<Completely Different>Needs a Healer and DPS!

90 Undead Warlock
Hello,

CD is one of the longest standing 2-night progression guilds. For 5.2 we elected to leave our dying server and transfer to Area-52. A number of our players choose not to make the move with us and as such we're currently looking for a skilled healer and 2 diverse DPS one is ideally a hunter and the other is just a solid all player (all apps should be 500+ ilvl). Below you'll find the general info about us and who we are so if you're a skilled player interested in pushing the limits of what can be accomplished on 8-hours a week please fill out an application or contact any of us with questions.

Website: http://completelydifferent.enjin.com (where you should fill out an application if interested)

Server: Area 52 (Horde) (Formerly on Terenas-Horde)

Raid Times: Tues/Wed 8-12 EST

Contact Email: completelydifferentguild@gmail.com

Contact Battle Tags: Shaid#1203 and/or Aani#1241

Stream (to get a feel for our raids):www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice

Past Progression: T14(US150 H:Will), T13 8/8H (US 180), T12 7/7H (US 120), Server First etc. For the last 2+ years CD has been one of the best (frequently the #1) 2-night raiding guilds in the US. Our heroic kills range from top 200 to top 50 US 10m rankings.

About Us:
Completely Different was designed with one goal in mind; to provide ex top players a place to still enjoy that level of play now that they are no longer able to dedicate dozens of hours a week to raiding. Over the years our guild has consisted of those retiring top raiders (Vigil, Death and Taxes, Cuties Only, Drama, Flavor Country, Vodka, Premonition, Enigma, etc.) whose lives are now filled with other commitments but find it frustrating to play at the level of most guilds that raid these types of hours. While raiding 8 hours a week, since 2008, we've constantly at the very upper echelon of guilds that raid these kinds of hours and have no plan to change that formula. In early 2013 we sadly made the decision to leave the server that some of us had been on since launch 8 years ago due to an inability to even buy the raid mats we needed to raid 2-nights a week and Blizzards continual refusal to address the issue of low population servers. We left Terenas for Area 52 where the population is much more lively but server firsts are still w/in reach for a 2-night guild.

About You:
If you're looking to join us you should know that we place equal emphasis on the skill level of our players and the character and personalities of our guildmates. We all enjoy the level of progression we're able to achieve on our light schedule but we're also interested in making sure that the reason we're all showing up each week is that we enjoy spending many hours in one another's company. In the years that we've all been playing MMOs we've noticed a steady decline in the quality of character expected and accepted of other players. Guilds these days seem to have no qualms picking up a recruit who is posting anonymously on the forums and clearly lacks the character to have sorted things out with their previous home before looking elsewhere. There used to be repercussions for actions like that and those kind of players couldn't just pay a few dollars to hide from their deeds or go somewhere that people didn't know them. We enjoy playing with the kind of people who did well in that era. The challenges that guildmates should feel proud of overcoming together aren't limited to the scripted pixels that we enjoy killing each week but also the very act of building and learning to work with a team and seeing that team through whatever challenges it faces along it's way. So if you're someone who raids only for progression and loot or who looks for a new guild at the first sign of a struggle in progression then please move along.

When looking at performance we are looking for two main qualities in our raiders; the ability to learn quickly and from available sources before we even pull a new encounter and then to make extremely few mistakes when actually pulling bosses. In order to succeed in an 8 hour raid week these qualities cannot be stressed enough. With our limited time spent in game each week we need to minimize the amount of time spent on the execution phase of learning a fight and this boils down to having players who can execute a pull perfectly after learning the basics of a fight on the first 5-10 pulls.

If you find you have any questions please contact either Shaidar (in game, on our forums, or at the listed email at the top) or any other member online in game.

Cheers,
-Shaidar, GM and RL of Completely Different.
Edited by Shaidar on 3/12/2013 5:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
VEX
Oh and PS, we will probably be running some content and need people, so hit us up if interested.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Good luck on those server firsts
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
What he said, look either of us up if you're interested in getting a bit of a trial by fire. We'll be looking for fill-ins at ~7:30 EST tonight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/12/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Blaslock
Good luck on those server firsts

Thanks! We definitely weren't planning on having only 2 weeks to figure out exactly who was retiring and replace them.

Unless you were being facetious, in which case I'm sorry you're having a bad day.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Tonight we'll be looking for a few bodies for a HoF clear and then if the people we pick up are solid enough, a 6/6H MGV clear out.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Apologies to all for Verb's computer dying last night. He'll be MIA for a day or two while he trouble shoots and fixes the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
VEX
Should be back in business this weekend.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
iv decided to not look in /2 anymore full of fail < most are 4/6 in msv norm lolz >
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Good luck, you guys seem cool and if you ever need warm bodies I have alts that like to kill things too!
Edited by Brotality on 2/15/2013 11:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I suck at reading comprehension or I'm tired, ignore my rambling.

Welcome to the server!
Edited by Lif on 2/15/2013 11:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Priest
Over the years our guild has consisted of those retiring top raiders (Vigil, Death and Taxes, Cuties Only, Drama, Flavor Country, Vodka, Premonition, Enigma, etc.) whose lives are now filled with other commitments but find it frustrating to play at the level of most guilds that raid these types of hours.

Being a casual/failed trial doesn't mean you were "in" any of these guilds
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
VEX
02/16/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Haritur
Over the years our guild has consisted of those retiring top raiders (Vigil, Death and Taxes, Cuties Only, Drama, Flavor Country, Vodka, Premonition, Enigma, etc.) whose lives are now filled with other commitments but find it frustrating to play at the level of most guilds that raid these types of hours.

It isn't highly suspect to imagine people who raided at a high level wanting to tone it down a notch. I spent all of Cataclysm in a US Top 50 guild, and I just don't have the time to commit to that any more.

Probably betraying all the rules about feeding trolls here, but oh well.

I suck at reading comprehension or I'm tired, ignore my rambling.

Welcome to the server!

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

You're not really a guild on a server until you get your first cowardly troll. It took us almost a month back when we formed at the start of Wrath and now we're down to inside a week. I've always wondered what it could be about a person that makes them care so much about a virtual online persona that they have use an alternate one to "protect" it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The trolls are the same people who are afraid that you might be taking their server firsts away.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Good luck on area 52, for raiding 8 hours a week you guys have done really well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
02/18/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Brotality
The trolls are the same people who are afraid that you might be taking their server firsts away.

If we want to say something, we'll say it on a main. Every tier, a new guild transfers and aims to get "our" server firsts (I put "our" in quotes because people, for some reason, want to believe that we think those firsts are ours by some unreal, selfish, and egotistical right). Good guilds transferring here is always a good thing because our server always needs good guilds to help increase our server ranking.
Edited by Freese on 2/18/2013 3:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/18/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Brotality

What's to fear from a guild who's not even managed to down 7/16 heroic bosses this tier? If anyone is trolling here it's you by trying to start drama where there's no drama.

No disrespect to Completely Different but surpassing Refined is going to have to come from another source. Let's all just hope 5.2 isn't rushed to completion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

What's to fear from a guild who's not even managed to down 7/16 heroic bosses this tier? If anyone is trolling here it's you by trying to start drama where there's no drama.

No disrespect to Completely Different but surpassing Refined is going to have to come from another source. Let's all just hope 5.2 isn't rushed to completion.

No disrespect taken aside from not bothering to actually, I guess, look up our progression. We appreciate the bumps and wish Refined the best of luck in their progression. They seem to be pretty much what we are except on 3 nights and 25man.
If you don't consider time since the holidays started this year and we stepped back from progression almost completely, we've been from a month behind you on H:DW and few weeks back on H:Will to a couple weeks ahead of you on H:Rag. Couple that with the fact that 16 Boss tiers suck large donkey balls on 8 hours a week and I think that our statement of server firsts being in reach here is a fair statement when you compare it to the kinds of guilds we would be competing with on the other high pop servers.

I doubt anyone would be surprised by a guild raiding 12 hours at the top of their game "beating" one that raids 8 playing similarly, but guilds have their ups and downs and to be ignorant of that is asking for an implosion when it inevitably occurs. Let's just hope that it doesn't come down to some major !@#$ up on relative tuning between encounters. Well that and that they give us enough time to actually get built back up over here.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/18/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Shaidar
No disrespect taken aside from not bothering to actually, I guess, look up our progression. We appreciate the bumps and wish Refined the best of luck in their progression. They seem to be pretty much what we are except on 3 nights and 25man.

I don't know how I didn't see your progression, wowprogress and your armory has you at 7/16 hm's down. I fail to see how that's Refined but in a 10 man version.

we've been from a month behind you on H:DW and few weeks back on H:Will to a couple weeks ahead of you on H:Rag

None of your kills are relevant. A month is far behind, 3 weeks nearly as long and your heroic rag kill was really late for a 10 man heroic rag kill, US what 110+? The only way we're losing a realm first is if a better 25 man guild comes here or the 10 man content is significantly easier than the 25 like heroic rag was. Either way, I stand by my previous post.
Edited by Rgthree on 2/18/2013 7:37 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]