Failbag Rewards In 5.2 - Thoughts?

(Locked)

100 Draenei Hunter
02/12/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Itsklutarlol
The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now. :)

I'd just like to see another failbag inside the original failbag, containing another failbag, which has a failbag in it.

Like Failception?
100 Night Elf Druid
02/12/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Shamantra
Bliz don't buff fail bags too much. No need for mounts/pets from those bags. The problem with the 28g it is because it is totally predictable. A lockbox like content is more than ok.

Shut up, thanks. Mounts and pets are just fine - they are vanity and have no effect on the game whatsoever. The fact that I might get one during LFR makes me more excited to queue.
Edited by Nightsbane on 2/13/2013 3:55 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
02/12/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Eylarea
1 hour queue? That must stink. Life of the healer with 5 min queues max :D

Yeah, stop. I don't want anymore healers in this game, okay?
100 Human Priest
I don't get the problem with the bags.

Old days:
Boss dies.
The <Insert Item Here> drops!! You're exited! You roll. The other <Insert your class here> rolls. They win, you lose.

This basically happens.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/comics/?keywords=&view#/comic-2011-07-01

Now:
Boss dies. The exact same laws of probability, etc. happen and you don't get the item.

You gain 28g.

The only difference is that before, when you don't get what you went in for, you got nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Now, when you don't get something, you get 28g.

You get 28g for nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

I can't think of one single reason why anyone would not want gold. Gold can buy you very, very many things in the game (though not the epic loot you wanted from a Raid).

Is 28g really that despicable?

Or is it that there is no visual the big deal? You don't get to see by how much you missed out?
90 Human Warrior
02/13/2013 04:41 AMPosted by Lymmothy
I can't think of one single reason why anyone would not want gold. Gold can buy you very, very many things in the game (though not the epic loot you wanted from a Raid).

This sums up my opinion of them as well. I would prefer a piece of gear, but 28 gold is 28 gold. I'm not going to say no to free gold.
Edited by Taelen on 2/13/2013 4:47 AM PST
100 Pandaren Monk
Just to put things in perspective.

28g 50s is roughly the cost of one reforge. It is an infinitesimal amount of gold that you don't bat an eye giving to the reforge vendor, so its not much of a surprise that people aren't too happy when they see a failbag coming their way.
Edited by Ramayana on 2/13/2013 5:20 AM PST
90 Dwarf Hunter
The only difference is that before, when you don't get what you went in for, you got nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Now, when you don't get something, you get 28g.

You did not get "absolutely nothing". You are forgetting that bosses used to drop gold, which was evenly distributed to each raid member. You got about the same amount as you do now, as I remember it.
I really don't care about the fail bag one way or the other.

What I would like to see though: Instead of rolling and then the system chooses an item from the loot table, just reverse it. Let us see an item (or 2 sometimes), and then allow us to choose to roll or pass. This would especially be good for using our Elder Charms. It would also change the "feel" by actually seeing something drop.

The % chance of winning or losing doesn't have to change. But I think this would really improve the quality of the experience.
86 Worgen Death Knight
I'm very happy to hear about this change.

ANY chance (even a very small one) of getting something extra in the failbag is better than just the gold.
100 Pandaren Monk
What I would like to see though: Instead of rolling and then the system chooses an item from the loot table, just reverse it. Let us see an item (or 2 sometimes), and then allow us to choose to roll or pass. This would especially be good for using our Elder Charms. It would also change the "feel" by actually seeing something drop.

Soo....go back to the Cata LFR system?

The problem with LFR is that Blizzard sees it as the culmination of casual endgame PVE but the playerbase sees it as a way to gear up for normal modes.
90 Night Elf Druid
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Bashiok
The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now. :)

Is it so difficult to just have the bags contain a new currency (think Love Tokens) that can be collected from "failbags" to buy LFR gear after so many kills of nothing? Why is Blizzard's infatuation with RNG so great? I personally find it disgusting. If I want a damn pet, I will go farm it. If I want a Spirit of Harmony, I will go farm it.
100 Tauren Shaman
the other option was UPGRADE! same ilvl item or gold so the new random stuff is probably going to me much appreciated.

Why didn't they do that (what bash said) to begin with? I have to wonder.
100 Tauren Druid
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Bashiok

OH JOY! I dont even care if whats in the bag is worth less than the 28 gold you currently get, just as long as its something different.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd like to see Blood-Soaked Invitation included!
100 Pandaren Monk
s it so difficult to just have the bags contain a new currency (think Love Tokens) that can be collected from "failbags" to buy LFR gear after so many kills of nothing? Why is Blizzard's infatuation with RNG so great? I personally find it disgusting. If I want a damn pet, I will go farm it. If I want a Spirit of Harmony, I will go farm it.

Perhaps we could call them Justice Points and they could drop from 5 mans as well as LFR failbags if you like to do 5 mans more than LFR?
90 Goblin Hunter
Can a failbag contain another failbag? This is a good idea and should make for a better experience.
90 Human Death Knight
Thumbs up for the improved failbag.

I always enjoy getting my Bling-o-tron bag, even though nine times out of ten it is crap. The lottery aspect of it made it "more fun."

The failbag, in contrast, with its completely predictable contents, was joyless.

So yeah, this is great improvement.
90 Night Elf Druid
02/13/2013 07:47 AMPosted by Executíoner
Blizz gives everything but gold... can't win

Incorrect comment. I believe LFR ilvl gear would fall under the category of "everything but gold". It is also the main reason people do LFR. Blizzard believes that lengthening the gearing up process is fun and exciting, it is not, it makes the game worse.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]