How does Garalon compare to the rest of HoF?

67 Orc Warlock
How does Garalon compare to the rest of HoF? Like the bosses after him. Just wondering.
Reply Quote
67 Orc Warlock
I'm speaking in terms of 25mans...got Garalon to 3% today...sad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Wind Lord is the easiest boss of the tier, so there is that to look forward to. Shek'zeer and Amber Shaper are both more difficult. Is there something more specific you are looking for?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Garalon's a tough DPS check. That is pretty sad at 3% though, one more leg and it would've been GG.

Wind Lord isn't bad if your tanks can handle the initial beating and people stay out of Wind Bombs. I wouldn't say he's the easiest boss of the tier, considering it's widely accepted pretty much all of Terrace is easier than HoF.

Ambershaper isn't bad if your raiders know how to press their 1 2 3 keys at the right time, but sadly this turns out to be harder than you'd think. Empress is tough and requires pretty good coordination.

But the brightside is, if you can get Garalon down in 25m, I'm confident you should be able to clear the rest of HoF with the group.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Garalon is a hump, that when you get by, the rest feels easier.

Wind Lord is very easy in 25 man, Ambershaper is just a random retard check, and Empress is pretty cake if you can coordinate healing cds for the explosions in p1, and tank cooldowns in p2.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
02/13/2013 12:12 AMPosted by Zakigga
I wouldn't say he's the easiest boss of the tier, considering it's widely accepted pretty much all of Terrace is easier than HoF.

For Heroic he sure is, but maybe not so much for normal. Dunno, really.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
He is the last real dps check before Sha and even Sha the main dps issue is you just can't carry an offspec healer in a dps slot.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
02/12/2013 11:54 PMPosted by Dictainabox
Wind Lord is the easiest boss of the tier, so there is that to look forward to.

We wipe more on Wind Lord than the previous 3 combined , one person can screw it up by standing in the Wind Bombs (which are very difficult to see). The other bosses, a few people can die and everyone else trucks on and kills it. (25N)
Edited by Autumni on 2/13/2013 4:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Garalon is a hump, that when you get by, the rest feels easier.

Wind Lord is very easy in 25 man, Ambershaper is just a random retard check, and Empress is pretty cake if you can coordinate healing cds for the explosions in p1, and tank cooldowns in p2.

Expanding on this a bit, Wind Lord has a lot more room for error in 25 than 10 and in my experience of doing both, that blade storm seems to be easier to deal with on 25. Not a hard boss but you'll probably have a few wipes to wind bombs (especially on 25, just a 15 more player chance of it happening) at the start and may have a wipe or 2 to enrage while people remember their aoe rotations.

Ambershaper is wipe till everyone learns the construct (takes like 1 transformation for players not used to unusual duties so not long) then he dies real fast.

Empress is learning raid CDs for resonance fields and add control in P2. Fortunately in 25m you can take some of the burden off the tanks and have plate dps off tank a single windblade. Final phase you'll one shot with everyone up. Transition to the final phase can be very painful on 25 with the resonance field + that attack which halves your HP.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Ambershaper isn't bad if your raiders know how to press their 1 2 3 keys at the right time

They don't.

02/13/2013 05:46 AMPosted by Chïrpa
Ambershaper is wipe till everyone learns the construct (takes like 1 transformation for players not used to unusual duties so not long)

If only. If only.

/crymyselftosleepwithatubofrockyroadicecream
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
HoF is a mechanic minded dungeon. You need to be smart and strategize your moves in order for you to be successful.

Windlord: CC targets and if your AoE is good then you will have no problems with the fight

Ambershaper: if you can time your vehicles to be downed correctly you win

Grand Empress: heal your !@# off. It is a very healer intensive fight (especially when adds come out). As well one of the big problems is controlling the explosion of the dissonance fields.

I mean its not like Sinestra... but its not DS. Its in the middle, not too bad. Once you actually do it and get one or two kills on the boss it becomes really easy.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Ambershaper isn't bad if your raiders know how to press their 1 2 3 keys at the right time, but sadly this turns out to be harder than you'd think.

You can practice your regular rotation, but you can't practice being an amber monstrosity except during the fight (and even then, only on runs that you actually become one). Just like you can't practice dodging Blade Lord's tornadoes except during that one phase of that one fight.

Sometimes I think Blizzard doesn't think enough about that when designing the really off-the-wall mechanics. Knowing how to play your character isn't going to help when you aren't your character anymore, or you're doing something completely different from normal gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/13/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Calonderiel
Just like you can't practice dodging Blade Lord's tornadoes except during that one phase of that one fight.

This isn't exactly true, though the place you can try practicing isn't incredibly obvious: the boulder roller in Zul'gurub on the way up to Mandokir.

That's right, the mechanic was done in a heroic dungeon on a trash pull, which didn't seem as problematic because you were mounted. Do it on foot to practice.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Sometimes I think Blizzard doesn't think enough about that when designing the really off-the-wall mechanics. Knowing how to play your character isn't going to help when you aren't your character anymore, or you're doing something completely different from normal gameplay.
Gotta agree with this. As daily-happy as they've been this expansion, there's really no excuse for omitting a quest where you run around with similar controls as Amber-Shaper.

Ulduar let you drive around the starting area and practice on non-dangerous trash. Malygos had a daily quest with the same vehicle. TOC5 had the jousting training and dailies.
Teron Gorefiend did NOT have a practice mode, and from what I hear it was so bad there were external practice apps developed so players could figure out wtf to do.
Edited by Breathkeeper on 2/13/2013 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
02/13/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Breathkeeper
there's really no excuse for omitting a quest where you run around with similar controls as Amber-Shaper.

I think the only time i can remember them specifically doing this was the daily that let you practice the drake for malygos no one even knew about it until i bugged them to run it.

02/13/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Breathkeeper
Teron Gorefiend did NOT have a practice mode, and from what I hear it was so bad there were external practice apps developed so players could figure out wtf to do.

http://www.variuse.de/feroxtgs2/

It wasn't that bad :P my raid one shot it the first time we got there.

Theoretically if you want to practice interrupting in a vehicle on a fast cast you can do it on your farm every day.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
How we finally got amber shaper was told our raiders to ignore interrupting the boss and just worry about yourself. Even ignore stacking the debuff in P2 if necessary to watch your interupt. It finally worked. Ya that won't work on heroic but works on normal.

One annoying part about amber shaper in 25 is it takes a loooooooong time for everyone to get transformed once.
Edited by Chïrpa on 2/13/2013 8:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Still, Garalon is a raid breaker THAT why we wiped a lots on him >_<
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Garalon has a fairly tough enrage timer, that's the main difficulty associated with it. Similar to Elegon.

Mechanics-wise, Amber shaper is the most difficult fight, if only because you can wipe 30 times before you even get a chance to practice the mechanics.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
02/13/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Chïrpa
How we finally got amber shaper was told our raiders to ignore interrupting the boss and just worry about yourself. Even ignore stacking the debuff in P2 if necessary to watch your interupt. It finally worked. Ya that won't work on heroic but works on normal.

Ya, only ~3 explosions on a first kill, not too bad to roll cooldowns on all of them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
i found amber shaper to be a bigger pain in the !@# than garalon. garalon you have a set strat and stick to it and kill the boss. with amber shaper, you have to control that damned robot and then deal with specific timers that can be off and %#*%%**# you in so many ways.

but like i always say, once its dead its dead, just have to fight tooth and nail for that first kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]