Failbag Rewards In 5.2 - Thoughts?

(Locked)

100 Worgen Hunter
02/12/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Bubblykiss
It will be nice not to get a lump of gold each time.
I read that as a lump of coal at first.
99 Blood Elf Warlock
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Bashiok
The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now. :)

Cool, thanks, more stuff. Appreciated, but not what I expected.

Remember customers, if you want something, whine and whine some more. Just don't expect it to be what Blizzard will do.

Now, girding my loins for the incoming whines of:

Bah, got a green intellect dagger again. I'm a warrior Blizz, why not make the failbag drop gear I can use.

Bah, another green proto drake? This is the 3rd time in the last 4 months! WTF Blizz, I just want 1 white chocobo! Thanks for the failbag.

OH no, greay vendor loot...again...when I asked for gear, I meant something that would be a gear upgrade! Failbag again Blizzard.
90 Dwarf Hunter
I'd like to see an epic 30 slot bag called "Failbag". It can be a super rare drop but it would be so cool to see.
100 Human Death Knight
I wonder what kind of mounts we wills see.

Will it be the ones from the LFD bag? Or completely new ones? How about those missing Heavenly Serpents (Golden, Azure, Jade) Wishful thinking!
90 Tauren Druid
I'd like to see Blood-Soaked Invitation included!

They are 1000g. Better items, please.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd like to see Blood-Soaked Invitation included!

Just because I'd like Blood-Soaked Invitation to be included, doesn't mean I'd take other "better" rewards off the table. By your logic, they shouldn't include most of the other items Bashiok mentions: "very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets."

Plus I'd expect the drop chance for most mounts/pets to be between 0.01 and 1% anyway.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I think it would be awesome if they had a .01% chance to drop Reins of the Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent, Reins of the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent, or Reins of the Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent
100 Orc Hunter
Now, girding my loins for the incoming whines of:

Bah, got a green intellect dagger again. I'm a warrior Blizz, why not make the failbag drop gear I can use.

Bah, another green proto drake? This is the 3rd time in the last 4 months! WTF Blizz, I just want 1 white chocobo! Thanks for the failbag.

OH no, greay vendor loot...again...when I asked for gear, I meant something that would be a gear upgrade! Failbag again Blizzard.
this quote will be bookmarked and posted in every QQ post after the change goes live, for a big fat "i told you so!" lmao!
90 Worgen Warrior
Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent

EDIT: and Ghost Iron Lockbox

Yo dawg! We herd you like Ghost Iron Lockbox, so we put a Ghost Iron Lockbox in yo Ghost Iron Lockbox, so you can like it while you like it.
90 Tauren Druid

Just because I'd like Blood-Soaked Invitation to be included, doesn't mean I'd take other "better" rewards off the table. By your logic, they shouldn't include most of the other items Bashiok mentions: "very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets."

Plus I'd expect the drop chance for most mounts/pets to be between 0.01 and 1% anyway.

Just put better items period in the failbags. I agree with a low drop %, though.

Oh, right. Filler items. I guess consumables would work the best.
Edited by Yarrah on 2/13/2013 11:47 AM PST
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/12/2013 09:41 PMPosted by Sidnëy
Arrrr! More plunder! The Bloodsail Buccaneers approve!

A mighty lol was heard in my office. Shh! You'll get me in trouble.

Recipes in the failbags would be nice, even at a small drop rate. There have been virtually none to speak of in our AH and it's been weeks since anyone was hawking them in trade either.

Another drop that would be sweet would be tokens that allow upgrade of any item by 4 ilvls like the current upgrade vendor. Not unbalancing, but nice. Since there are hints of the 5.2 gear having upgrades available again in 5.3, the mechanism must already be in place so this shouldn't be that difficult to implement.
Edited by Merelandra on 2/13/2013 12:00 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/12/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Rentrenus
I think that's also why 28.5 sucks so much. In today's wow economy, getting 28.5 gold is like someone giving you $1 as a tip.

28 gold is not much but it's more than one daily quest. It's more than my repair bill (up to 2 deaths). It's about the price of a stack of cloth/ore/herb on sale (on Trade, late at night, from some guy named fphdiuspkjgb who speaks no English).

Four bosses = 100g x 5 dungeons = 500g. Some people will kill you for 500g.

So don't scoff at the gold boxes - it's better than nuthin and Nuthin is what you usually "won" in a Cata/Wrath/BC/vanilla raid - if loot council decides that you were up for your upgrade or if the damn thing dropped at all. Most raiders back then had to panhandle to get enough gold to pay for repairs. You know that guy begging in Org - he was the main tank!

One more tier piece and I can rest in peace. Nothing for months...and that's the way the RNG crumbles.
100 Blood Elf Priest
I'd like to see an epic 30 slot bag called "Failbag". It can be a super rare drop but it would be so cool to see.

Okay, this I would use. It should be Legen-dary colored and only sit in bank slots (maybe apply 750 valor to upgrade it to 36 slots).

e: oops supposed to edit my last post to add this. Phailpost
Edited by Vixie on 2/13/2013 12:13 PM PST
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/13/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Vixie

Okay, this I would use. It should be Legen-dary colored and only sit in bank slots (maybe apply 750 valor to upgrade it to 36 slots).

e: oops supposed to edit my last post to add this. Phailpost

Oooh. Currency to upgrade bags? Sounds quite plausible/awesome.
90 Draenei Shaman
How about some sort of expendable "golden ticket" that bumps you up the priority list in an LFR/LFD queue? It could be 1-time use or have multiple charges.

If you make them rare enough (and it wouldn't even have to be THAT rare), it would have a negligible impact on wait times for everyone else.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Pets and mounts are incentive enough for me, hopefully they are some of the more difficult ones to obtain.
90 Undead Rogue
How about putting some different sized pets in the bags? Like have a disgusting oozling, only it is a freaking GIGANTIC disgusting oozling pet! And then you can take it into the auction house and it will oooze all over everyone!
90 Tauren Druid
02/13/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Fivetenants
How about putting some different sized pets in the bags? Like have a disgusting oozling, only it is a freaking GIGANTIC disgusting oozling pet! And then you can take it into the auction house and it will oooze all over everyone!

I want a totem pole pet. Make it happen!
85 Blood Elf Mage
I'd be *very* happy to see Valor in there too.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]