Dailies are great, buuuuuut...

92 Pandaren Warrior
I love doing dailies every now and then, especially since with Mists they got smart enough to mix up where the dailies go on that day, but—and I feel like this is something Blizzard realizes kind of—making them semi-mandatory by attaching the entire slew of Valor Point rewards to grinding daily factions' rep wasn't a perfect idea at all.

I say semi-mandatory because we're not really being held at gunpoint to do them, but we have some responsibility to keep working on these things as much as we can every day to pull our weight sooner in raids, which a lot of us are taking up if we're PvErs. I'm not against having epics attached to rep tiers, or having those epics cost some Valor, but having all of the high-end ones that can be found outside of raids come from that rep really hurts.

I have no idea if Blizzard is meaning to change their system for future rep factions and valor rewards, but I really hope they do. I want to love dailies. So much. They give me something somewhat varied to do in WoW when I just want to get something done, and the reps offer plenty of fun novelty items already. But having them be the only progression path for raiders outside of the raid proper isn't the way.

I worry that this point has been run into the ground behind my back, but I don't frequent this board, and search didn't turn up any identical whining. So there's my whining. :'(
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
While they do have a few ways to get rep outside of dailies, I'll agree that having them be the only real consistent way to get rep is a bit of a let-down.

In 5.1 though, they added commendations that you buy once for a certain faction and you get 100% increased rep with them on all characters. You have to be revered on at least one character, though. Regardless, it was still a step in the right direction, if you ask me.

And in 5.2, they're adding a rep gain bonus to dungeons. I think it's the first random you do that day, you pick a faction and you'll get rep with them in the dungeon you enter. Another good step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Warrior
Ooh! That dungeon system sounds like a step in the right direction, a bit of different take on what we used to have in LK/Cata. I hope the rep gain is significant from said run, and that it isn't so much at the mercy of which dungeon you get (i.e. how many mobs you'll be dealing with, assuming the rep bonus is from those mobs and not simply completing the run).

I'm excited for that, at least. c:
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Ooh! That dungeon system sounds like a step in the right direction, a bit of different take on what we used to have in LK/Cata. I hope the rep gain is significant from said run, and that it isn't so much at the mercy of which dungeon you get (i.e. how many mobs you'll be dealing with, assuming the rep bonus is from those mobs and not simply completing the run).

I think it'll be good c:
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

I think it'll be good c:

750 for the first heroic and 325 for the first scenario looks like. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297753299?page=12#238
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]