5.2 release too early?

90 Human Paladin
I personaly think that a 5.2 release on the 26th of Febuary or early March would be realy too soon. I am leading a casual (3 days a week) group and we just reached 11/16H and i think that we have a good progression timing. I think that only 5 months of MsV and only 4 month of HoF/Terrace is rly too low.

So far we only have 4months of T15 (16 boss) (10 of em were released in November)

We had 10 months of Dragon Soul (8 boss tier)
we had 6-7 months of Firelands (7 boss tier)
We had 7 months of T11 (13 boss tier)
We had Endless months of Icecrown Citadel

I am prety sure most of the 2-3 days/Week raiders will agree that 5.2 is going to launch too soon if it goes live before mid-march
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I raid 3 nights and I completed the tier. That said, I agree that 5.2 feels maybe a month or so early.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
And then on the flipside if they'd released it 2 months from now, people would be screaming bloody murder about how we've waited too long for a patch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/11/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Xiic
I raid 3 nights and I completed the tier. That said, I agree that 5.2 feels maybe a month or so early.

Well, i don't say i wouldnt be 16/16H if i didnt had a lot of recruting trouble back in October-november and attendance problems in December... but i feel we are (casuals) only deeply into T14 since Early January

5.2 release in Arpil would have been just perfect for me. And according to a lot of my guilidies and friends, 26th of febuary is rly too soon

Mid-march would be ok
early april would be just perfect
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I rly rly love T14 so far and im rly more involved in it than i was in T13 (T13 was just bad)

But... theres 16 bosses, we are 11/16H and we spend at least one night farming the 11H boss we have on farm

I cuted several times on farming and extended this week on Amber shaper Un'sok heroic and we managed to kill him

We rly wish we could have at least one more month to get to kill Heroic Grand Empress Shek' zeer pre-nerf

I am sure we could get 3 more kills in the incoming 4 weeks and i would be rly pleased with that

I understand a tier cannot last forever... but only 4 months of HoF... this is not enough
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/11/2013 09:44 PMPosted by Kreeara
nd then on the flipside if they'd released it 2 months from now, people would be screaming bloody murder about how we've waited too long for a patch.

There will always be ppl screeming and not happy... but im sure this new tier is released too soon for the vast majority of ppl
Maybe you could just release the Isle of Thunder (quest area) and unlock the raid a couple of weeks after

I will not scream and cry if 5.2 hit on the 26th of Feb... i will just be disapointed because i feel involved in this tier and we feel able to complete the tier without a nerf
Edited by Heiros on 2/11/2013 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
eh, as much as I like this tier, I won't be sad to see it go. Too many bosses that I just hate doing. Quite frankly, HoF is a really boring raid, and ToES isn't a whole lot better. I liked MV quite a bit, but with the decreased ilvl there becomes less and less of a reason for raiders to even farm it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
dont think many would cry if it was released in april.
It's not even close to dragging yet, like Dragon soul was in no-time.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
I do not raid and I am sure if I was still raiding I would be disappointed that I had not finished everything before the next patch but I think the amount of time has been reasonable and for those not pushing progression something new to do will be quite welcome.

People asked for a faster release pace and that is what Blizzard is trying to deliver, I would be very surprised if the majority werent ready for 5.2 since this covers any finished heroic guild, most normals who arent aiming for heroic and LFR heroes such as myself.

Maybe you need to use the clock to put some emphasis on getting it done and see it as a challenge. (also if it is that important you can turn off the buff though you wont get the FOS).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I rly rly love T14 so far and im rly more involved in it than i was in T13 (T13 was just bad)

But... theres 16 bosses, we are 11/16H and we spend at least one night farming the 11H boss we have on farm

I cuted several times on farming and extended this week on Amber shaper Un'sok heroic and we managed to kill him

We rly wish we could have at least one more month to get to kill Heroic Grand Empress Shek' zeer pre-nerf

I am sure we could get 3 more kills in the incoming 4 weeks and i would be rly pleased with that

I understand a tier cannot last forever... but only 4 months of HoF... this is not enough

We stopped farming H MSV and N ToES a few weeks ago. When you only raid 9 hrs a week, you can't afford to spend 3 hrs on farming. We haven't hit a gear wall yet (10/16 H), and it looks like the gear won't matter anyways with 5.2 coming out in 2 weeks.
Edited by Snaptaunt on 2/11/2013 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/11/2013 10:37 PMPosted by Snaptaunt
We stopped farming H MSV and N ToES a few weeks ago. When you only raid 9 hrs a week, you can't afford to spend 3 hrs on farming. We haven't hit a gear wall yet (10/16 H), and it looks like the gear won't matter anyways with 5.2 coming out in 2 weeks.

I totaly understand a group that only have 2 days in need to give up on farming to try to progress in a 16 boss tier

I don't say theres too many boss... but we should have at least 6-8 more weeks to try to clear it
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
02/11/2013 09:32 PMPosted by Heiros
We had 10 months of Dragon Soul (8 boss tier)

Yeah and we all hated that.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a little more time (an extra month or so)
Edited by Ðemolition on 2/11/2013 11:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I think most people know whats going to happen though.

They release this super faster, rather than another month or 2 down the line, and the same with tier 16.

Then 2 years later, we're all mad over tier 16 being a 4 boss tier thats expected to last a year (BUT THE BOSSES WILL BE FUN, WE PROMISE! And so does mr. hand on dial)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I am slightly confused at the way 5.2 is being handled. The general pacing at the end of wrath and cata were long and drawn out, but this seems to be a little too fast. With the holidays and the general attrition that comes around this point, we've personally been fighting the attendance boss to get over the initial heroic hump.

Looking at wowprogress, a sizeable number of guilds are in a similar position at 11-14/16 completed. Thinking back on Naxx40, the whole instance was redone on the notion that only .5%? Saw it as current content. How many have seen sha compared to how many can reasonably get to the fight given a few more resets?

I'd say a month would be near perfect to finish off for a good number of guilds that have persevered thus far. The whole thing just feels rushed, and I've never had that feeling about a tier before.

Edit:http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/rating.tier14_25 the current US 25m rankings has 43 guilds that have finished the tier.
Edited by Ezzyz on 2/11/2013 11:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
I don't think that many people would complain if the release was in early April.
Edited by Attackknight on 2/12/2013 12:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
02/11/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Xiic

~*~*~just noticed you were in resonate~*~*~*
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
5.2 is not too early. This is how Blizz was supposed to put out content in the first place, as they claimed during closed beta back in 2003/2004.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/12/2013 05:36 AMPosted by Namhcir
5.2 is not too early. This is how Blizz was supposed to put out content in the first place, as they claimed during closed beta back in 2003/2004.

Conforming to plans/intentions is not the same as actually being correct.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Assuming they finish enough testing to close the PTR I wouldn't mind seeing the patch drop in 2 weeks and then the raid get pushed out slightly later (2-4 weeks), in a way more similar to the MoP release. New dailies and better drop rates to get gear off farm for the imminent raid.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Having just finished the tier last week on a (mostly) 3 night/week schedule, I'm pretty content with the timing. It's far better to me to move on to the next tier than to spend months farming the same bosses. I understand the concerns some people have though, particularly around the holidays interfering with their raids and the fact that due to the gated nature of the content it wasn't all available initially.

This was a large tier at 16 bosses. But for any guild that's been progressing at a steady rate and are working on terrace heroics, there's honestly a point you can drop 6 of those bosses. Vaults gear is lower item level and with a few exceptions most slots can be filled from heart/terrace. I'm personally only using 4 vaults pieces, and one because a ring hasn't dropped yet in terrace for me. Yes, some pieces from vaults are still BiS (the belt for some classes due to the extra socket, agi trinket from elegon, etc) but if doing it is taking away from too much time that you'd spend working on new bosses...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]