Failbag Rewards In 5.2 - Thoughts?

(Locked)

gistene welcomes this change. he likes loot.
Blizzard Employee
02/12/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Sorrów
The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now. :)

Ooh! Thanks Bashi :)

Can you clarify what you mean by "LFR versions of non-boss loot" though? Do you mean ilvl scaled up 5man loot?

Meaning items that drop off "trash". Greens and blues and such.
Greens inside my LFR bag is not exactly exciting...
85 Blood Elf Mage
02/12/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Bashiok

Ah. Thanks!
90 Troll Warlock
Im thinking the items Bashiok is referring to are the trash drops you'd normally get from raids. Examples being the trinkets from MSV, which had datamined raid finder ilvls iirc.

EDIT: darn i was wrong :(
Edited by Vezruda on 2/12/2013 8:24 PM PST
100 Troll Hunter
Are crafting patterns an option?
100 Draenei Mage

Can you clarify what you mean by "LFR versions of non-boss loot" though? Do you mean ilvl scaled up 5man loot?

Patterns?!?!?

Trinkets?!?!?!

O.o

ok, you might have me excited about the fail bag now . . .
90 Worgen Hunter
Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent

EDIT: and Ghost Iron Lockbox
Edited by Darklobo on 2/12/2013 8:34 PM PST
100 Gnome Mage
Whats even worse than the Failbag is getting the same belt 4 weeks in a row that sells at the vendor for 11g.....I rather have the bag...
90 Blood Elf Priest
1 hour queue? That must stink. Life of the healer with 5 min queues max :D
100 Night Elf Hunter
The idea of new mounts and minipets coming from the failbags make this a complete reversal. Now I'll be disappointed when I win gear instead of the failbag.

Assuming that the bag mounts are, in fact, new and this isn't a repeat of the tankbag from heroic queues.
I expect to get a lot of 28.5g again, of course. And maybe an occasional Potion of the Mountain, just like the CtA Satchels. Oh yes, an extra 75s from the vendor for something totally useless to me. It makes me feel soooo much better about getting a bag of gold.

Blizzard's idea of "chance to get something" is pretty crappy in most cases. It's just more marketing PR talk that never lives up to the hype, just like this expansion.
90 Human Paladin
u heard we like random so u put random in our random so we could random while we random?
90 Orc Monk
/dances around in the lovely rain shower caused by the delicious QQ tears
100 Human Warlock
My question is which mounts!!?? ^_^
100 Night Elf Rogue

...so, more gold?

That seems extraneous.

Or are you talking patterns and gems and the like?

Because, honestly, I don't see myself getting excited about seeing a Whallopin' Stick of the Zephyr or something.
Edited by Enekie on 2/12/2013 9:28 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
My question is which mounts!!?? ^_^

The mounts that when you get them they give you the 200-250 mount achievement in 5.2......oh wait.....that's not coming.

Can only guess they will give the exact same thing as the tank bag from random dungeons making them completely worthless for people that do more than sit around in a city all day and actually go out and farm the mounts.

Atleast add all the 5man dungeon mounts to the bag blizz if you add more(maybe even some of the easier to farm raid mounts), maybe even you know....those waterstriders or all the other mounts that are in our armory mount tab but you don't feel the need to remove them when they are not attainable.
Edited by Wilhelm on 2/12/2013 9:40 PM PST
90 Human Monk
Arrrr! More plunder! The Bloodsail Buccaneers approve!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]