OP decreases the CD of MS?

90 Night Elf Warrior

Warrior
- We are going to try the suggestion where Overpower lowers the Mortal Strike cooldown by 0.5 sec. This is to avoid any conflict with the 1.0 sec GCD of Overpower causing niggling 0.5 sec holes in the rotation. See how it feels. This will be an Arms DPS increase that we're not sure they need after the Deep Wounds buff, but I'll report back if we take additional steps.

Looks like a nice change. Hope it goes live
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Don't forget the 100% bonus to deep wounds
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Although now it makes slam look a bit less appealing, but I can live with that. My burst would probably to stack up on rage then 5 slams in a row.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
wouldnt haste+mastery stacking solve our rage problems?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/11/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Dish
wouldnt haste+mastery stacking solve our rage problems?

Read again, it's not the rage issue, it's that the reduced GCD from OP would leave some blank holes in our rotation where all we can do is wait before we can MS.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
It is something, but the rotation and rage system is still boring \=
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Rogue
Does the rotation feel clunky? How is rage usage to gain?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hmm.. Arms is going to have a frantic rotation now where playing perfectly will be even harder then before.

Not sure if I like these changes they're making.. Also LOVE how slam is still a dead weight with nothing but damage tacked on it whereas MS and OP have multiple facets attached to them.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
On the topic of blank holes can they please change Bloodsurge so that it makes your next Wild Strike hit 3 times in the same global instead of the clunky 1s gcd?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is it normal to be really strained for rage with Arms on the PTR? I mean, I have just enough (barely) to do a normal MS -> OPx2 -> Filler rotation, but I almost never have any extra rage to throw out a HS/Cleave. Is that about right? Or am I doing something wrong?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
02/12/2013 02:46 AMPosted by Sliphe
Is it normal to be really strained for rage with Arms on the PTR? I mean, I have just enough (barely) to do a normal MS -> OPx2 -> Filler rotation, but I almost never have any extra rage to throw out a HS/Cleave. Is that about right? Or am I doing something wrong?

That sounds about right with the 10 rage cost for OP.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
where is this info from?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
02/12/2013 02:46 AMPosted by Sliphe

Sounds about right. You shouldn't be hitting HS/Cleave too often. Though I don't think the reduced MS cooldown is on PTR yet (haven't gotten on to check since that was posted), and once that is in place, you'll have a bit more extra rage that will likely end up needing to be funneled into HS.

Also, make sure you spec into impending victory. It got a damage buff for Arms, and has a better DPR than Slam, making it a filler worth using.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 01:07 AMPosted by Schnappi
On the topic of blank holes can they please change Bloodsurge so that it makes your next Wild Strike hit 3 times in the same global instead of the clunky 1s gcd?

I'd rather it be you get 2 charges instead of 3, have a 30% proc chance, still be on the 1.5 sec gcd, free of cost and hit 15-20% harder to make up for the loss of that third WS. Its cool getting 3 quick hits in but Ws hits for so low its painful. Plus having BS like that would be pretty funny and kinda cool, but it would make WS stronger then Raging blow and blizz doesnt want that, and they would also have to reduce the damage of Ws to make offset not doing those 3 attacks in a 3 sec time period.

02/12/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Secondwind
Also, make sure you spec into impending victory. It got a damage buff for Arms, and has a better DPR than Slam, making it a filler worth using.

Kinda funny how blizz cant seem to make slam useful enough, it needs something to it, some utility attached so people do feel like their just using a damage ability.
Edited by Ezyo on 2/12/2013 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
WoW, more Warrior buffs geeeesh
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
02/12/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Paníc

i'm glad you're finally on our side
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/12/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Paníc

Lopez, go away.

On-Topic: OP still 10 rage. Zzzz...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/12/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Ezyo
I'd rather it be you get 2 charges instead of 3, have a 30% proc chance, still be on the 1.5 sec gcd, free of cost and hit 15-20% harder to make up for the loss of that third WS. Its cool getting 3 quick hits in but Ws hits for so low its painful. Plus having BS like that would be pretty funny and kinda cool, but it would make WS stronger then Raging blow and blizz doesnt want that, and they would also have to reduce the damage of Ws to make offset not doing those 3 attacks in a 3 sec time period.

Bloodsurge essentially equates to two WS both with +50% damage increase and half rage cost (free in 5.2), the only drawback is you have to use two regular GCDs to get the benefit.

Granted it's not exactly what you're thinking but it works out similar overall.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
whats the buff to deep wounds, im not seeing any of it in the patch notes
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
02/12/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Danissana
whats the buff to deep wounds, im not seeing any of it in the patch notes

Deep Wounds was doubled for Arms, per GC
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]