5.2 hps

90 Pandaren Priest
So let's discuss 5.2 HPS as Discipline.
To be honest, I feel like we are getting screwed over.
Prayer of Healing is my main ability I use and it guarantees Divine Aegis, and Divine Aegis is what gets me to the top of the healing charts.
I hope other healing classes are getting crushed on as well so it can balance it out.
So what are we supposed to reforge to crit next patch? Need some constructive thoughts here.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Are you...asking for similar nerfs to other classes to guarantee that you keep top slot on the charts?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
We'll have to use more spells than Prayer of Healing. Lots and lots of atonement. Penance is very good. PoM is good also, considering many fights look to have damage patterns that favor it. Cascade and glyphed binding heal (if they fix it) too. Prayer of Healing is what you'll use either for SS or when you don't have anything better to cast, and hopefully with AA up.

Burst HPS will be less than other classes. There's no raid save, and SS will be mostly useless.

For gearing, the options are going to be heavy crit or haste/spirit. I doubt we'll see enough spirit to make bubble spam viable.
Edited by Evry on 2/11/2013 11:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
No I'm basically ranting. I'm also asking if crit is what I am supposed to reforge to so I can actually get divine aegis.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/11/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Disneylandd
No I'm basically ranting. I'm also asking if crit is what I am supposed to reforge to so I can actually get divine aegis.

Actually no, you're crying that you cannot mindlessly spam an overpowered and broken ability. Fact.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Spirit Shell was broken. I don't know why they are nerfing prayer of healing proc' on DA.

I think making Spirit Shell a 2-3 minute CD instead of a 1 minute CD would of been the fix.

And a fix to the overbuffed mana regen.

That's ALL disc needed really.

But with what they are changing either 1) you'll want more crit or 2) you'll go mastery and use bubble spamming more again since it's reduced mana cost.

Don't think either sounds 'great'.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/11/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Tonydanza

Actually no, you're crying that you cannot mindlessly spam an overpowered and broken ability. Fact.

Tony, go away. You really don't help any thread you're in. Shoo, cow. Shoo.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Tony, go away. You really don't help any thread you're in. Shoo, cow. Shoo.

I understand I do not help you whiny priests, I am sorry. I do main a priest, beit shadow w/disc OS, but still, fact remains, disc = utterly broken. The fact of the matter is that disc was so broken this tier that it was an utter disgrace that DA or SS was not hotfixed/gutted 2 months ago.

Am I against Priests? No, because I happen to really appreciate their CD's as a fellow healer. What I am against is the whiny boo hoo we're nerfed far too much attitude, it happens every single tier, when evidence, logs and theorycrafting all suggest that you folks are still at the top of the totem pole, or second at worst.

Such a whiny spoiled brat attitude. Anybody that thinks they deserve anything is full of crap. I'm not attacking you personally, even though you did me, even though in some threads you provide some decent and unbias feedback. The fact remains that your class, as a generalization, have been nothing short of a bunch of crybabies everytime one single thing gets changed, even though they've sat at the absolute top of logs/rankings/totem pole for healers as far as one can remember. It's an utter disgrace honestly. The saddest thing is that I still outheal a ton of disc priests on my resto druid. And that's a joke because my Resto has trash gear, yet still outheals and is more efficient (far better mana management, when disc has 3x the mana management available.)

I don't know why they are nerfing prayer of healing proc' on DA.

Who else can provide an instant bubble for the entire party on top of a pretty good entire party heal?

Thanks;)
Edited by Tonydanza on 2/12/2013 1:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Tony, your hyperbole is amazing. And your hostility brings nothing to the table but more angst. If you were a bit less ridiculous, a bit less hostile, and a bit more reasonable, I think I could take you seriously. As it stands, I'm going to try to take the high round here and not remind you what a complete and utter whining cry baby you were in the Resto Druid threads not a month ago.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/12/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Tiriél
Tony, your hyperbole is amazing. And your hostility brings nothing to the table but more angst. If you were a bit less ridiculous, a bit less hostile, and a bit more reasonable, I think I could take you seriously. As it stands, I'm going to try to take the high round here and not remind you what a complete and utter whining cry baby you were in the Resto Druid threads not a month ago.

Allow me to refresh you, On a Resto Druids;
Are they really that bad as ppl make them out to be? Also how are they looking on PTR?

No. They're not.

The issue is that every single other healer provides tools that are far too overpowered in one way or another, beit resources/power/cooldowns.

Druids are the most balanced healer imo. The problem is blizzard is too stupid to realize how badly they're merked up the other classes so they're just going to buff us until we're as stupid as the other classes.

U mad? Direct quote from myself.

Keep trollin' 24/7 bro;D
Edited by Tonydanza on 2/12/2013 3:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
you guys are the best.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Wow, this is the second forum thread that i have read that has another class posting a "Stop your whinning" post, its amazing that somone who dps's mainly thinks they have a right to come to a thread about another class and post in a rude manner and get completely off topic.

@Disneylandd

Disc is currently (pre 5.2) overpowered and the play syle is mindless, i myself bounce between holy and shadow off spec. The nerfs are absolutely going to change you gearing and playstyle from what it is now (which is effectively PoH spam with shields for regen and SS on cd)
5.2 will probably see alot more single targeting from us(relying HEAVILY on crit) the change to rapture will not warant spamming PW:S, and your aoe healing will deminish MASSIVELY(especially compared to palidans)

Stat Priority: Spirit, Crit, mastery, haste

Spell usage(disclaimer: not 100% sure it varies now so it will still in the future): Optimal way will be as a tank healer(Ya no more AoE Disc)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
its amazing that somone who dps's mainly thinks they have a right to come to a thread about another class and post in a rude manner and get completely off topic.

1; I've healed with priest every single tier/expansion except for cata where I did resto druid.
Therefore, I think I'm qualified to speak to priests. This is the first time I have been main shadow, with disc os, however due to raid comp currently, I am forced into disc on most fights.

2; How did I go off topic? The op litterally cried and stated, and I quote, " I hope every other healer gets crushed" meaning, he hopes everyone else is nerfed so he can top meters. And to be honest with you, when I first read this thread I thought it was a troll spoofing priests crying. Sorry, but thats a fact. Didnt off topic once.

Are you for real? how is that direct quote not crying? If you don't think that's a bunch of boo hoo than plz do get out of here, you're too bias to have any decent argument.
Edited by Tonydanza on 2/12/2013 2:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/11/2013 10:54 PMPosted by Disneylandd
I hope other healing classes are getting crushed on as well so it can balance it out.

Did you just wake up from a coma or something?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
On the Ptr, disc priest were doing just fine.

Sure it may require a play style change, but that happens quite often. I mean there hasn't been a single patch yet where the monks healing style had to adjust.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/11/2013 10:54 PMPosted by Disneylandd
So let's discuss 5.2 HPS as Discipline.

Let's not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Stat Priority: Spirit, Crit, mastery, haste

Personally, I think Crit>haste>mastery will be the way to go. But I am partial about crit so I can be wrong xD.

As was pointed out in the priest forum by a not-troll fellow, the changes are...weird. It sure looks like they want to make PW:S more used, but at the same time devs are making mastery an awful stat, making those same bubbles feel...underpowered, so yeah, disci will pay lap tribute to the spell (borrowed time is cool, and a bubble is always useful) and carry on with the rotation. Devs apparently got bored of POH spamming bubbles, so they removed 100% DA from them (again, making mastery feel cheaper but solving the problem of facerolling them) but didn't give us any new/improved tool to manage AOE healing (God I hate that spell).
So all in all, it looks like a ...half-hearted switch back to single healing, the problem is that we are in the age of the smart-heal, so it's kinda awkward.
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Priest
02/12/2013 02:46 AMPosted by Dárkkpráÿèr
Wow, this is the second forum thread that i have read that has another class posting a "Stop your whinning" post, its amazing that somone who dps's mainly thinks they have a right to come to a thread about another class and post in a rude manner and get completely off topic.

It makes about as much sense as a disc priest asking for all other healers to be nerfed so they can remain on top of the charts. Defending the OP's stance is kind of laughable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/12/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Linisavia
It makes about as much sense as a disc priest asking for all other healers to be nerfed so they can remain on top of the charts. Defending the OP's stance is kind of laughable.

I don't think Darkprayer was defending the OP's stance, actually. But, see, nothing Tony has said has helped the situation. Instead of trying to post something productive (to hopefully counteract some of the statements the OP made, and make this a semi-productive thread), he decided to basically say that all Disc Priests are whiners, etc. Which is terribly unfair, wouldn't you agree?

And while he says he heals on his Disc Priest, he never actually posts on his Disc Priest. You wouldn't happen to be that Disc Priest, would you? o_O
Edited by Tiriél on 2/12/2013 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'd like to top a meter, but that will never happen :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]