Failbag Rewards In 5.2 - Thoughts?

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Mage
EDIT: Updated by Bashiok. Looks like they are in. Cute!

02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Bashiok
The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now. :)

What do you think?

What would *you* like to see in your failbag? Personally, I'd *love* some lesser charms or valor.
Edited by Sorrów on 2/12/2013 7:57 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Mage
Oh, and has anyone heard anything about whether or not it's actually going to happen?
90 Draenei Shaman
On Patch 5.2, the bag containing gold will also have other goodies added to it. Hopefully it'll serve to lessen that feeling of walking out the LFR with empty hands (and some gold).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297653752#12

It seems to function that way on the PTR. I received an elder charm out of one of my caches.
90 Human Mage
Oh wow, an Elder Charm. Which can only be used in the obsolete raid tiers. Yay.
90 Undead Rogue
Another failbag,just like lockboxes.
02/12/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Madican
Oh wow, an Elder Charm. Which can only be used in the obsolete raid tiers. Yay.

They also buy stuff from the daily rep quartermaster to help you with the solo scenario thing.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I didn't hear anything about it...but personally I'd like them to become sort of like what you can get from tanking/healing, the call to arms bags or whatever they're called. Chance to have gems, maybe a pet or something. Maybe even spirits of harmony. Heck, even just buff food. Something useful. Gold is lovely, but 28g isn't going to make that huge a difference with AH prices nowadays....
90 Draenei Mage
I think they should have class-specific stuff and crafting mats.

caster flasks, caster food, caster potion, a sha crystal, an uncut stone.

Things that I would probably end up using in the future.

I think that's also why 28.5 sucks so much. In today's wow economy, getting 28.5 gold is like someone giving you $1 as a tip.

But a caster flask, I would end up using that and find it useful.

It SHOULD also have a a chance to drop a special pet or mount, but on a much lower drop rate obviously.

Seriously, people may not be that excited about elder coins, but it still beats 28.5g.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Weren't Blizzard going to put these in? You know - something other than 28g?

What would *you* like to see in your failbag? Personally, I'd *love* some lesser charms or valor.
Maybe they should just take the bag away completely? I mean clearly 28g is an insult so you'd obviously rather get nothing I guess.

edit: Always irritates me how people QQ because they don't get loot and their consolation prize isn't good enough. Then again I come from a day when not every kid got a trophy just for being on the team either. *shrugs*
Edited by Raheya on 2/12/2013 7:30 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Maybe they should just take the bag away completely? I mean clearly 28g is an insult so you'd obviously rather get nothing I guess.

edit: Always irritates me how people QQ because they don't get loot and their consolation prize isn't good enough. Then again I come from a day when not every kid got a trophy just for being on the team either. *shrugs*

it isnt a consolation prize, it the equivalent amount of gold you would get as a share if the boss dropped gold normally for looting. It is meant to cover repairs, however on some bad runs i have had this expansion it has been less than the repairs.
Community Manager
The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now. :)
85 Blood Elf Mage

Sigh.

The issue is that normal raids have systems to counter rng (within the raids) but LFR doesn't. The failbag can be very demotivational, which Blizzard has recognized.

That said, why do you care at all? With your attitude, you are raiding progression Heroics. Right?

Oh wait.
85 Blood Elf Mage

Ooh! Thanks Bashi :)

Can you clarify what you mean by "LFR versions of non-boss loot" though? Do you mean ilvl scaled up 5man loot?
90 Tauren Druid

pets and mounts you say... like the lfd tank rewards?
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I'd just like to see another failbag inside the original failbag, containing another failbag, which has a failbag in it.
90 Goblin Hunter
I'd officially like to submit a request for a toy-item called "The Failbag" that you can right click once a week and it gives you 28 gold. The tooltip should read, "Well, I *guess* I feel better..."
90 Undead Warlock
It will be nice not to get a lump of gold each time.
90 Draenei Mage

Can you clarify what you mean by "LFR versions of non-boss loot" though? Do you mean ilvl scaled up 5man loot?

im guessing scenario style loot. or even boes.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]