Boomkins Rejoice!

It seems we have received between a 9 and 16% (ambiguity is because of spell power scaling at different levels) boost to Wrath, Starfire and Starsurge.

Considering these spells make up about 70% of our single target damage. This is roughly a 10% increase to our current damage output.

Also considering that moonkins are currently the most gear dependent class in the game right now, the increasing item level will contain a soft buff for us anyway.

Its great news because I have been struggling to remain competitive in terms of dps this tier. And by competitive I mean first or seriously threatening to get first in a consistent manner. Hows other boomkins dps been looking this tier? Is this a buff that you needed 3 months ago or is this going to make you OP?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I smell fried chicken yummy
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Do not know a lot about moonkins, but i would disagree to the point that they are the most gear dependent class in wow i would argue that fury warrior and combat rogue are arguably the most gear dependent. There are a lot of changes coming in 5.2 that i am very excited about some meh. Just have to play it out and see what happens. PTR raid testing anyone?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The problem with moonkin dps is the eclipse mechanic in and of itself. It's just plain broken.

Being outside of eclipse we do horrible damage, but then even being inside of eclipse the damage from our normal rotation is still low compared to what other classes, like mages and locks for instance, can do with their normal rotation. We have the highest dps burst, yes, but it doesn't even out when we have the lowest single target dps outside of CDs.

That and we have no mobile dps. It's pretty frustrating when I can watch our locks move while casting and their dps still goes up.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
02/14/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Mybackhurtz
Do not know a lot about moonkins, but i would disagree to the point that they are the most gear dependent class in wow i would argue that fury warrior and combat rogue are arguably the most gear dependent. There are a lot of changes coming in 5.2 that i am very excited about some meh. Just have to play it out and see what happens. PTR raid testing anyone?

gem up crit and GG
Reply Quote
I think being crit dependant is what the 3 classes mentioned have in common. At least with a warrior you can just go arms with basically the same gear and do more dps.

Yeah I feel the eclipse mechanic isn't perfect either. I understand what they want to do, I actually like the idea of it, I just don't think its current implementation is very good.

I too would be willing to trade our ridiculous burst for a smoother base damage. I still disagree with making wrath do less damage (all things factored) than starfire, or at least the degree it's happened.

I totally agree with lack of mobile dps though, our dots don't do the damage they used to & since nerfing mushrooms, we can't even "game" the mechanics & use that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I think being crit dependant is what the 3 classes mentioned have in common. At least with a warrior you can just go arms with basically the same gear and do more dps.

Yeah I feel the eclipse mechanic isn't perfect either. I understand what they want to do, I actually like the idea of it, I just don't think its current implementation is very good.

I too would be willing to trade our ridiculous burst for a smoother base damage. I still disagree with making wrath do less damage (all things factored) than starfire, or at least the degree it's happened.

I totally agree with lack of mobile dps though, our dots don't do the damage they used to & since nerfing mushrooms, we can't even "game" the mechanics & use that.

The only thing wrong with arms its very weapon dependent =( you need a 497+ to keep up with "FURRY" dps =D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]