BG: The Battle for Hillsbrad

90 Dwarf Hunter
I posted this in the General Forums, but i meant it to go in here... ( senility catching up)
-----------------------------------------

Blizz, please make us a BG where there are no flags to capture, no bases to hold, no walls to knock down and no siege engines to ruin the fun..

You already have the perfect instance, just convert "Old Hillsbrad" to a BG, " The Battle for Hillsbrad"

All we want to do is kill the opposition in BG's anyway, so make it a timed event, like 20 minutes, the side with the most kills at the end of 20 mins, is the winner.

We wouldn't have to worry about players not "defending the flags", or "farming kills in mid field", as the idea of the BG would be simply to kill the opposition, without no flag, siege engine, walls, mine carts etc etc..

It would bring back the fun we had in Vanilla WoW, where we quite often ground the servers to a standstill with the epic battles we used to have at TM & SS.

That, in my opinion, is the way BG's should be..
Cheers,
Boradim.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Agreed!
Reply Quote
yes

just make sure you don't screw up and put tenacity balls in it

no one likes tenacity balls
Reply Quote
This would go better with a CoT:Battle for Blackrock BG, the wc2 battle.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I'm not sure that today's players would understand. They would probably think it's too boring.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Temple of Kotmogu is probably as close to that as you're going to get.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/12/2013 02:00 AMPosted by Norjak
I'm not sure that today's players would understand. They would probably think it's too boring.

Are you kidding me? This is the kind of BG a lot of players only understand. You see them ignoring objectives constantly while just focusing ally/horde.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Old Hillsbrad would be perfect. I really really miss the Southshore vs. Tarren Mill fights pre-cata. That's some of the funner aspects of World PvP that ever existed.

I agree a straight Team Deathmatch BG would be awesome, but 20 minutes may be too long for that sort of BG. I think 10 minutes would be a good length, maybe 15.
Reply Quote
sign me up, if it was possible my hunter would have the titles LORD OF HILLSBRAD, DEFENDER OF SOUTHSHORE SLAYER OF HORDE. AHHHHHHHHh /fond sigh.. level 60
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
02/11/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Pozy
no one likes tenacity balls

I'm going to have to agree with this on principle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Sorry bro, this makes too much sense to ever happen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]