18 sigil of Wisdom and 9 sigil of power.....

90 Troll Druid
I share the frustration as well I had to do a search to find out what the heck is going on with sigil of power drops.

I was at 7 power about 13 wisdom now I have 7 power and 18 wisdom.

So I run MV as that is where power is supposed to drop and guess what I get more wisdom.

LFR
MV run got wisdom
HOF run got wisdom
TES run got wisdom

so where are the power Blizzard

well since today bosses reset I'll give it another try but if I see a wisdom I'm gonna scream
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Here is what Blizz should do make the dam sigils B O A i have 11 90's same realm and it ticks me off having to run MSV LFR to get Sigils of power when i have extra that are sitting on other toons and are completely useless. Time for blizz to click a button to solve alot of problems.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm sitting at 10 Sigils of Wisdom and 3 Sigils of Power.

I understand that earlier in the expansion they had Sigils of Power drop from MV and TES, and Wisdom drop from HOF and TES, but decided to hotfix it so that Sigils of Power only drop in MV, since it opened up before HOF and TES so a lot of people early on had excess Sigils of Power.

It seems to me like they should probably revert that change now that the raid tiers have all been available for a while. I just killed all six MV bosses, bonus loot rolled on all them, and didn't get a single Sigil of Power. This means it'll be at least another two weeks before I can proceed on the Legendary questline.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I can see now that I certainly am not alone here...geez. I am currently sitting at 11-wisdom and 7-power however, I have gotten neither to drop in 2 weeks running every raid in LFR. Blizz...please fix this. I am getting worn out on MSV and HoF.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Classic. Sorry to find this funny, but it's only becuase I feel your pain and frustration.

I only do PvP, but for the first time I'm doing heaps of LFR becuase I also want to have a legendary weapon. But I have been so annoyed at how long it takes to get these sigils. I'm not in a big guild, so I don't do normal raids for the easy sigil drops, and nothing beats the empty feeling of waiting 55 mins for LFR to pop as a DPS, then doing a 1 hour raid, killing 4 bosses and having no sigils drop!

For someone who only wants to PvP, it ain't fun waiting 55 mins then raiding for no reward. You are closer than me though. I still need 3 sigils to complete the quest :(

Yeah, I feel your pain. Especially when there is no loot that will drop that I need.

Too bad that there is not a vendor who will trade the darn things, one for the other ...
Edited by Bitterhope on 3/24/2013 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
To answer your one question. You can farm to revered without doing the quests. As for the sigal trouble i have the same problem, 14 wisdom 9 power :| its madning!!!

Yes, but it doesn't do you any good. I have him at exalted. Other than a rep bar, it means nothing at present.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
For more on the topic: http://www.wowhead.com/item=87208/sigil-of-power#comments

To be clear, Yes you can get these from LFR Bosses. They do however share the same 1 week cooldown that boss loot does. meaning you have 1 chance per boss once a week to get sigils of power. If you kill a boss, future kills of that boss will NOT yeild an opportunity to get a sigil. That being said, you can however do all the bosses in LFR, and then do all the bosses in heroic or normal mode and have extra chances that way.

TL:DR you have to be eligible for loot to receive a sigil.

vs.

Again I say that this is not the case as i have gotten sigils off of bosses on my third kill for the week

Anyone know current status?

Thanks.

Otherwise: http://www.wowhead.com/news=209066/mists-of-pandaria-legendary-quest-guide-updated-for-5-1
Edited by Bitterhope on 3/24/2013 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Looking for an update on the drop pattern if anyone knows.

Can you get sigils if you are not eligible for loot?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Been at 13 wisdom's and 7 power's for 3 weeks now including today and i do bot RF and normal. Either it's bugged or i have bad RNG
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
I have been over a month with 7 sigils of power and around 40 widsom.

-14 charms and 2 clears of MSV normal and LFR each week.

That's 50 chances to get a sigil of power. I do believe this has to be bugged. The odds of not getting any in 50 chances are beyond RNG bad luck.

I am well beyond the gear level and this has become more than frustrating. Obtaining 6000 valor is 6 weeks on its own.

I would have hoped, with all the talk about this on the forums EVERYWHERE, that Blizzard would have figured out a way to assist in this. It appears that I will have to wait for the next expansion to get a legendary item.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I hardly ever post on the forums- never complain- yet I've been so frustrated with this "Legendary" quest line that I came here to do just that, only to see that there's already a thread up. I decided to shift my focus from my Mage to my DK a bit before 5.2 and was excited at the prospects of being able to gear it quickly thanks to the increased loot drop rates. However, much to my chagrin, I realized that I'd have to keep running MSV after gaining the item level necessary for not only HoF/ToES, but ToT as well. Now, there's absolutely nothing I need from MSV, as the increased drop chances combined with the copious amounts of Elder Charms available meant that I received my upgrades in a flurry; I'm simply running it because I need sigils. Waiting around in a queue as DPS is already a great displeasure, and to have to run 3 older raids that no longer have loot I need from them, only to continuously be met with no sigils, is painfully frustrating and devoid of all fun.

Then, today, I receive a Sigil of Wisdom from MSV when I already have over 10 and am strictly running it for Sigils of Power. I understand why blizzard initially made this change, because my mage was indeed one of those who spent the first weeks doing only MSV and needed wisdoms. However, now, with the increased loot chances, myself and all others will most likely only need a week or two of MSV at max. Barring extremely favorable RNG, it's unlikely that you'll attain the necessary amount of sigils in that time frame.

The most disheartening part of all this is that I'm trying to complete a very early step in the whole quest line. After this portion, I'll reach another gate where I have to spend 6 weeks of capping valor in order to proceed and probably be forced to run ToT in 5.4 just to completely catch-up. The kicker is that I'll hit exalted with the Black Prince reputation either today or tomorrow. What happens if I decide I want to join a raiding guild? Am I to be forced to write: "Sorry guys, but I'm months behind in my legendary quest-line and as such, will be a detriment to your raid. Not only will I be missing the extra gem slot in my weapons, but I won't have my legendary meta gem to help for this content cycle." I would honestly understand not being accepted or being benched because of that.

TL;DR: Make the sigils 100% drop-rate in LFR for the sanity of those starting late or allow us to trade one sigil for the other at a vendor. Perhaps create a catch-up mechanism based on your Black Prince reputation? Or go to an extreme and make the quest have account-wide progress. I realize that legendary items are not supposed to be some easy feat, but I'd like to use one that is relevant to the content I'm currently trying to conquer before the next tier comes out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
After this portion, I'll reach another gate where I have to spend 6 weeks of capping valor in order to proceed and probably be forced to run ToT in 5.4 just to completely catch-up. The kicker is that I'll hit exalted with the Black Prince reputation either today or tomorrow. What happens if I decide I want to join a raiding guild? Am I to be forced to write: "Sorry guys, but I'm months behind in my legendary quest-line and as such, will be a detriment to your raid. Not only will I be missing the extra gem slot in my weapons, but I won't have my legendary meta gem to help for this content cycle." I would honestly understand not being accepted or being benched because of that.

TL;DR: Make the sigils 100% drop-rate in LFR for the sanity of those starting late or allow us to trade one sigil for the other at a vendor. Perhaps create a catch-up mechanism based on your Black Prince reputation? Or go to an extreme and make the quest have account-wide progress. I realize that legendary items are not supposed to be some easy feat, but I'd like to use one that is relevant to the content I'm currently trying to conquer before the next tier comes out.

Yeah, it is a gateblocker that is kind of difficult, especially since you can be exalted with the Prince yet still treated as if you don't have a good reputation with him. ...

Hope they fix this.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Well, I'm up to 4 sigils of power after running MV this week. Many others in my LFR group were also having the same issue, it seems.

At this rate it'll take me another 8 weeks just to get the remaining six sigils of power, and then I know that there's another quest down the road that'll take another six weeks of maxing out the weekly valor cap.

Difficulty is one thing, but this isn't difficult. It's just annoying and boring. I'd rather not have to continually run MV every week when I don't need any of the gear.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
yea this is just retarded, i have 18 wisdom 5 power, and guess which one dropped when i ran MSV on monday?(it wasn't the power) i don't have endless hours to run every raid every week, as i have a job and real life responsilities, so i guess we are just crap outta luck. an exchange vendor would be more than fair as the cumulative number of sigils shows we are running the raids. maybe i'll go check out pet battles since my realisitic chance of being able to finish this part of the quest while in content is nil. thx for building our hopes for a legendary only to have a half useful item, maybe in 6.0 i can finish the questline
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
My hunter (main) has been running Stone Guard through Will every week for quite a while now. I'm at 21 Wisdom and 6 Power. I got no Sigils of Power this week, but picked up a Sigil of Wisdom off of Stone Guard. Yay.

My gear is all 483 to 522; no upgrades drop in MSV. I'm just going through this weekly time sink for the Sigils, and they're not dropping.

My paladin alt got 9 Sigils of Power in two weeks. Also has 7 Sigils of Wisdom. I'll probably advance the quest on my alt before my main.

Blizzard, this isn't pure RNG streakiness. You broke something. Look into it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
For the past 5 weeks I have been sitting at

6-8 Sigils of Power and 20-22 Sigils of Wisdom

I gained 1 power this week in all 5 lower raids. I only run the lower raids to try to get powers I need nothing from them. I would ask Blizzard to install some sort of trade in NPC please. This is obviously a problem for many folks. Imagine all the people that don't post that are having the same issue.

Blizzard, this isn't pure RNG streakiness. You broke something. Look into it.

^^^^ what he said
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Well, this week I was lucky enough to get two Sigils of Power and (sigh) a Sigil of Wisdom from MSV, bringing my total to 6 Sigils of Power (and 13 Sigils of Wisdom) after five weeks of running MSV. This is pretty frustrating, especially with another seven-week barrier coming up with the valor quest when I get done with this one. I have a Sha-Touched weapon that I can't even use because it's a downgrade to my current setup without the legendary gem.

Please, Blizzard, revert the changes you made earlier in the expansion. Have MSV only drop Sigils of Power, and let them have a chance to drop in Terrace of Endless Springs again. I understand the reasoning for the change when you guys made it, but this far into the expansion it's only hindering people who are starting on their legendary questlines late.
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Warrior
Got 1 sigil of power this week, including bonus rolls. It would be nice if there was blue confirmation that I could get linked to, whether they drop in Terrace, whether elder charms affect anything, and whether going multiple times in a week can get you further chances on these stupid things.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Have had similar problems.

My main is mage is up to date with the questline and did not struggle with getting either sigils (read lucky) I am now working on Secrets of the Empire. (4/20) However, I have yet to receive either 1 or 2 handed sha weapon after weeks and weeks of trying (read unlucky). Both the gem and the meta socket sit idle in my bag. Now, as I have played my rogue alt, I received the sha weapon but have not been able to get the sigils. I have 11 wisdom and 3 power. So not only do you RNG for sigils as an issue, there is also a RNG issue with the drop for the sha weapon. The most frustrating part is that this questline continues to develop through all of MOP. Previous legendary questlines were for one or two classes and were outgraded (weapons) within a few patches. Please address this Blizzard as it really takes the 'fun' out of the game
Edited by Primuson on 4/8/2013 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
24 sigils of wisdom and 9 sigils of power here. No big deal
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]