Prospecting macro help

90 Night Elf Druid
So right now the macro is

#show Ghost Iron Ore
/cast Prospecting
/use Ghost Iron Ore

i have on on my main bar so i can just spam it, but when i hit it it says "requires ghost iron ore" like in red letters in the middle of my screen. why wont it work.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
get the addon's wow lazy macro's * macro bank it has marcos for professions + every class/ spec

or use what I do on my JC: Use Prospecting Icon from spellbook as Icon on action bar
/cast Prospecting
/use Ghost Iron Ore
/use Iron Ore
/use Saronite Ore
and so forth you can add as many ore's as you like upto the charater limit of 250
Edited by Rocmon on 2/13/2013 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I use a similar (that is, exactly the same) macro for my JC. The key is that the macro finds the first Ghost Iron stack in your bags and attempts to prospect from it. If that stack has less than five Ghost Iron Ore in it, the prospect will fail and you will get an error message. The macro isn't smart enough by itself to seek out a fuller stack.

Fortunately, there is a simple work-around. Take your incomplete stack of Ghost Iron Ore and place it in the last slot (bottom-right) of your last bag (leftmost on your bag list). This way the macro will always find a stack with a multiple of five ore (5, 10, 15, or 20) when it goes looking, and you can sit back and hit that button to prospect to your heart's content.
Edited by Tendays on 2/13/2013 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I use a similar (that is, exactly the same) macro for my JC. The key is that the macro finds the first Ghost Iron stack in your bags and attempts to prospect from it. If that stack has less than five Ghost Iron Ore in it, the prospect will fail and you will get an error message. The macro isn't smart enough by itself to seek out a fuller stack.

Fortunately, there is a simple work-around. Take your incomplete stack of Ghost Iron Ore and place it in the last slot (bottom-right) of your last bag (leftmost on your bag list). This way the macro will always find a stack with a multiple of five ore (5, 10, 15, or 20) when it goes looking, and you can sit back and hit that button to prospect to your heart's content.

Bingo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]