crazy tanks night

56 Night Elf Druid
had some crazy night with three tanks in a row (me - healer). queued in random dungeon, got first tank, could not hold aggro, left group in the middle. had to hang around, waiting for another tank, dps started having fun pulls and kills, got myself killed 12 times or so.

got second tank, fast kind, got my mana to zero in 30 secs. kinda hinted, too fast buddy, he went ahead and pulled half dungeon in next 30 secs, got me killed, went down after. this happened twice.

got third tank, left half of the group behind the closed doors, went alone, got killed. entire group went down, took half an hour of running between entrance end assembly place to get everyone in a single place, dying dozen of times (had to go repairs twice). meanwhile our 3rd tank couple of times went in alone again and got busted.

never had this crazy party.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Mage
Sooo....it looks like you wandered into the wrong forum. This is the World's End Tavern. You know...for lore questions and stories.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
Waldenn pulls up a chair and turns it around, and sits in it backwards facing Varcin and raises his beer to her. "Aye, these youngsters these days, they think they're all great heroes, they do!" Waldenn takes a sip of his beer and peers deep within the glass, he tilts it from side to side watching the suds form little waves before taking another sip. "not like back in my day, our 'tanks' relied on their teammates skills as much as their own, and we looked out for one another!"

Waldenn finishes his beer and slams the glass against the ground, shattering it in many fine crystalline shards, then folds his arms atop the chair. "They challenge EVERYTHING thinking they can prove their greatness!" The old man waves down a waitress for another beer, she scuffs at him looking down at the broken glass. "Ah, this beer is watered down anyways, now where was I? ah yes..." Waldenn looks back intensely at Varcin, "You can't blame them though, they way things are now, they throw random people together to fight, and expect them to be a team, no druid, that is not a team!"

Waldenn spots an unattended glass to the table to his left, and take a quick look-around before grabbing it for himself. "Varcin, listen here, seek out one to do battles and journey with, one who you can trust, to be your 'tank' if the riff-raff you are being paired with does not suit you. Grow together, and you both can become great!"

The old man gets up from the table and puts five gold coins on the table and begins walking away, he stops at the door and looks back at Varcin, "Though in the end, you are the one making the decisions, but if you take the advice from this old man, I'm sure you will not be disappointed". Waldenn turns back and walks out the doorway, raising his hand to the side to wave as he vanishes around the corner.
Reply Quote
Yvier nods at the wise hunter. "You are correct, one needs to find team mates who will work together with you. Not only is this more efficient, I find it a great deal more enjoyable. On the other hand if I find tanks such as these in a random dungeon, I warn them once. After that they stay down and I will continue to heal and help whoever else is in the group who is willing to tank.

On the rare occations I have had to pull bear form and tank when the fool refuses to listen, I take great pleasure in scoffing at them and reminding them, "Tanks may be the ones who are supposed to fearlessly rush in and kill, but if you are foolish enough to go in alone...you die alone."
Reply Quote
56 Night Elf Druid
@Khetep: yeah, I realise, was 2am.

@Waldenn: lol. word of the wise :)

Yvier nods at the wise hunter. "On the other hand if I find tanks such as these in a random dungeon, I warn them once. After that they stay down and I will continue to heal and help whoever else is in the group who is willing to tank.

On the rare occations I have had to pull bear form and tank when the fool refuses to listen, I take great pleasure in scoffing at them and reminding them, "Tanks may be the ones who are supposed to fearlessly rush in and kill, but if you are foolish enough to go in alone...you die alone."

pretty radical, but should serve well :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]