[A-RP] Mother Church's Conference

90 Human Paladin
To all that revere the most sacred Holy Light.

Brothers, sisters, fellow servants of the Light,

I call all of you to a friendly meeting, where difficult and controversial topics related to the office of Knight of Silver Hand will be discussed. It is my belief that the hardships of a long war against the Horde can have a devastating effect on the virtue of our champions.

As such, I invite all those who consider themselves part of the flock to come and discuss such themes. After all, it is better that those of us that are looked upon as examples know in advance the woes and trials ahead.

May the Light bless you all,

Sir Theodore the Chivalrous.

[OOC]

What is it?

It is mostly an academic meeting to discuss interesting and controversial topics related to the vocation of a Paladin. I strongly believe a paladin, above all else, is someone looked upon as an example. His morals are a beacon of hope for all those around him.

That said, while purging legions of undead at a whim may be fun, I am very interested in the mental strength side of paladin roleplay. I try to incorporate that on my own RP, but I wish to encourage more discussion in the server as well.

Varill certainly has his opinion about all his topics and he will certainly voice them as he wish. However, he will encourage people to challenge his ideas, as long as it is done in a respectful tone. After all, like I said, it is an academic meeting.

Where is it?

Northshire Abbey, Library Wing, Second floor.

What time is it?

8:00 PM

Topics of discussion

1) The conflict between secular authority and the Code of the Silver Hand - February 18th.

Possible sub-topic: The Culling of Stratholme - Prince Arthas' disobedience of his mentor and superior in the Silver Hand - How can we analyze that?

2) The limits of mercy - Does everyone deserve it? Is there any situation where it might be unwarranted? - February 25th.

3) The Church of Holy Light and the Silver Hand: how far goes their connection? - March 4th.

4) A paladin as a field commander: when what needs to be done in order to achieve victory conflicts with his morals. - March 11th.

Possible Sub-topics will involve hypothetical situations.

-----

Final notes:

- I would like to say this was heavily inspired by the Silvermoon Symposium hosted by the Dominion of the Sun.

- I encourage all to come, but I ask in advance that all roleplay is done in a respectful manner. OOC dislikes should be left at the door.

-Disclaimer: This is not any attempt to form an organization, council or authority body. My only intention right now is to promote healthy and interesting discussions, and an opportunity for our characters to show their views.
Edited by Varill on 2/11/2013 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This looks like an amazing event.
I hope it goes over well for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This looks like an amazing event.
I hope it goes over well for you.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Are non-paladins allowed to come?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/11/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Ferenold

Yes, all who believe in the Light and follow it are invited.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/11/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Varill

Wonderful. This event looks delightful. I may show up, if I'm not busy.

Might you think of holding philosophical summits on the Light in the future? Paladin-hood is certainly interesting, but I'd also love to see more open forum stuff regarding the Light & Philosophy, and you seem like just the guy to host it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/11/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Ferenold

Might you think of holding philosophical summits on the Light in the future? Paladin-hood is certainly interesting, but I'd also love to see more open forum stuff regarding the Light & Philosophy, and you seem like just the guy to host it!

Well, while I thank you for believing so, I don't come even close to people like Benegrim, Mellar or Moorwhelp. These are the people that built all the Clergy doctrine, and they have far more knowledge both IC and OOC than me.

I might bug one of them to do something similar in the future, though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Well, while I thank you for believing so, I don't come even close to people like Benegrim, Mellar or Moorwhelp. These are the people that built all the Clergy doctrine, and they have far more knowledge both IC and OOC than me.

I might bug one of them to do something similar in the future, though.

Moorwhelp just did something sort of like it the other day, when he read out a series of objections to the church. It wasn't exactly an open debate though, but moreso a chance for Moorwhelp to validate that the accusations were baseless.

And besides, them naughty thomists don't want too much discourse! Then we get the followers of Eckhart. :D
Reply Quote
The Lord-Vicar supports this gathering.
Reply Quote
The Bishop of Stormwind blesses this gathering and prays that it will be of benefit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/12/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Moorwhelp
The Bishop of Stormwind blesses this gathering and prays that it will be of benefit.

For all and for each.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So say we all!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Azalae scribbles the date and time down quickly into her small leather journal. She hurries off to continue her errands, clearly not realizing she didn't note the location.

Great idea, I'll be there!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"Remember, Arthas, we are paladins. Vengeance cannot be a part of what we must do. If we allow our passions to turn to bloodlust, then we will become as vile as the Orcs."

The word of Light.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/13/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Kauthryn
So say we all!

So say we all.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Ferenold
Might you think of holding philosophical summits on the Light in the future?

I would love for us to have engaging dialogue on the matters of philosophy, luxology (what the clergy calls the study of the Light), and if Everen wants to get involved...perhaps some theology as well.

My schedule is tight but I will look to see when we could do something like this.
Reply Quote
I will see what I can do to drag myself and my people there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/16/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Rennali
I will see what I can do to drag myself and my people there.

Nice, see you people there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
One learns most when teaching others. - The Canon, Book of Proverbs, Chapter 1
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Bellsa arches an eyebrow at the posted document as she muttered to herself in Dwarvish. "Oh, this should be interesting. But the timing, an hour before the Silver Hand Council meetings..." She sighed, shifting her satchel better onto her shoulder. "I swear, organizing paladins is like herding a group of plate wearing cats." She still took down the information in her small leather notebook, moving on with her day.

((The timing is a bit rough... Thankfully the SHC only meets once a month, but moving it forward an hour on those days would help more people to be able to attend. Anyway, neat idea!))
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]