmepickme

(I'll contact you in game)
Edited by Samariel on 2/10/2013 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Please do. Wasn't on last night, Walking Dead viewing party. =)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Just dinged 15, and slowly growing. Join us.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Just dinged 20. Website now up as well: missunderstood.guildlaunch.com
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just wanted to say that this is an awesome group of people. I've only been with them a short time, but during my stay, I have found them to be an exceptional group of friendly, mature, active players.

I'm amazed at how quickly this guild is growing and building.

Though I just got to this server, I have been requested back to my old one. (and when it's your spouse and former guild, it's kinda hard to say no)

I just wanted to say that if anyone is looking for a really awesome guild, this is one to check out.

Good Luck Miss...and all the wonderful people I've encountered here!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Thanks for the kind words Magnolia. Good luck back in your old guild and should things ever change there will always be a second home for you here in <Missunderstood>.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
So I'll give you a free bump for the story behind the "No Exceptions" addition to your recruitment spam in trade chat- it seems that would be implicit in saying that you're a GLBT-Friendly guild so I was curious.

To [Holysyn]: So I've been wondering. Why do you need to say 'no exceptions' in your recruitment message? Do people really ask "Can I be the one guy that's homophobic and loud about it?" to you?

To which I received no reply but rather them ignoring me. While I understand that my question might have hit a touchy subject, perhaps a little overreaction on your officer's part took place. Given that this is Kirin Tor, I don't expect much in the way of progression raiding or the like but perhaps in the future your officers should actually respond to inquiries rather than just instantly ignoring them- you might be losing members because they're so closed off.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
We aren't looking for flame wars in channels, which have happened simply based on our guilds recruitment ad in game. To that end I have--and I have instructed the officers--not to use the channels in game as frequently. We are a social media savvy guild and are using other avenues beyond in-game for recruitment. =)

Frankly speaking, I've been in guilds where the usual homophobic slurs and vernacular are common place. This isn't what I'm looking for and I try and be clear in my expectations from members and potential members from the start. If it was a non-issue, I wouldn't have made that requirement, but let's be honest we play a MMO on the internet. It is. So I want to reinforce that any disrespect of any member is grounds for removal. We are extremely diverse, and I find the people that do make our guild there online home are mature and respectful.

Now if you had contacted an officer via tell and they didn't respond, then that's something I'm happy to address; however, many times we get the usual troll, and derogatory comments in channel. Based on your tell, I probably wouldn't have responded either. Tone is hard to convey via text and I would have read that you were trying to instigate an argument rather than ask a legitimate question. Why feed into that? Trust me, any sincere interest in our guild is met with open enthusiasm and a wealth of information.

Frankly speaking, for every person who wonders why we make a GLBT friendly guild, I look at the vitriol and hate that we receive in game for posting a recruitment ad and it only reinforces my decision.

I hope that this answers your question, and if it doesn't feel free to contact me in game via battle.tag.

Best
Edited by Misshap on 3/1/2013 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Ding guild level 25. Join us for 5.2!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
First week raiding, cleared MGV, and starting HoF next week. Also working at Challenge Mode Dungeons. Core spot for 1 strong melee dps.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
4/6 Heart of Fear on first week, should be a clear soon. Come join us, building our second core raiding group.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Great group of friendly gamers!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Second core group details finalized:

Wednesday-Friday 10:00p.m. - 1:00a.m. CST

Night Owl? Late Start to MoP? Come join us.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Still filling out second core. Tank positions filled, heal positions almost filled. In need of DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
We need 1 tank and a lock, ele shaman or shadow priest apps will be taken into concideration. pls contact starglam#1613
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Needing 2 great players for Core Raid Group! Gear score doesn't matter, just have some raid experience and a good attitude! http://missunderstood.guildlaunch.com/

2 DPS Needed. 1 Ranged, 1 Melee
Edited by Puntardlier on 4/19/2013 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]