Failbag Rewards In 5.2 - Thoughts?

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Hunter
Pets and mounts are what I most want to see.

The pet upgrade stones (rare ones, not uncommon) would be great too, even if they were quite low percentage drops.

02/13/2013 08:37 AMPosted by Layuth
Blizz gives everything but gold... can't win

Incorrect comment. I believe LFR ilvl gear would fall under the category of "everything but gold". It is also the main reason people do LFR. Blizzard believes that lengthening the gearing up process is fun and exciting, it is not, it makes the game worse.

I can't recall them ever saying 'lengthening the gearing process is fun and exciting'. Nor have I ever seen a cogent argument to the effect of 'speeding up the gearing process is fun and exciting' given the amount of complaining we had about lack of content in cata. To say it makes the game worse to take longer to gear is at best subjective and at worst self-delusion.
7 Gnome Rogue
The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now. :)

Ooh! Thanks Bashi :)

Can you clarify what you mean by "LFR versions of non-boss loot" though? Do you mean ilvl scaled up 5man loot?

i would imagine that would be non boss loot that would normal drop in a normal raid but instead of X ilv it would be lower because of LFR.

As in gear that would or could drop from normal raid trash clearing scaled down to LFR ilv.
Edited by Strwberry on 2/13/2013 6:55 PM PST
would like:

everything that is in the call to arm's bag including the storm drake from vortex pinnacle and the stone drake from that one instance.

maybe some of the dinosaur mounts from the warbringer guys (low chance).
7 Gnome Rogue
I think that's also why 28.5 sucks so much. In today's wow economy, getting 28.5 gold is like someone giving you $1 as a tip.

28 gold is not much but it's more than one daily quest. It's more than my repair bill (up to 2 deaths). It's about the price of a stack of cloth/ore/herb on sale (on Trade, late at night, from some guy named fphdiuspkjgb who speaks no English).

Four bosses = 100g x 5 dungeons = 500g. Some people will kill you for 500g.

So don't scoff at the gold boxes - it's better than nuthin and Nuthin is what you usually "won" in a Cata/Wrath/BC/vanilla raid - if loot council decides that you were up for your upgrade or if the damn thing dropped at all. Most raiders back then had to panhandle to get enough gold to pay for repairs. You know that guy begging in Org - he was the main tank!

One more tier piece and I can rest in peace. Nothing for months...and that's the way the RNG crumbles.

I would much rather deal with RNG then DKP any day.

Long as it is not soul bound or there is a check to see if you already have said item. That way you do not have the same issue you do at moment with current LFR loot system but worse since now your deleting items if you were to get the same mount or unusable item.
Edited by Strwberry on 2/13/2013 7:06 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Mage
02/13/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Vixie
So don't scoff at the gold boxes - it's better than nuthin and Nuthin is what you usually "won" in a Cata/Wrath/BC/vanilla raid - if loot council decides that you were up for your upgrade or if the damn thing dropped at all. Most raiders back then had to panhandle to get enough gold to pay for repairs. You know that guy begging in Org - he was the main tank!

No, he wasn't. I don't think I ever saw raiders panhandling for gold...wait what?

Am I feeding a troll? I don't know.

Also - loot council and DKP meant that eventually you would get some loot, unless your loot council were a bunch of jerks.
90 Human Hunter
>> valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts

In practical terms: gold, gold, gold, gold, pets and mounts. Still a failbag. :/

What I'd be happy to see in a failbag is sort of an upgrade stone, but for your gear instead of your pets. I.e., it could add one or two item levels to your pants. That would permanently increase your performance -- in very small increments, but often enough for you to feel that you're actually moving forward.
90 Undead Warlock
How about some sort of expendable "golden ticket" that bumps you up the priority list in an LFR/LFD queue? It could be 1-time use or have multiple charges.

If you make them rare enough (and it wouldn't even have to be THAT rare), it would have a negligible impact on wait times for everyone else.

I've got a golden ticket...I've got a golden twinkle in my eye.
16 Gnome Warlock
Please make sure the Vendor cost of all LFR boss loot is more than the amount of gold that comes standard in the failbag.

The only thing worse than getting a purple that you already have is realizing it vendors for less than 28.50g, meaning you'd actually rather have gotten the failbag. Especially now if there's other stuff in the bag, too, You'll always want the bag rather than a duplicate item.

Since the game doesn't check to see if you have a duplicate item before assigning you a piece of loot in LFR, Can you just have it so everyone gets a failbag, even people who get loot? It would then allow you to change the name from failbag to something more awesome.
90 Pandaren Hunter
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Bashiok
The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now. :)

Sorry but that sound awfully as a new form to fail. Failbag 2.0.
EDIT: Updated by Bashiok. Looks like they are in. Cute!

What do you think?

What would *you* like to see in your failbag? Personally, I'd *love* some lesser charms or valor.

I like the approach. It makes it more like the queue perks that are sometimes available for LFD runs. A chance to win something truly cool like a pet or mount is a great motivator. All for it.
90 Tauren Druid
Failbags will continue to be failbags, I guess.
90 Gnome Warlock
02/14/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Buu

Sorry but that sound awfully as a new form to fail. Failbag 2.0.

Agreed what a dumb idea and solution. LFR is just fail all around currently. Waste of time and energy. The fact that we get a special gem for sha touched weapons, but we'll never get to use them because of crappy RNG is mind boggling. Hey here's a cool item to rot in my bags. Hooray!
90 Draenei Mage
Failbag is always fail, because the loot system itself is a failure already.

I won't miss it if the failbag is scrapped.
90 Draenei Mage
If the fundamentals are wrong, then anything on top of it will be wrong as well. lol
90 Gnome Death Knight
Great change! What I would like to see is have it possibly contain charms too. I have 2 alts that haven't gotten a drop in 3 weeks. One is out of charms the other is down to 3. I am so over doing dailies.
41 Troll Warrior
I'd like to see Valor in my failbags. Would make me feel like my time was well spent a lot more than gold, grey items, or anything else.
90 Pandaren Monk
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Bashiok

Keep your gold, give me gear or give me nothing. Oh wait nothing is pretty much all i see now.

The loot system is broken and mentally handicapped.
90 Human Warrior
we should get a failbag within a failbag, failception!
90 Blood Elf Warlock
This still sounds like a failbag to me. Some extra VP or even JP would be better. Or a rep token of some sort. There are tons of cool freebies that could be put in there that would be better than gold or green trash.
1 Orc Warrior
That's all that was needed. Just make me interested to see what I got from killing the boss again. That way I can go from "oooh I hope i get an epic" to "ooooh I hope I get some kind of pet or mount" To "ooooh I got a gnarled comb worth 28.5g"
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]