Protectors - TES 10 regular... tanks?

100 Draenei Priest
Tonight we start in TES.
However, thanks to raiders still suffering the effects of the NE snow storms, I expect 1 or 2 of the regular tanks to miss out.
I do have 1 other tank I can use for this, but the question is...
Can you 1 tank Protectors 10 regular? (easy combo)?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Yes you can. In fact you can even 1 tank heroic protectors with the normal order.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Yes you can 1-tank it without issue provided your tank isn't asleep at the wheel. He needs to move out of defiled ground quickly.
Reply Quote
We one tanked it in our first kill last week. 3-4 attempts.

I'd recommend doing this even when your tanks come back.

--Tank all 3 in middle. AoE threat to healers and incidental from getting melee'd from interrupted casters
--Tank and DPS have focus macros to interrupt the other two (organize this as youd like)
--Move Koloarn out of Cleansing as needed.

Good luck on a kill. If you do 10 man and work on Tsulong without a second tank, he can be 1 tanked as well. Have a plate DPS taunt just as breath goes out (when MT has a stack) then have tank taunt back ASAP to minimize melee attack on DPS

NOTE: Havent killed Tsulong and we two tanked it so take that with a grain of salt
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
02/12/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Kharnhe
Yes you can 1-tank it without issue provided your tank isn't asleep at the wheel. He needs to move out of defiled ground quickly.

There is no defiled ground in the normal order, which is what the OP is asking.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You can 1 tank it on Elite too, but if you do, I'd suggest 3 healers.

Either 1 tank 3 heal or 2 tank 2 heal.

I guess if your DPS isn't high enough 1 tank elite wouldn't work, but you can get pretty high stack wise if you rotate cooldowns. We didn't have many problems. We 1 shot it 1 tank 3 healing it our first night trying it. Second week we were down a healer, so we 2 tank 2 healed it. It feels much less stressful that way than 1:3, but eh.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
wow... so yeah doing the first boss with 1 tank 3 healers in the easy lfr mode order felt like cheating.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/12/2013 08:25 PMPosted by Akumamanny
wow... so yeah doing the first boss with 1 tank 3 healers in the easy lfr mode order felt like cheating.

The Elite order is still pretty easy too. For some reason (we are bad) we found it easier than the "easy" order.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
We one tanked it in our first kill last week. 3-4 attempts.

I'd recommend doing this even when your tanks come back.

--Tank all 3 in middle. AoE threat to healers and incidental from getting melee'd from interrupted casters
--Tank and DPS have focus macros to interrupt the other two (organize this as youd like)
--Move Koloarn out of Cleansing as needed.

Good luck on a kill. If you do 10 man and work on Tsulong without a second tank, he can be 1 tanked as well. Have a plate DPS taunt just as breath goes out (when MT has a stack) then have tank taunt back ASAP to minimize melee attack on DPS

NOTE: Havent killed Tsulong and we two tanked it so take that with a grain of salt

Tsulong definitely doable one tank, as a matter of fact, my guild finds that one tanking is the way to go. I often jump into my fury spec and take every other breath. Ideally Shadow Breath Cds line up such that the Main tank will only get two total before daylight phases. Also I would recommend using a warrior attempting this method as with defensive stance and die by the sword, the warrior wouldn't feel the damage any more than any other tank. Other Viable options include using a DK with AMS which should work along the same vein, or a Windwalker monk with glyphed fist of fury and touch of karma (iffy on the timings, could be awfully tight to make it work).

Protectors assuming Kaolan, lightning man, and water dude order, definitely one tankable. Water fellow has no aggro table for water bolt so no worries there. Lightning man shouldn't be a problem damage wise for one tank. And with Kaolan out, most of the !@#$ty mechanics don't come into play.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
Even elite is easily one tank two heal-able
Edited by Ðemolition on 2/13/2013 12:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
We 1 tank elite mode 25man normal, so I'd think 10man would be even easier. I go dps, the other tank tanks the lightning guy and the big guy. Kill lightning guy. On water guy, I put on righteous fury and taunt to get aggro. When he drops a water circle, I interrupt and move him out of the circle. Repeat until he's dead.

Then on the big guy, which you start towards the outside of the area. When he drops a expel corruption, move out of it (we all go clockwise around the room). Pop hero, don't stand in stuff and collect higher level loot.

I would recommend not bothering with non-elite mode. I haven't even tried it any way other than elite.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
To answer your question simply if your doing Protectors on normal mode (not elite) then yes its 100% 1 tankable.

However, not worth it. OP mentioned you have the possibility of grabbing another tank, I highly recommend doing that instead. The fact that elite gear is 503, and at least in my opinion not hard at all... tells me that you wont have a problem doing Elite mode.

Our raid group only does elite mode, not once have we done the normal mode of the boss. So, I would grab the other tank. The only thing you need to do is keep the boss in the corner and not stand in circles (defiled ground) then when hes the last guy, all you need to do is keep him on the wall and move him when theres that big !@# circle. Easy simple no problem at all ;-p

I personally think Elite mode is easier than normal mode, however thats just my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You don't need 2 tanks for Elite anyway.

Tsulong you can get away with 1 (but 2 is standard), and after that you need 2 tanks.
Edited by Tarski on 2/13/2013 7:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You don't need 2 tanks for Elite anyway.

Tsulong you can get away with 1 (but 2 is standard), and after that you need 2 tanks.

We 1 tank heroic tsulong as well as heroic protectors. Just need a holy paladin to take a breath every phase.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
For one tanking Tsulong do you just have someone else take the 3rd breath?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Tsulong seems to just sometimes let stacks fall off. It might have something to do with him moving when he's about to cast, though a taunt-juggle would definitely do the trick too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]