Holiday Bosses should be moved to Scenarios

90 Tauren Priest
At present single dps queues for the valentine's day boss have been 10-20 min which is literally ridiculous. The fights (not just valentine's) are so easy tanks and healers aren't even needed for it and only serve to extend the queue times of everyone else.
My arms warrior who has been 90 for a few days and has no more gear that Dread Wastes greens and blues + sha quest boots can tank valentine's and not even take damage by switching to protection spec and switching to protective stance, only wielding one of his 2 handers.

I would think it would be much better to switch over the holiday bosses from dungeon queues to scenario queues to make queue times much faster, especially since most people will want to grind them on multiple alts for mounts and holiday goodies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Then heal it, or make friends with a tank.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I actually sort of agree.

As long as they leave the content open to pre-90's and such, they would barely need to retune them to be tank and healerless.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I just pick tank and go in as fury.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Then heal it, or make friends with a tank.

That's exactly what I do now but for people like me with alts that want to grind, as I said before, my alts that only have a dps spec can't do that also today even the heal queue took 10 min as well. My druid and war will definitely be queuing as tank though.
Edited by Starscreamer on 2/13/2013 8:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
10 minutes isnt really a big deal - I have 2 heals (3 minute queues), 1 DK which I cant really tank with but can tank Q for that and one pure dps who has to eat a dps queue (11 minutes).

so that is 4 toons in about 35 minutes not really a massive investment. That said given that scenarios are a thing making holiday events scenarios may be interesting for the future and possibly let them put more of a story in so it isnt quite so boring.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Scenarios seem to be the perfect thing designed for holiday bosses. I'd imagine that you'll see some of the older holidays revamped into scenarios soon when they get around to redesigning them next.

Midsummer is far enough away; they could easily have it remade and put in 5.3 if that makes it in time, which isn't too bad of odds.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
It's easier for them to just do it the way it is currently.

What you are asking is for them to code in new areas and put the holiday bosses in them.

What they are currently doing is taking 15 minutes to change the holiday NPC levels, the contents of the "bag", and the level requirement to queue for them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I support them being a scenario. Today, my tank is instant queue, healer is 2 min, and my 2 pures are 25 min each. Just to do the daily requirement to try to get that darn rocket.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I wish they were more engaging, personally. Something to make the wait time at least worth it. It's my opinion that holiday bosses were more fun when they could wipe you. At this point they're a formality. You could substitute in a slot machine interface, give me one roll and let me get back to compelling content sooner.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
At present single dps queues for the valentine's day boss have been 10-20 min which is literally ridiculous

Really now we are QQing about a 10-20 min wait. People really need to grow up and understand that not everything is instant nor about them. Suck it up and get over it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Really now we are QQing about a 10-20 min wait. People really need to grow up and understand that not everything is instant nor about them. Suck it up and get over it.

No we are "QQing" about a 10-20 min queue wait for one single toon. Which for me equates to 30 - 60 min wait time on all my toons that cant tank. Now imagine for a second how much longer that extends for those who have 11 toons. So yes I would "QQ" about having to queue that long for something that could be queue'd for instantly - 30 sec for everybody and not just me. =/

It's easier for them to just do it the way it is currently.

What you are asking is for them to code in new areas and put the holiday bosses in them.

I am by no means extremely knowledgeable about how Blizz makes this game, but from my point of view I don't see why it would really be much more than copy pasting what they have already into the scenario section of the game, probably tweaking the bosses dmg/health as they do already every expac, and write in a one step objective to kill the boss. If they would add more objectives to make it longer that would be a lot more coding, but I certainly wouldn't require it of them. =p
Reply Quote
A 20m queue is ridiculous for a boss that doesn't require a tank and barely requires a healer. It SHOULD have been a scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The valentine's boss would have been perfect as a scenario. EVERYONE can be a tank, and if they handle it correctly there's extremely minimal healing required.

I can't imagine it being a coding mess to convert. There are enough dungeons in the game now that the devs must have a handy way to slap together a basic instance and stick it in the existing UI framework.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Agreed.

I queue as tank when spec'd as a healer and there's no threat of anyone dying.

There is a threat though of someone saying I suck as a tank because I can't keep threat.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
02/14/2013 10:49 PMPosted by Mneme
A 20m queue is ridiculous for a boss that doesn't require a tank and barely requires a healer. It SHOULD have been a scenario.

The valentines day boss is easier then every scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/15/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Fierydemise

The valentines day boss is easier then every scenario.

esp. when you grab the purple and green potions and completly nullify the only thing that actually do any damage to you. The purple and green AOEs and the one beam or breath attack whatever it is. The 3rd guy just runs around hitting random people.

The first and 2nd guys are the only ones that do anything, but if you buff youself with the potions to nullify the assosicated nasty stuff you really cant die on that fight.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I wouldn't mind them switching it up a bit every few holidays but I wouldn't want there to be only scenario holiday bosses. Though I do like the potential there, I also enjoy the 5-man dungeon style as well, despite the queues.

Heck I'd even like to see a LFR holiday boss (ala omen but instanced).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Actually, this is a really good idea.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I like this idea but this:

which is literally ridiculous.

Made me literally laugh out loud.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]