Best Race for Elemental Shaman?

89 Draenei Shaman
Yea, I'm already a Draenei, but I'm starting to wonder, which Race would be the BEST overall for an Elemental Shaman in both Alliance and Horde?
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Shaman
I'm thinking of getting a Race change, but before I spend some money on that, I'd like to hear some opinions on which race is the best for an Elemental Shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I think Pandas are basically the best race for PVE DPS for any class at the moment, including Shaman.
Edited by Houndstooth on 2/12/2013 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Troll
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
All racials are technically within .03% of each other. As long as you're using your racial (and you are) you won't see a detectable increase in your numbers, so essentially don't choose your race for the racial (unless you get no use from it).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
orc....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Panda gives almost as much primary stat as space goat gives secondary stat. And secondary stats are worth less than half of primary stats. So alliance -> Panda.

On horde side... troll depends on the Legendary Meta. Your first zerking-Asc might get overwritten by the proc fairly consistently making troll >_<

Orc's bonus will only improve next tier with PE buff and 4pt15-more BF use.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The only racials that matter for DPS are Troll and Orc. Both offer significant boosts to burst damage.

The damage is only really noticeable though if you're a cutting edge raider. Otherwise, just play what you like.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Shaman
I'm stuck between a Draenei and a Troll. Which would be better? What's the limitations of each?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/12/2013 08:43 AMPosted by Stormhàwk
I'm stuck between a Draenei and a Troll. Which would be better? What's the limitations of each?
Separate factions. Pick the faction you prefer.

Honestly, if Beast Slaying works on all the bosses that are Beasts in next tier of raiding, Troll will be best. 90% sure they won't that happen. So I'm expecting them to make all the bosses (and maybe the beast adds) unclassified. It really is just too soon to say.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
May be a little biased here but I feel trolls are the best for Shamans PvE wise as Berserking is an incredibly strong cool down to have every three minutes especially when popped with other cool downs and a potion.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Shaman
I'm thinking to do both PvE and PvP, but mostly PvE. What would be best, me staying a Draenei or just switching to a Troll?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I would lean toward troll because Berserking is going to be great in any spec in either PvP or PvE and Voodoo Shuffle is also pretty nice for PvP. Draenei on the other hand for PvE all you really get is the 1% hit which isn't that great as it's pretty easy to get the hit cap and the heal is pretty negligible considering its rather high cool down.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Shaman
So, overall a Troll would be best?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/12/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Stormhàwk
So, overall a Troll would be best?
Orcs beat trolls in PVP, and in PVE nobody knows if the Troll racial (Beast Slaying) will work in T15 until they either nerf it or it goes live. Berserking is likely to be of mixed value if the legendary meta goes live.

The safe choice for PVE is wait until 5.2 actually happens and see if beast slaying works on t15 bosses/adds AND if the legendary meta stays as a 30% haste proc for Elemental shamans. If beast slaying works, Trolls win. If beast slaying doesn't work, and the legendary GCD-capping meta goes live as it is on beta, then Orc is superior (especially considering the 4pt15 bonus).

Orc stun duration reduction is far better than the voodoo shuffle in pvp anyways due to glyphed ghost wolf.

My safe bet is Orc. But if you see method/vodka/paragon's first kill of heroic something beast and 90% of the raid is trolls you know beast slaying is OP for t15.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Tauren, for the huge pauldrons. I mean, have you even seen the Challenge mode armor?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Orc is better for pvp and orc/troll are about tied in PVE.
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Shaman
well i look cooler than anyone here so i think that matters :p
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I wouldn't spend the money, especially while still leveling. You may get bored and switch characters, and have wasted money on a faction/race change. Honestly, I also don't think race matters that much, I think you should pick the one you like best whether it be for looks/lore.

I made a level 1 shaman of every alliance race (my friends are all alliance) and did some hopping around and casting, playing around with looking at armor sets, an found panda to be most pleasing to me.

Racial wise, I like orc, but I love the pandas, and haven't regretted it one bit.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Rolling a dwarf is always the answer.

Unless the question is what race should my druid be...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]