Do people REALLY enjoy doing faction dailies?

90 Human Priest
Since the MoP was released, Blizzard has made the decision for players on HOW to play the game. My biggest problem with the game is the fact that in order to get some decent 'welfare' gear from valor, you have to do ALOT of daily quests. Personally, I don't enjoy dailies, and shame on whoever cried to Blizzard and said 'we have nothing to do, lets require dailies to gain faction reputations!".

So why are the people who don't do dailies being PUNISHED by this minority of people who complained about it? I understand there is going to be the chance to gain some rep via the first LFG and scenario finder. This is a step forward, but the initial screen shots and articles I've read so far, this option isn't that much of a help.

Again, personally, I didn't mind the faction tabards. People are constantly running dungeons for valor, so why not go ahead and give me the rep?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Not any different than other expansions. Since dailies were introduced, they've been a great source of easy money.

TBC: Dailies are primarily gold generators. Faction gear rewards are limited; overall, raid-level gear is only available within raids. Only "required" faction is Aldor/Scryer for the appropriate shoulder enchants.
Wrath: The birth of faction-tied head enchants. You are now "required" to grind rep with the faction that offers your Arcanum. In addition, you need to grind Sons of Hodir for your shoulders. Faction gear is about on level with TBC.
Cata: Basically the same situation, though faction gear is better. But you're still grinding with a particualar faction for a head enchant, and doing Therazane for your shoulder.

With that background, it's very easy to say that MoP faction rep is less important. No more head enchants. Shoulder enchants are crafted. So we've gone from a system where even if all the gear you're getting comes 100% from raid content, you still need faction rep. That's no longer the case. If you're obtaining gear from non-faction sources, you no longer need faction rep in any way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So rather than require ONE faction rep for an enchant, we should just have to do hundreds of dailies for gear? We still had tabards for every other rep in previous expansions. Tabards are nonexistent as of yet. Some players honestly do not like questing. Questing ends for me when I hit max level. In previous Xpacs, 1 faction rep wasn't too bad.... so on that not can we please list how many total reps there are now? Its kind of ridiculous.

Give players a choice on how they want to play the game, not force dailies down our throats.
I enjoy running dungeons and raids, not doing dailies. I know lots of players that will agree with me. Bring faction tabards back.
Edited by Esylana on 2/13/2013 9:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ok I just hit 90 on the weekend and came to say how much this new system stinks.
I just did quests for 90 LEVELS. Now I have do more quests, everyday so i can get into LFR.... Hitting max level is supposed to be the end of questing, the end of running around doing errands for NPC's and the start of taking on real challenges. Im doing my daily heroic and scenario and then logging on to an alt and at this rate its going to be quite a while before I can get the ilevel for LFR.

So far the only thing thats challenged me at 90 is staying awake.

When they have gone to such great lengths to make the game more accessible and remove all the timesinks, I don't understand how this model made it into the game. I would really really like the tabards back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/13/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Esylana
Since the MoP was released, Blizzard has made the decision for players on HOW to play the game.
No, they haven't. They have given us a larger number of options for how to play than at any time in the game's history.

For one thing, why do you need Valor gear if you aren't running Valor content, such as raids?

02/13/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Esylana
So why are the people who don't do dailies being PUNISHED
You aren't being "punished". Look up the word. You are using it in a manner that indicates you don't know what punishment means.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/13/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Stormpalm
Hitting max level is supposed to be the end of questing
Since when?

As for getting into LFR, just run some heroics and scenarios. That gets you all the gear you need for LFR. You can kill Sha of Anger a few times for some free purples, and get some crafted BoE purple gear.

Of course, if you want to do it faster, then doing the reputation grind helps speed things along.
Edited by Doroteasenjk on 2/13/2013 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Since the MoP was released, Blizzard has made the decision for players on HOW to play the game.
No, they haven't. They have given us a larger number of options for how to play than at any time in the game's history.

For one thing, why do you need Valor gear if you aren't running Valor content, such as raids?

So why are the people who don't do dailies being PUNISHED
You aren't being "punished". Look up the word. You are using it in a manner that indicates you don't know what punishment means.

from an online dictionary:

"pun·ish: To inflict a penalty for (an offense)."

MORE dailies from my point of view is punishment in my eyes.
IF you ENJOY doing dailies then is obviously isn't punishment.

If you enjoy doing dailies, then keep the dailies and set a max amount of rep that can be earned for a faction and bring back tabards.

I don't understand what you people like about questing.

I don't need valor gear now, but I will when 5.2 is released,thats not what this is about. Blizzard is also releasing brand new rep gear appropriately rated for the new raid. Check it out on the PTR or Wowhead.
Edited by Esylana on 2/13/2013 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/13/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Doroteasenjk
Since when?

As for getting into LFR, just run some heroics and scenarios. That gets you all the gear you need for LFR. You can kill Sha of Anger a few times for some free purples, and get some crafted BoE purple gear.

Of course, if you want to do it faster, then doing the reputation grind helps speed things along.

I get it, but the armor and mount rewards are nice, and I was happy building rep by wearing a tabard and grinding heroics like in cata and wish I still had that option.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/13/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Stormpalm

Really?

Oh yeah ... it also used to be that hitting max level meant having nothing to do unless you were in a raiding guild (or enjoyed PvP).

Vanilla: Yay! You've hit level 60. You now having nothing to do other than battlegrounds and raids.

TBC: Great! You've hit level 70. In addition to the choices above, you can now do dailies for vanity items, such as the infamous Netherwing Drake. You can also do heroics, but first, lets get you Revered with a faction so you can buy a key. How do you get Revered, you may ask? Well, some factions will have repeatable quests or item turn ins, but mostly, you'll be doing the same 3 dungeons over and over.

Wrath: Easy faction rep for EVERYONE! Here, put on this tabard and go do a dungeon. What's your reward for grinding rep, you might ask? Well, you absolutely have to get exalted with at least one faction (TWO if you're dual-spec with different stat needs) so you can make your helmet better. Besides that, we have some pretty sub-par items available, or once you're exalted, some heroic-level gear ... of course, by the time you're exalted, you'll no longer need to buy our gear, unless the RNG gods hate you. Oh, and don't forget to do your Sons of Hodir dailies -- they don't have a tabard, but no one will take you seriously unless you're exalted with them.

Cata: Easy faction rep for EVERYONE! Let's change your tabard. Everything is exactly the same as you remember in Wrath, but the names have changed. Yes, you still have to grind rep for your head and shoulder enchants. And we still offer starter gear, and once your exalted, heroic level gear.

So what's different in MoP? For starters, the gear blocked by faction rep is raid quality. Not just 5-man heroic, but on par with what raiders can get. If you raid, this will hold you over until you get your raid drops, but you don't need to get exalted with anyone. That's right! If you're raiding and getting gear, there is zero benefit to grinding faction rep! No more doing favors for the Dragonmaw Clan just because they happen to have your head enchant. No pleasing an overweight stone woman so she'll make your shoulders imbued with magical energy.

I'll take the MoP model any day. Better gear, and no faction that I'm forced into just to get an item enhancement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
*looks at thread date*

What the...

OP, are you playing in a vacuum? Have you read General Forum or anything else the past 5 months? The Blues have repeatedly said things about dailies or is your CAPITALIZATION making you deaf to everything but your own obnoxiously wrong ideas? You don't NEED to do any faction dailies - if you're a raider. If you're not, you don't NEED any of the faction gear.

Yes, a lot of people REALLY do/did enjoy doing factions dailies. Lots of gold, gear drops, vendor money, recipes (JC) for very little time spent as you gear up or to have things to do while waiting on queues. Dailies are better queue-sitters than fishing or digging up Archy stuff.

I personally did them all to Exalted because I can - and now don't do any unless it involves an achievement. The gear purchases were just nice bonuses. Now my alts are doing some and getting super-inflated rep and Revered for recipes in a day or two.

Soooo not a big deal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I have zero sympathy for people who complain about dailies..I casually play every day or so and am Exalted with every MOP faction there is.....people are just lazy and want instant gratification...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well I am okay with them but I feel there are too many...if you are doing like 5-6 factions a day it takes like your entire play time after work which is boring.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I did them in really relatively a short amount of time...it only took maybe 20 minutes a day if that...Klaxxi took the longest just because there are more quests..but really no more than 45 min if that...ill never buy the argument that dailies take too long..i mean..what the hell else are people doing..if your queued for a dungeon..you have to wait ..or a raid..you have to wait..just do them between the queue..i still believe most people hate them because their too lazy to do them...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I don't , I do them but i really gain no enjoyment from them.

And something for Blizzard, if i'm doing something I don't enjoy you should realize that eventually I'll not enjoy it enough to try other games and to no longer be your customer.
Edited by Hogath on 2/26/2013 4:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You don't NEED to do any faction dailies - if you're a raider. If you're not, you don't NEED any of the faction gear.

This is my favorite bit about Valor gear.

Truth Number 1: You don't need VP gear if you're a raider.
Yup, you don't. Gear drops from raiding are equal to, or greater than VP gear, as VP gear is a filler for those slots that you just can't get to drop.

Truth Number 2: You don't need VP gear if you're not going to raid.
Absolutely true. That ilevel 496 gear isn't doing much for you if your game time revolves around heading to Halfhill and doing some pet battles.

So how did we get to this feeling that if you don't get VP gear, you're doing something wrong? It's the "Epics for Everyone" movement. When fewer people were getting epics, there wasn't the same social pressure to get epics. At level 60, unless you were raiding or grinding BGs like a crazy person, your gear was a mix-and-match green/blue set. Maybe a purple if you got lucky on a world drop or had the gold for something on the AH. And that was OK. But now there's a social expectation that if you're level capped, you have, at the very least, full blue gear. If you've been level capped for two weeks, you'd better have purples. In response, even people for whom those additional 80 stat points on their wrists mean nothing because the toughest mob they're going to take on is a bird that wants to steal your squash are collecting VP because they "need" purples.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't especially like them, but they have been a great source of gold.

I skipped them during BC because the benefits were mostly cosmetic. I did Hodir dailies during LK to rep up for my shoulder enchant, but the other factions were taken care of via tabards.

Much the same for Cata, though I did at least check on the Therazane dailies every day because I wanted Pebble. Everything else was handled with tabards.

My biggest gripe currently is with Shado-Pan and August Celestials being gated behind Golden Lotus, particularly with certain trade skill recipes coming from reputation. Some professions will have to go a lot further into it than others for their recipes. I got my leatherworking recipes at Honored with Golden Lotus, but if I level my enchanter I'll have to get through GL and AC. Which basically means I have to get to revered with AC on this character or miss out on double rep gains.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My biggest gripe currently is with Shado-Pan and August Celestials being gated behind Golden Lotus, particularly with certain trade skill recipes coming from reputation. Some professions will have to go a lot further into it than others for their recipes. I got my leatherworking recipes at Honored with Golden Lotus, but if I level my enchanter I'll have to get through GL and AC. Which basically means I have to get to revered with AC on this character or miss out on double rep gains.

My JC - a lousy undergeared warlock, got Cloud Serpent recipes in 2 days for my kitty mount and had no real reason to do Lotus dailies. Then read that the cub pet recipe drops off the reward chests so tried some on her yesterday. She immediately got another prismatic recipe drop and actually never died (yay tougher blueberry tank) and got to Friendly. In one day.

So no bellyaching about doing faction rep grinds for alts - it's Extra Stupid Easy now, even for the lolalts wearing vendor bought gear + whatever BoA/BoE the main found on dead things on the ground.

Only time is needed - and that's the name of the mmo game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/26/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo
You don't NEED to do any faction dailies - if you're a raider. If you're not, you don't NEED any of the faction gear.

This is my favorite bit about Valor gear.

*snip*
Truth Number 2: You don't need VP gear if you're not going to raid.
Absolutely true. That ilevel 496 gear isn't doing much for you if your game time revolves around heading to Halfhill and doing some pet battles.

So how did we get to this feeling that if you don't get VP gear, you're doing something wrong? It's the "Epics for Everyone" movement. When fewer people were getting epics, there wasn't the same social pressure to get epics. At level 60, unless you were raiding or grinding BGs like a crazy person, your gear was a mix-and-match green/blue set. Maybe a purple if you got lucky on a world drop or had the gold for something on the AH. And that was OK. But now there's a social expectation that if you're level capped, you have, at the very least, full blue gear. If you've been level capped for two weeks, you'd better have purples. In response, even people for whom those additional 80 stat points on their wrists mean nothing because the toughest mob they're going to take on is a bird that wants to steal your squash are collecting VP because they "need" purples.

Well, you also want to have your gear be as good as possible so you're not roundly abused and votekicked for your crappy gear/DPS in LFD/LFR. Valor is very very good for that. My main is 488 and does very little actual raiding, but the quality of life for doing LFR and dailies, etc. is so much higher with good gear. Do you NEED it? Probably not, but it's absolutely a helluva lot better in just about every respect than having blues. The difference in what you can do outside of raids between being 460 and 476 is enormous. Anyone who's playing the game and not trying to purple it up is just a masochist.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's not punishment. I enjoyed doing the Shieldwall quest chain/dailies and the Golden Lotus. Didn't bother with the bug people, tillers, Shado Pan. Cloud Serp was easy got exalted within and hour I believe it was. Pick which faction you like the most and do their quests.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
When you work and can't play 10 hours every day it's hard to do the dailies. So me to I would like blizzard to put rep tabards back. (Sorry for my English)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]