5.2 release too early?

90 Orc Shaman
02/13/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Subrosian
An, but would it be relaxing if its all buggy and unkillable? :)

First week won't be relaxing.

Bosses have some heavy tuning, even on Normal, and facing 12 bosses instead of the 6 we faced in MSV is going to be a pretty big step up in the amount of "week 1 learning" people have to do. Let's say you're a 3-night 4-hour guild. You need to learn (and kill) a boss every hour... with trash you realistically have 3, maybe 4, attempts per boss.

You've been stepping up for the casual crowd, but now you're projecting that crowd to be able to get through all 12 bosses in the first week? I don't think so.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I would also like it to be pushed a couple weeks into March, but whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Shouldn't you be advocating for an extension so you have time to give feedback of that sort, or are you experiencing cognitive dissonance and get to cherry pick when Blizzard listens to feedback?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah I feel like its just a tad bit too early. More bosses than almost any other raid tier, and they have to take into account the time lost due to the big hurricane and the holiday season.

We just got 15/16 heroic and will start work on share soon, but its really cutting it close and we're having to discuss ignoring farm just to have a shot at killing share in time.

Obviously we don't want an endlessly long wait like we had with ICC and DS, but there is more than enough content to keep people going for a while. I think mid march to early April would be a better release schedule.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I don't think that's going to be the case, I think a couple of these fights are going to be a pain, even on Normal.

But don't all hardmode guilds normally finish all available normal modes within a couple days of release?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
02/14/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Tezca
But don't all hardmode guilds normally finish all available normal modes within a couple days of release?

Yes, and..? s/he said they'd be a pain, not impossible/so extremely hard they can't clear it the first week. And that's a good thing, normals shouldn't be a pushover, that's why LFR exists with the guise of "For people to see content." A few fights I've seen thus far have been pretty good, albeit most pretty buggy - which is sad because the bugs from normal still exist today, excluding very few.
Edited by Naumu on 2/14/2013 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]