Low MMR oQueue won't even take a Ret

90 Human Paladin
I guess you could say I'm lamenting. Even a "just for points" RBG won't take Ret, even when I have a Holy Priest coming with.

4+ RBGs pending to see if we can get off the wait list and into a game just for 1 win. No luck.

There was an advertisement on my own realm for "just for points" low mmr RBG. Many slots open, whispered that we've got x ilvl, enchanted and gemmed. And that we have T1 2/2 weapons.

And I wait for a response.

Minutes later the leader is back in trade looking for just 1 healer.

Many weeks I had to give up looking and let my healer (husband) go do a RBG by himself. He gets in within minutes.

Does anyone think the minor changes to us in 5.2 is really going to help this? We get a few more tricks but nothing unique that would make people take Ret in. Melee suffers enough as it is trying to get into RBGS.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
That's what it's like for every non-DK melee right now.

No minor changes for anyone is going to make RBGs less of a casterfest, and GC even acknowledge it was a systemic problem fairly recently.

I got in a random completely disorganized melee cleave team this week, which was my first week to get in a group since the first week of January.

Random; a friend of mine who plays a DK that quit really early in MoP came back last week. This week on Tuesday he got in a point cap team with no problems, and got his entire 2200 cap before I'd even logged on that day. No T1, mostly contender gear and a bit of dreadful. Because the zombies running RBGs think that a DK is mandatory and now that warriors aren't so fotm, the only valid melee.
Edited by Cayse on 2/11/2013 7:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just capped with a friend who runs RBGs and even though I don't think I did too well he said I was good and and is going to invite me to a couple next week. Even told him Rets aren't desired for RBGs but he said "you're good, that's all i care about".

Hopefully it goes well lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I ran into the same problem and the only solution is to start up an rbg group yourself. I did this tonight and we did okay for your non usual group composition. We went 2-3 and so wasn't too bad with 2 losses being real close games and 1 last slaughter where the other team just out geared us.

I learned a few new rbg knowledge as the raid leader; calling targets, organizing groups, setting out objective, etc.

So what I saying is that you're going to just have to pick up the mantle and run your own group as the raid leader if you want to cap off the last CP.

Good luck
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Saying that you'll TC also helps. You just have to learn to swap targets. And pick priorities.
USually start with the resto, paladin, and then priest healers. Hard swap between them and then take down the high dps casters. Melee last unless one becomes a Target of Op.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
One of the solutions is to start organizing your own oQueue sponsored battles.

Just understand the basic concept of why and how many of each spec/ability are taken

I typically see:

Guardian Druid/Protwarrior
DiscPriest/Holydin - Tank Healer
Resto Druid/Resto Shaman - Raid Heal x 2 (possibly a mistweaver if you are low MMR)
Mage - Mad CC/Slows/Slow Fall from LM
Lock - Who doesn't love chaos bolt
Hunter - Node Defense/Mad DPS/Marking Kill Targets
Boomkin - AOE Silence
Rogue/Feral Druid - Ninja node capping being on healer fulltime or an opposing destro lock
Warrior - Mortal Strike/Melee Pressure/Caster Control
DK - Gripping in a kill target and AOE pressure or Gorefiends Grasp to set up a push back in LM from the boomkin/hunter/shaman/warlock.

A ret can fill the role where the DPS warrior is or possibly the boomkin due to our AOE blind. There are just other classes that add more than the rest does in most cases. Again, if you arrange your own and make yourself the target caller you avoid half of the issues.
Reply Quote
16 Gnome Warlock
I guess you could say I'm lamenting. Even a "just for points" RBG won't take Ret, even when I have a Holy Priest coming with.

4+ RBGs pending to see if we can get off the wait list and into a game just for 1 win. No luck.

There was an advertisement on my own realm for "just for points" low mmr RBG. Many slots open, whispered that we've got x ilvl, enchanted and gemmed. And that we have T1 2/2 weapons.

And I wait for a response.

Minutes later the leader is back in trade looking for just 1 healer.

Many weeks I had to give up looking and let my healer (husband) go do a RBG by himself. He gets in within minutes.

Does anyone think the minor changes to us in 5.2 is really going to help this? We get a few more tricks but nothing unique that would make people take Ret in. Melee suffers enough as it is trying to get into RBGS.

Make your own group. That's what oQueue is for. Problem solved. You're welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If it's hard to LFG then just LFM
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]