Failbag Rewards In 5.2 - Thoughts?

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Mage
02/12/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Tedfast
/dances around in the lovely rain shower caused by the delicious QQ tears

Wut.
100 Draenei Shaman
Bliz don't buff fail bags too much. No need for mounts/pets from those bags. The problem with the 28g it is because it is totally predictable. A lockbox like content is more than ok.
Edited by Shamantra on 2/12/2013 9:47 PM PST
100 Tauren Druid
EDIT: Updated by Bashiok. Looks like they are in. Cute!

The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now. :)

What do you think?

What would *you* like to see in your failbag? Personally, I'd *love* some lesser charms or valor.

PETS! MOUNTS! YAY!

I hope there's also flawless battle stones
85 Blood Elf Mage
02/12/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Shamantra
Bliz don't buff fail bags too much. No need for mounts/pets from those bags.

Why?
92 Gnome Warlock
02/12/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Shamantra
Bliz don't buff fail bags too much. No need for mounts/pets from those bags. The problem with the 28g it is because it is totally predictable. A lockbox like content is more than ok.

If I have to suffer through LFR for upgrades, I'd better be getting a chance at mounts out of it.
90 Worgen Mage
Bliz don't buff fail bags too much. No need for mounts/pets from those bags.

Thanks, but what I need, or would like, and what you think I need or would like, are two separate things. Mounts would be great, trinks, pets to level as battlepets would also be fun.

The 28g is just...bleh.
90 Night Elf Druid
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Bashiok
The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now. :)

Sounds like they are basically the one up from the LFD satchel. So is this for all the bags and does the ones from charms have any extra chance at better stuff? I do not have an issue with the normally dropped bags as it was the same as before. The fail bags from charms feels more fail and LFR is already quite rewarding given the effort involved. It is nice to see these finally being brought in after over six months or so of talk about them possibly coming in.

In terms of mounts and pets though I hope it is from the same list as the satchels given how much chances players get. I assume the random blues and greens are for DE and vendor so would be nice to have a chance at gems as well or maybe in a later patch. Possibly some fun or useful in other game play aspect consumable items.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 2/12/2013 10:27 PM PST
100 Worgen Mage
Sounds like a great change to me. Not that I've had the pleasure of raiding etc yet, but still, this sounds worthwhile and might encourage people to use LFR a bit more that've been burned out from getting just the gold for weeks at a time.
90 Worgen Mage
Bashiok: staff weapons, please. More of them.
90 Undead Priest
Posted by Bashiok

Yeah I open the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries with anticipation all the time. I'm always wondering what useless pot I'm going to get.
90 Human Warlock
QQ everywhere!
100 Human Warlock
02/12/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Sorrów

Ooh! Thanks Bashi :)

Can you clarify what you mean by "LFR versions of non-boss loot" though? Do you mean ilvl scaled up 5man loot?

He might be referring to LFR versions of the loot that drops from trash in normal and/or heroic raids. Like the trinkets in MSV.
94 Pandaren Warrior
02/12/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Bashiok

Ooh! Thanks Bashi :)

Can you clarify what you mean by "LFR versions of non-boss loot" though? Do you mean ilvl scaled up 5man loot?

Meaning items that drop off "trash". Greens and blues and such.

What about trash drop epics? (Ie the trinkets in MSV)
100 Goblin Shaman
EDIT: Updated by Bashiok. Looks like they are in. Cute!

What do you think?

What would *you* like to see in your failbag? Personally, I'd *love* some lesser charms or valor.

ABOUT TIME.

HALLELUJAH.

What you mentioned is what i believe to be fair for these bags. Anything too much, such as awesome Tmog weapons, would be too much and should be saved for other things.

This makes me happy.
100 Goblin Shaman
02/12/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Antium
QQ everywhere!

WHAT?! i think you mean to say "humans everywhere!"
90 Night Elf Monk
What if Failbags could contain more Failbags?
90 Pandaren Shaman

Tell me there is a chance to get say, the elegon mount out of the bag in lfr and you will make my eternity.
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin

It would be a lot easier if you just use the LFG satchel. I would love to get a few drops of that.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]