Solo que arenas and rbg

Blizzard we are begging for them please add this to your to do list!!

To nah sayers I say do not use solo que to everyone else please support this thread!
Edit3:

Lore's 2 cents on the idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=c4uV87M6Yu4#t=2550s

Edit2:

Make these assumptions about the solo que before commenting please:

1) There would be no solo que vs premade
2) Bot would not gain any rating so after placement matches you would likely not have to deal with them.
3) solo que is different from random que because you have a rating to work on and improve.

Edit:
lol and then all the bots get no ratings and don't get que up with people who win games

also premades would not be put against players in single que

the difference between single que and random battle grounds would be your rating...so you get match vs people of your skill level ie more competitive more fun in comparison with randoms less work then to get a premade and no need for a set time to bg

Look at other games who do this. For example league of legends, their single que is the more popular then their premade que...why would blizzard not do this??
Edited by Captinawesum on 2/12/2013 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Blizzard we are begging for them please add this to your to do list!!

To nah sayers I say do not use solo que to everyone else please support this thread!

I'd love it if they put in a solo queue option for RBGs. Those of us who are capable of putting together an actual team would roll over them game after game, and pick up easy rating.

I predict it would take 2 weeks before we saw the first post QQing about "premades in RBGs".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

I predict it would take 2 weeks before we saw the first post QQing about "premades in RBGs".

QFT

Solo queing for RBGs is the single dumbest idea I ever see pop up on the battlegrounds forums. You have random BGs for that. RBGs are for "premade" groups. OP just wants RBG rewards from winning random BGs.
Edited by Mikeskillz on 2/11/2013 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/11/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Gruklaar
lol so true

I predict 2 days until solo queue RBGs would be flooded with bots & bads.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
reason there is no solo queue for RBG/arena is to stop bots.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 07:46 PMPosted by Mikeskillz
Solo queing for RBGs is the single dumbest idea I ever see pop up on the battlegrounds forums.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/11/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Gruklaar

2 weeks? You underestimate the whiners on this forum.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/11/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Jugaa

2 weeks? You underestimate the whiners on this forum.

What can I say? I'm an incurable optimist.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
48 hours at best for the first OMG!! How can you allow premades into RBG's when I am solo Q'ing?
Reply Quote
lol and then all the bots get no ratings and don't get que up with people who win games

also premades would not be put against players in single que

the difference between single que and random battle grounds would be your rating...so you get match vs people of your skill level ie more competitive more fun in comparison with randoms less work then to get a premade and no need for a set time to bg

Look at other games who do this. For example league of legends, their single que is the more popular then their premade que...why would blizzard not do this??
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Wasn't/isn't there an option to practice arenas, functioning similarly to solo queues? If you like your partner, exchange battletags and queue for real. As far as RBG, it's functionally the same as a random battleground.

If you want more conquest attached to it, it sounds a lot like an argument not to socialize rather than a needed feature.
Edited by Geezushkrist on 2/12/2013 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
OP it would just bring the issues from BGs (bots, bads & players ignoring objectives) over to RBGs and arenas. There is a reason why you can't solo queue for these... they are by definition organized PvP. Inherently bad idea with no redeeming qualities.
Reply Quote
The redeeming quality would be I can do them when I want and work towards a higher rating.

If you don't like solo que don't solo que... if you prefer premades do those how does this effect premades at all??
Reply Quote
70 Troll Hunter
The redeeming quality would be I can do them when I want and work towards a higher rating.

If you don't like solo que don't solo que... if you prefer premades do those how does this effect premades at all??

Higher rating, you say? With the current system, you wouldn't be able to pug your way very high.

And this effects premade groups as they will queue into the un-organized, 'pug' RBG groups.

Bit of a silly idea, really. May as well just soft-bake RBG ratings into regular battlegrounds.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/12/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Captinawesum
Ever hear the saying "you can't polish a turd"? Well that is exactly what you are trying to do... your idea would just be a random (turd) that you are pretending is organized PvP (the polish).

02/12/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Captinawesum
Again you aren't listening... it would make arenas & RBGs a joke like most pug BGs.
Reply Quote
Again solo que does not get match vs premade que

Yes you can get a high rating with pugs but we're all been in pugs where you lost one game and 1/4 to 1/2 your team is down and then you have to spend more time looking for another pug it's sillyness spending all this time looking for a group when we have a working que system.

Again it wouldn't be the same as random bgs cause you'd have a rating attached to it so you would not get put vs people with much better gear and skill or be put with people of much lower skill or gear.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Hunter
02/12/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Captinawesum
Again solo que does not get match vs premade que

Ten people in vent, they all queue, they 'chime in' when they get the queue, if they don't all/most get the queue, they drop, re-queue.

Repeat until all/most get into the same queue, in which case they all accept the queue.

..I'm not quite sure what you are getting at.
Edited by Esotra on 2/12/2013 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Throw a long deserter debuff on solo que like 30-1hour so if they drop then they have to wait.

This would discourage trying to make a premade group in solo que

Also more likely if you had a premade they would just que as a premade and not risk the wait time.
Reply Quote
..I'm not quite sure what you are getting at.

Look at league of legends...see how popular solo que is? I want that for wow that is all.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
OP you just aren't getting it... bad idea, period.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]