Help with Lab Project?

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Alright well in my Principle of Biology course, my professor wants' us to do a power point demonstration over certain subjects and mine was " Man can now clone life, manipulate DNA, make atomic bombs, warm the globe, etc, has he evolved too far?"

It's definitely a topic that will involve my own opinion, due to the nature of the question it's a bit broad. Which btw I take a more secular stance toward it. But my question was where could I start with this? I don't quite know how I could form this into a power point, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It is possible that man is not being affected near as much by things like Natural Selection. Humans tend to adapt their surroundings to them instead of adapting to their surroundings. Might adaptive abilities and beneficial mutations over time become stagnant as we create climate controlled citadels of technology to insulate us from nature? Do senses like smell and hearing atrophy because they are no longer needed for survival in this modern age? Has man created a luxurious (as far as the other animals are concerned) environment with his technology that makes us diabetic, fat, arrogant, and lazy? Will, after many generations, !@#$ sapiens sapiens lose some of its resilience (survivability) to the constant and sometimes unpredictable changes in nature? An argument could be made that we are devolving to a less efficient organism even as our wizardry and technology constantly pushes new frontiers. The machines might be getting better as we build better machines to make them, but undesirable traits in our genetic code might not be getting weeded out as often, thus diluting our talents.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
none of that is a biologicaly evolved ability imo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]