Welcome to Korgath

85 Gnome Warrior
So Sunday night, up late doing some level grinding, 2 mates and my self came across a priest with some rather strange playing habits. after figuring out it was a bot, we spent several hours just getting it killed.

We all opened tickets to report the player, and used the "report player for cheating" option numerous times, 2 days later the bot played priest is 89.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Imdisc/simple

below is a small video of his story, after we found 2 mobs that could kill him very quickly.

http://youtu.be/VsH3OCXQjFs

Thanks Blizzard for supporting bots!
Edited by Crackshore on 2/12/2013 1:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
Why on earth do you care so much? Maybe you would've leveled yourself if you didn't waste time on worrying about a bot? How does this affect you? Blizzard should ban you for wasting their time imho.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
02/12/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Renceyn
Why on earth do you care so much? Maybe you would've leveled yourself if you didn't waste time on worrying about a bot?

I'm gunna go out on a limb and say this is the botter here. Yup, limb seems pretty sturdy

02/12/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Renceyn
How does this affect you?

How does botting effect real players....hmmm

Mainly it artificially inflates the economy. Then you have players being forced to do dgs/bgs with bots, who of course don't work with the team/group and generally bring them down. Then you have to figure all the legit farmers that are having nodes/herbs stolen from them by bots who can monitor and collect far faster and longer than a real player. Bots are responsible for a lot of sh!tty aspects of this game. For you to say it doesn't affect players is just plain ignorant. Or more likely your excuse for doing it.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
lol I'm not the botter. Good guess though. I guess I understand your point. I hate when I see it in bg's but this seemed to be just a lvling bot. I don't understand why anyone would care soo much to sit there and camp a bot and then rally their friends to do the same and write up tickets for it. I don't play the AH so it doesn't really affect me I suppose. This case just seemed a little overboard.

This has gone on since the start of WoW. I'm sure if Blizz could do something about it they would. It just seems like a hard thing to eliminate. How do you suggest they take care of it smart guy?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
What I want to know is how the hell does the OP have almost 200K gold o.0 as for the bot.. how did you get it into your group much less into that instance.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
lol hmm ok I see how this would be annoying. I didn't check the links first. I apologize, my bad. I assumed this was out on the map not in a dungeon. Assumptions get you no where. Like assuming I'm the bot lol I figured I'd get that posting on this lvl 1.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
02/12/2013 01:07 PMPosted by Renceyn
This has gone on since the start of WoW. I'm sure if Blizz could do something about it they would. It just seems like a hard thing to eliminate. How do you suggest they take care of it smart guy?

It's not hard to eliminate, after you ban few 100,000 accounts it will stop being profitable for botters to continue to exploit the game. I pvp mainly, and having a bot in a battleground is more annoying then anything i can think of in the game. why did we take time out of our night? we play and level for fun, no real rush to get to 90 so we can be bored all over again, this made our night 3 friends working together to slow down the progression of botting in the mmo we choose to play. Why do i care? Because for the last 8 years i have spent my time playing the game how it should be play by hand when i have time. when this priests bots completes its botting to 90 I'm willing to bet his first gear is pvp gear which means i'll likely have to deal with him all over again in the one portion of the game i love.

02/12/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Pantara
What I want to know is how the hell does the OP have almost 200K gold o.0 as for the bot.. how did you get it into your group much less into that instance.

Dailies, 4000 of them since the xpac hit, being the first to get rare enchants helped along the way, selling dancing steal for 12k and spirt song for 15k helped a great deal. but i had around 90k when the xpac hit... i farm most mats i need and don't spend my gold on things i can get my self it adds up over the years.

02/12/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Renceyn
lol hmm ok I see how this would be annoying. I didn't check the links first. I apologize, my bad. I assumed this was out on the map not in a dungeon. Assumptions get you no where. Like assuming I'm the bot lol I figured I'd get that posting on this lvl 1.

unlike most people I'm not annoyed by your comments, I enjoy someone playing the otherside... if you had a strong argument as to why botting should be OK, you might, however unlikely changed my view on the subject... but as it stands i believe pursuant to the Terms of Service if you are botting your account should be forfeit
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
MOO
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
hi tramp. qq moar ect ect..
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
"I want goons to enforce severe punishment for committing minor infractions that have no tangible influence upon myself!!! How dare your actions conflict with my arbitrary, pissant ideals!!!"

Why do these people exist?
Edited by Cheewakka on 3/9/2013 8:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
unlike most people I'm not annoyed by your comments, I enjoy someone playing the otherside... if you had a strong argument as to why botting should be OK, you might, however unlikely changed my view on the subject... but as it stands i believe pursuant to the Terms of Service if you are botting your account should be forfeit

But the burden of proof is on yourself. You haven't provided any strong proof that your methods are practical for preventing systematic botting. Why are you arguing that your attempts to screw over a random individual are ethically justified?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]