Doing randoms is making me hate the game.

90 Gnome Rogue
I honestly do not know what to do, I don't even want to play this toon anymore and literally JUST got him to 90 a few days ago.

The grinding sucks, but I can handle the grinding part, but coupled with the terrible people who play randoms (Attitude wise, not skill-wise, Hell I'm not good enough to call people out on being bad.) and the people who decided to rush alone to some really defended point and then ask why nobody helped them, or the people who don't call inc ever, just makes me want to punch kittens and throw babies out windows.

How in the hell do you people deal with this? I can't stand to even get the BG win a day (if that happens, I don't seem to have the best luck getting into groups that win or don't have a bunch of bots.) anymore, I really do want to PvP and get better at it, but right now I'd sooner get punched in the face repeatedly as even that'd be more fun than doing BGs to get the honor to gear.

what do.
Edited by Flayhugus on 2/12/2013 1:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I felt exactly the same way just last week. My solution was to break down and try OQ. Now just 1 week later I rarely use OQ anymore because I have met some amazing people and no longer "need" it.

I am sure this will sound cliche but finding a group of like minded people will change your PvP experience immensely. Don't give up and good luck to you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I felt exactly the same way just last week. My solution was to break down and try OQ. Now just 1 week later I rarely use OQ anymore because I have met some amazing people and no longer "need" it.

I am sure this will sound cliche but finding a group of like minded people will change your PvP experience immensely. Don't give up and good luck to you.

I'll have to look into this "OQ" as I have no idea what it is.

TO GOOGLE!

That sounds wonderful.
Edited by Flayhugus on 2/12/2013 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
The short OQ answer is it is an addon that helps x-server people to group up. I would also suggest getting Ventrillo if you don't already have it as most groups us it. Not mandatory but will open up additional opportunities.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
02/12/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Moga
The short OQ answer is it is an addon that helps x-server people to group up. I would also suggest getting Ventrillo if you don't already have it as most groups us it. Not mandatory but will open up additional opportunities.

It seems pretty awesome, I'm going to look into this because If it makes me want to harm small things less I'll be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
OQ = oQueue, btw.

Also, !@#$ing enchant your gear. God damn. At least you aren't in greens, I guess.

Truth be told, at 3000 resilience, you will find very few oQ groups (in my experience from the Alliance side, anyway). Your ability to influence a battleground in any meaningful way is severely limited by your gear. You've got mostly low level PvE blues. You can't expect to win more often then not when you are one of the bottlenecks of your team. You may feel you are better then everybody else, everybody does...but you aren't.

There is hope, though. This is simply the trial. Next season you will be in this seasons Conquest gear from the get-go and it'll feel like a new game.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
OQ = oQueue, btw.

Also, !@#$ing enchant your gear. God damn. At least you aren't in greens, I guess.

Truth be told, at 3000 resilience, you will find very few oQ groups (in my experience from the Alliance side, anyway). Your ability to influence a battleground in any meaningful way is severely limited by your gear. You've got mostly low level PvE blues. You can't expect to win more often then not when you are one of the bottlenecks of your team. You may feel you are better then everybody else, everybody does...but you aren't.

There is hope, though. This is simply the trial. Next season you will be in this seasons Conquest gear from the get-go and it'll feel like a new game.

When did I say I was better or felt better than everyone else?

02/12/2013 01:07 PMPosted by Flayhugus
(Attitude wise, not skill-wise, Hell I'm not good enough to call people out on being bad.)

I wish people would read the post sometimes.

Also, notice. I've stated that I AM TRYING TO GEAR in the OP, not trying to be the best on the team, not trying to lead it, just trying to win and gear. Nothing else, nothing more. I just want to get the gear so I can actually DO things without being useless before doing things other than just trying my hardest to win so I can gear.
Edited by Flayhugus on 2/12/2013 1:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
QQ

Calm down. I said you may feel better then others...I did not say you did feel that way. However, you did give examples in which you were, in effect, calling people out for being bad so whatever you say, you are the upset one not me.

Saying you are trying to gear isn't all that convincing when 8 pcs aren't even enchanted and you are missing a gem slot. But that wasn't my point. You have earned a whopping 10k honor. You're still wet behind the ears and already !@#$%ing.
Edited by Geezushkrist on 2/12/2013 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
if you dont like grinding, you are playing the wrong game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/12/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Shâd
if you dont like grinding, you are playing the wrong game.

He did say he can handle the grinding part.

:l
Reply Quote
89 Gnome Mage
02/12/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Geezushkrist
QQ

Calm down. I said you may feel better then others...I did not say you did feel that way. However, you did give examples in which you were, in effect, calling people out for being bad so whatever you say, you are the upset one not me.

Saying you are trying to gear isn't all that convincing when 8 pcs aren't even enchanted and you are missing a gem slot. But that wasn't my point. You have earned a whopping 10k honor. You're still wet behind the ears and already !@#$%ing.

Weird how you think the OP is the one that needs to calm down while you have cussed at him in both of your responses. You internet tough guys and your logic always amuses me.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
02/12/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Pharoah

Weird how you think the OP is the one that needs to calm down while you have cussed at him in both of your responses. You internet tough guys and your logic always amuses me.

My fault in the first place expecting more than one helpful answer from the forums, I mean I regular on the forums I should know better by now.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
02/12/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Geezushkrist
QQ

It's like you didn't even read the OP at all.
I said I hit 90 a few days ago
I do not have the gold to be enchanting PvE gear I got from questing and certainly do not have the gold to buy a belt buckle for a 440 PvE piece.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/12/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Pharoah

I wasn't aware that profanity meant I was mad >_> I guess if I go home and tell my wife I !@#$ing love her, she better watch out, right?

I'm not tough on the net or IRL but I am glad I amuse you.

He did say he can handle the grinding part. :|

And then he went on to complain about all the bad things that come with the PvP grind. Saying you can handle it and actually handling it are two different things.
Edited by Geezushkrist on 2/12/2013 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Gnome Mage
02/12/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Geezushkrist

I wasn't aware that profanity meant I was mad >_> I guess if I go home and tell my wife I !@#$ing love her, she better watch out, right?

I'm not tough on the net or IRL but I am glad I amuse you.

He did say he can handle the grinding part. :|

And then he went on to complain about all the bad things that come with the PvP grind. Saying you can handle it and actually handling it are two different things.

Well that's sort of out of context. If you told here wash her ####ing clothes or that "..." and she's already #####ing, then yes, I would consider that mildly abusive and maybe she should watch out. On the other hand, maybe you guys just have that sort of relationship, and there is nothing wrong with that. Any who, I don't think profanity generally adds to the constructive aspect of forum discussion. Also, I am glad that you are glad that you amuse me. It's like we have a little symbiotic bromance going on, no? Cheers to that!

Finally, since I'm posting in this topic I might as well address it. lulz. OP, I hate randoms as well. What I have taken a liking to in lieu of doing high lvl bgs is doing lower level random bgs on alts. I try to get heirloom gear that can be used between multiple classes and then just level through the ranks doing random bgs at low level. I know it's not the end all cure all for the random problem, but it's my adaptation to the current state of things.

-P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/12/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Geezushkrist

So there's a problem with one venting his frustration?

The grind is a big part of this game, and yes it can feel overwhelming when starting out.

But he was more open to accepting a solution to make his experience better, instead screaming;

"I QUIT, FIX YOUR GAME BLIZZARD"

or

"CATER TO ME!!"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/12/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Pharoah
It's like we have a little symbiotic bromance going on, no? Cheers to that!

Agreed.

/casts Ice Block
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
02/12/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Sanjei

So there's a problem with one venting his frustration?

The grind is a big part of this game, and yes it can feel overwhelming when starting out.

But he was more open to accepting a solution to make his experience better, instead screaming;

"I QUIT, FIX YOUR GAME BLIZZARD"

or

"CATER TO ME!!"

No better MMO out there, the game is too fun and addicting to act like that.
besides, I've tried to quit a hundred times over now, always come back.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Unfortunately because you are crazily undergeared part of the problem is you. Many people forget that when they hit max level on their main or alts. Consider someone who hits level 90 and buys the Contender set, grabs a blue weapon from a dungeon and eagerly gets into a battleground. If we base the comparison off of PvP Power alone, you are doing 30%+ (ish?) less damage than someone in a full honour set and malevolent weapon. That means you are contributing that much less damage over the course of a 10-15 minute battleground! If you're running WSG, SSM or BFG, you are 10% of the team doing that much less damage. So naturally while you're gearing up you might endure more losses.

Just be patient and try to queue with friends who already have their PvP gear in order. If you don't have any friends -- add me. hbomb_tba@yahoo.ca -- I'll PvP with you.

~H

Edit: Just realized OP is Alliance. Ah well, I tried.
Edited by Hbomb on 2/12/2013 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]