Brothers, sisters, fellow servants of the Light,
I call all of you to a friendly meeting, where difficult and controversial topics related to the office of Knight of Silver Hand will be discussed. It is my belief that the hardships of a long war against the Horde can have a devastating effect on the virtue of our champions.
As such, I invite all those who consider themselves part of the flock to come and discuss such themes. After all, it is better that those of us that are looked upon as examples know in advance the woes and trials ahead.
May the Light bless you all,
Sir Theodore the Chivalrous.
What is it?
It is mostly an academic meeting to discuss interesting and controversial topics related to the vocation of a Paladin. I strongly believe a paladin, above all else, is someone looked upon as an example. His morals are a beacon of hope for all those around him.
That said, while purging legions of undead at a whim may be fun, I am very interested in the mental strength side of paladin roleplay. I try to incorporate that on my own RP, but I wish to encourage more discussion in the server as well.
Varill certainly has his opinion about all his topics and he will certainly voice them as he wish. However, he will encourage people to challenge his ideas, as long as it is done in a respectful tone. After all, like I said, it is an academic meeting.
Where is it?
Northshire Abbey, Library Wing, Second floor.
What time is it?
Topics of discussion
1) The conflict between secular authority and the Code of the Silver Hand - February 18th.
Possible sub-topic: The Culling of Stratholme - Prince Arthas' disobedience of his mentor and superior in the Silver Hand - How can we analyze that?
2) The limits of mercy - Does everyone deserve it? Is there any situation where it might be unwarranted? - February 25th.
3) The Church of Holy Light and the Silver Hand: how far goes their connection? - March 4th.
4) A paladin as a field commander: when what needs to be done in order to achieve victory conflicts with his morals. - March 11th.
Possible Sub-topics will involve hypothetical situations.
- I would like to say this was heavily inspired by the Silvermoon Symposium hosted by the Dominion of the Sun.
- I encourage all to come, but I ask in advance that all roleplay is done in a respectful manner. OOC dislikes should be left at the door.
-Disclaimer: This is not any attempt to form an organization, council or authority body. My only intention right now is to promote healthy and interesting discussions, and an opportunity for our characters to show their views.