Blizz should make a heroic BRD dungeon

90 Pandaren Monk
Yes I know I will be getting some people on here to post stupid stuff about having a heroic BRD but come on guys, we need harder dungeons and BRD was really hard back in WoW release. I would love if they redid BRD for a heroic and have all 19 bosses and the one rare boss as well, since they are starting to redo a lot of old wow content. BRD was and still is my favorite dungeon and it always will be and would hope for a heroic version that is truly hard. I can only wish and dream for this day but it will not come because people do not like stuff hard.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Not until Sunken Temple is revamped to its former glory as a heroic
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They should toy around with the idea of making it a casual 5-men "raid" with weekly lockout dropping LFR gears...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
Blizzard has indicated that they will not be making long dungeons anymore; I believe there was a blue post emphasizing how a dungeon should be completed during a lunch break.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
02/12/2013 12:07 AMPosted by Attackknight
lizzard has indicated that they will not be making long dungeons anymore

Which is a probable indication we'll see one.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
02/12/2013 12:20 AMPosted by Postonforums
lizzard has indicated that they will not be making long dungeons anymore

Which is a probable indication we'll see one.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4488898/

Q. What didn’t work out as planned or expected?

Initially, we started off the Heroic dungeons at too high of a difficulty. The difficulty level rather abruptly changed when compared to the Heroics players experienced at the end of Wrath of the Lich King. This major change caught many players off guard, and frustrated some of them. The difficulty also increased the effective amount of time required to complete a dungeon to a longer experience than we wanted. With the release of patch 4.3 we’re now in a much better place. We’ve always talked about being able to complete a dungeon over lunch, and the Hour of Twilight dungeons get us back to that goal. End Time, Well of Eternity, and Hour of Twilight all provide epic play experiences to our players, but at the real sweet spot of difficulty, complexity, and time commitment.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/12/2013 01:59 AMPosted by Attackknight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4488898/

You missed the joke, son. When blizzard says they won't do something, they usually end up breaking their promise and doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
Fair enough. I suppose GS did make a post about how dungeons would be hard.
Edited by Attackknight on 2/13/2013 1:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I would love a few old-style epic dungeons. BRD is fun.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I don't think anyone would have a problem with length so long as it wouldn't ever show up as a random- it could have a tab all by itself, much like the holiday bosses. Anyone who signs up for it will know what they're getting into.
Course, that does raise the question of whether enough people will want to run it, and queue times might be low =/
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/13/2013 01:15 AMPosted by Attackknight
Fair enough. I suppose GS did make a post about how dungeons would be hard.

"You won't see a legendary like rogue daggers anytime soon" - Firelands blue post on how the staff had too many class choices.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
I don't think anyone would have a problem with length so long as it wouldn't ever show up as a random- it could have a tab all by itself, much like the holiday bosses. Anyone who signs up for it will know what they're getting into.
Course, that does raise the question of whether enough people will want to run it, and queue times might be low =/

There needs to be an incentive to finish one in that case.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
02/14/2013 04:35 AMPosted by Attackknight
There needs to be an incentive to finish one in that case.

Well, presumably it gets to be longer by having more bosses, not just more trash. So there's more drops per run (and more lolJP per run). If it is outside the random queue system they could also make it worth increased VP (80 every run, as opposed to the 80 first time/40 for the rest of the day for normal dungeons? Or maybe even 100 every run, if it's long enough to justify it.)

They could also give it vanity rewards like mounts or pets.

Or, if they change their mind about "catch-up" heroics, they could tune the "superheroic" dungeon higher, put on an ilvl entry requirement, and have it drop higher ilvl gear than ordinary heroics, maybe even over 480 so it could get you into T15 LFR (if you had enough of it and/or mixed it with valor gear). That seems unlikely, though, since then it would basically replace T14 LFR, which they probably don't want. Also, making something with higher level drops that you could do as many times as you want would upset the pace of gearing.

If they do make one, though, I'd probably prefer a new one to a rehash.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Keep in mind some of these extremely hard pre-BC dungeon had very some amazing loot. Ironfoe was a particularly amazing weapon for fury warriors even up until naxx. Also Headmaster's Charge comes to mind as well.

It would be a cool idea to implement 2-3 hours dungeons with challenge mode difficulty that drop some great loot, but it doesn't seem to be the direction the game is headed in. They would definitely have to be off the LFD tool.
Edited by Faust on 2/14/2013 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
iLevel wise, it'd be easy, we'd want most bosses to drop slightly better say 6-7 ilevels better than current heroic dungeons and the end boss to drop something comparable to LFR gear (that's the incentive to stay).

It would also allow newer players to catch up in terms of gear.

As has been suggested, mounts could also be another incentive.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
BRD is raid sized at this point. It would be Occulus all over again as a dungeon. People would pop in and immediately drop group.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]