All of us RP players WERE united.((OOC))

90 Night Elf Mage
Since blizzard wasn't giving us a strict RP realm, I remember we all agreed to move to one server to combine our community as a whole, That server was Moonguard but now we as Roleplay players are seperating again we have WRA, ED and Earthsong.... We need to all come back together to keep the WoW RP community strong.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
We're forced to interact with those servers. CRZ never lets me escape those servers.

I hate them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
We're forced to interact with those servers. CRZ never lets me escape those servers.

I hate them.

There shouldn't be servers in the first place. And the notion that one server's RP community over another's is really that different is mostly one of confirmation bias, and hardly so bad that you would need to segregate yourself from it's entire population.

CRZ is a GOOD thing for RP. I can actually go to Darnassus now and find 5-10 people RPing in the Temple of the Moon or the Bank, which is freaking amazing.

This idea of "my server" and CRZ being "outsiders" who are trespassing has to go. We should be embracing this for it's encouragement to random atmosphere world RP.

We really need a universal RP CRZ server forum with established RP hot zones at the city gates and other easily accessed places.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/13/2013 02:46 AMPosted by Elrith
We really need a universal RP CRZ server forum with established RP hot zones at the city gates and other easily accessed places.

And addons like MRP working with CRZ for the love of god.

@op & co

I have no intention of migrating 15 toons to some RP promised land. And I highly doubt anyone would be willing to front that kind of money to move a stranger to create a RP utopia. Especially not on a server with a reputation for being a cesspool.

I considered going to wra when I was asked to during free transfers but I had three six tab guild banks. I decided against it for a number of reasons. Yes, Trenk, I'm on one of those servers.

A server where all anyone ever does is RP would not be something I'd enjoy because I'm a horrible elitist and I feel compulsory participation would release the full blown elitist beast, easily making me one of the most hated and meanest RPers on said theoretical server.

I deal with things that annoy my extremely rigid sensibilities in a few ways:
-Minor things I tolerate, even if they are on the fringe of lore, if the player has a good head on their shoulders and their concept is remotely plausible and executed well.
-Major things I either see myself out on or I completely ream the offender.

If I didn't have the freedom to go do other things, like raid or run dungeons, there would be a whole lot of extra anuses in Azeroth.

In order for a server to be as serious as balls (and I'm not talking about drama, because one can be a serious rper playing comic relief), everyone, every single person would have to opt into the same, very rigid rules on things like character creation and what fair rules and practices are.

Running and enforcing that type of environment is tough. It would take far too much for blizzard to do it, which makes enforcement up to the players. Imagine a council of peers telling you what you can and cannot do, imagine the RP police. And who decides who is qualified to judge? Who is the authoriteh?

It works on a small mu*, or maybe in a very exclusive guild, but it would not work on wow on a server wide scale.

On AD I come and go as I please, RP when I please with who I please. I roll pretty laid back and have a lot of fun with people who might otherwise offend my sensibilities. But some of them are actually really good RP and folks have run some pretty groovy plots (Just ask Ag, he'll tell you, and by plots I mean doing something other than drinking in ye olde tavern(though bar brawls are always fun)). Some of them I want to hit with a clue-by-four but they aren't bugging anyone so I let them be and if for some reason they want my opinion they can always ask for a critique.

I enjoyed when a group of RPers got together OOCly, did a late night ulduar and a majority of them spent 10+ minutes giggling and trying to see who stayed alive the longest after someone facepulled yogg then got lifegripped.

It would be nice if all the WE ONLY RP ON RP SERVERS servers were bunched together through CRZ and the "We PVE/PVP AND RP if we feel like it" servers were bunched together.

It might also be advisable for each server's population to consider what they have to offer. What niche and attitude does each server have? If we better expressed what each server has to offer, we might find we have more RPers playing overall because it would be easier to find the right fit for the right person.

But my opinion or years as a st don't matter, I'm on one of those other servers.
Edited by Zandrae on 2/13/2013 3:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

I hate them.

Ravenholdt. No CRZ. Just sayin'.
Reply Quote
29 Draenei Shaman
Leave the game if you don't like CRZ.

I would have my say but Zandrae has already said it for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
/bow
Reply Quote
51 Night Elf Hunter
Emerald Dream.

Do et.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
This thread needs more... Wyrmrest Accord.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
The Venture Co. (RP/PVP)

We have all tauren in our all-tauren guild. And have for 6 years.

Great laid back community (on both sides) that is in the process of growing itself back to former glories.

Come be a part!
Reply Quote
36 Undead Priest
02/13/2013 03:38 AMPosted by Zandrae
And addons like MRP working with CRZ for the love of god.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
If I could find a way to re-implement myself into the RP community after my year-long absence I would totes be all-for uniting. I feel that, personally, Wyrmrest Accord has gone too far into using cliques and personal groups, even with their own RP guilds they segregate themselves from others, to be considered an RP community.

I miss the days of walking down the street and suddenly being jumped with the decision of joining this side or that side in an inter-guild IC war.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
(Another Post)

After sifting through the forums all night and seeing so many posts about the perpetual degredation of RP...

I have decided to make a forum post about developing a new RP community! We need more people helping to stimulate RP and PROVIDE A FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT to RP in. So come, join me in putting together an IC organization and OOC community of RPers who want to see RP grow!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]