Remove healing tide.

90 Troll Shaman
Replace with some other type of ability, and make these changes to conductivity!

40 yard range healing rain
lightning bolt heals allies for 200% of the initial damage done instead of 50%. (resto only perhaps to avoid ele being an op 0.5 healer).

Would be so much fun!

Seriously though... would be nice to remove healing tide (maybe give resto a nerfed baseline version) so that we can take a buffed conductivity, so much more fun.
Edited by Kreyyn on 2/13/2013 5:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/13/2013 05:10 AMPosted by Kreyyn
remove healing tide

No.

nerfed baseline version

No.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That would require re balancing the class from the ground up. Right now HTT makes up 15% of healing or so. Granted being balanced around a 3 minute cd isn't that great but would hate to see them try to figure out how to rebalance the class mid expac. Would assume that it would go pretty poorly. And besides 40 yard healing rain would be stupid op.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I do think that resto needs a separate coefficient for Lighting bolt - Conductivity since elemental has shamanism(50% more damage)(-0.5 sec cast), mastery (~35% more damage), clearcasting (10% damage)(+50% critical bonus)(Flametongue 7% dmg)...
which means that elemental does about... 200% more damage per second while casting lightning bolt.

Conductivity for resto is backwards design. Here is a talent, that requires you to dump tons of mana to drop an AoE heal on stacked players, causes an AoE heal on that stack, then only benefits from you spending more mana to single target heal players (when Chain Heal is slightly more efficient on a stacked group of people).

There is merit to wanting LB coefficient(resto only) for Conductivity to be buff so you'd have another choice of talents though. Right now the talent is unusable for resto because you can't maintain Healing Rain and dump enough huge single target heals with the current or 5.2 gear to make conductivity worthwhile via heals.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You have to admit that there are significant problems for a class if they are required to take a talent that is easily one of their top heals for healing done in an encounter. On top of that this talent requires no thought or decision from the caster.

I wouldn't remove the talent completely, but I'd bring it down to a more appropriate level and make it potent for all 3 specs. In turn Shaman would need to be buffed in other places to compensate. Honestly I don't even know how that even went Live.

Currently most Shaman throughput is done through fire and forget healing spells. Healing Rain, HTT, and HST make up the vast majority of Shaman healing in 25's. There's really not much decision making going on. And it's a shame because Shaman probably have the most dynamic toolkit of any healer.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Bad timing on Healing Rain (such that you are recasting DURING heavy damage) or HTT/Asc (such that it is overheal)... really does lead to bad healing.

HST's-recall glyph really doubles (or triples since you have to look at all totem timers) the amount of thought required to perfect the use of HST. That and you can teleport it to parts of the room you can't reach with is awesome fun.

Shaman's have a "weak filler" issue. Mainly, we don't have an AoE filler spell. Chain Heal is balanced in it's HPS/HPM as a single target healing spell. HR+1/3LoD... that's AoE. PoH... that's AoE. Chain Heal as an AoE filler is like a MLB player who didn't take steroids, he just doesn't hit as hard as everyone else, though really nobody should be hitting that hard.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/13/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Kaels
remove healing tide

No.

nerfed baseline version

No.

For once, I agree with Kaels here.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Seriously though... would be nice to remove healing tide (maybe give resto a nerfed baseline version) so that we can take a buffed conductivity, so much more fun.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Also, stahp.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Honestly I never understood the range limitation of Chain Heal. It already has a penalty with a healing diminishing return depending on how many targets it heals. I don't think increasing the range between jumps would make the spell OP in the slightest.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/13/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Juvenate
You have to admit that there are significant problems for a class if they are required to take a talent that is easily one of their top heals for healing done in an encounter.

No, actually, we don't have to admit that. I can't tell you how many times in the past I have looked at recount and seen Divine Hymn or Tranq as a number 2 heal.

Edit: I certainly agree with you, however, that chain heal should be baseline 40 yards. And the glyph to make it so, but impose a cooldown is pure torture. I hadn't realized how often I end up hitting a couple of chain heals right in a row.
Edited by Taymatt on 2/13/2013 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/13/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Taymatt
You have to admit that there are significant problems for a class if they are required to take a talent that is easily one of their top heals for healing done in an encounter.

No, actually, we don't have to admit that. I can't tell you how many times in the past I have looked at recount and seen Divine Hymn or Tranq as a number 2 heal.

Edit: I certainly agree with you, however, that chain heal should be baseline 40 yards.

If DH or Tranq are in your top heals as a Priest or Druid then (not to be rude, just brutally honest) you are doing it wrong.

There's no way your main healing spells should be doing less healing than the 1.5 million healing that Tranq provides every 3 minutes. If this is the case then you are just sitting around doing nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Replace with some other type of ability, and make these changes to conductivity!

40 yard range healing rain
lightning bolt heals allies for 200% of the initial damage done instead of 50%. (resto only perhaps to avoid ele being an op 0.5 healer).

Would be so much fun!

No. No. NO NO NO. NO.

I need Healing Tide for my raid. You can pry it from my cold, dead fingers. >:(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Please only post if you have a clue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/13/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Kreyyn
Please only post if you have a clue.

If you're the arbiter of who "has a clue," I somehow don't think this is going to work, dear. :-P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/13/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Juvenate
If DH or Tranq are in your top heals as a Priest or Druid then (not to be rude, just brutally honest) you are doing it wrong.

No, not really. It depended on the fight and damage pattern. I also did say *in the past*. I realize that is something you do not see as much now.

I brought this up because I'm not sure I agree seeing HTT in the top two or three heals is evidence that "there are significant problems" for Shaman, anymore than seeing Divine Hymn second or third on a holy priest recount for fights like Heroic Zon'ozz was an indication there were "significant problems" with priests.
Edited by Taymatt on 2/13/2013 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
All I'm saying is being balanced around a required talent that's on a 3-min cooldown isn't really fun. I don't think that's a very good design for any healer.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
If healing tide is in your top 2-3 you are not using riptide on cd or healing rain effectively (as well as low uptime on healing stream). In essence, if healing tide is that high on your healing done you're slacking.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/13/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Juvenate
All I'm saying is being balanced around a required talent that's on a 3-min cooldown isn't really fun. I don't think that's a very good design for any healer.

Totally agree, re: design.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/13/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Kreyyn
If healing tide is in your top 2-3 you are not using riptide on cd or healing rain effectively (as well as low uptime on healing stream). In essence, if healing tide is that high on your healing done you're slacking.
Says the pandaren shaman with ancestral swiftness to the troll resto shaman with elemental mastery that has int pots on his bar.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/13/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Juvenate

Cooldowns are now the centerpiece of WoW raiding. The design remodel would be far grander than a talent tree or class dynamics.

02/13/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Kreyyn

HTT was my #1 heal on Vizier last week. Sometimes it's high, sometimes it's low--really just depends if I use it twice or only once, and technically you should force it to be at least twice given the magnitude of its output.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]