Paladin solo viable on ptr?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
As someone who spends a lot of time and has a lot of fun soloing old raids, it bums me out that current paladins seem to be no where near as good as DK, monk, or hunter, or even shadow priests when it comes to soloing old content. Ret is too squishy once you go beyond 10mans, and prot is stuck in BC era where tanks do pitiful dps. I know vengeance exists, but it seems to me like in order to stack the AP high you need to take a lot of adds or a lot of damage, and it's often not able to be healed through by yourself, so it ends up being 15-25k dps on bosses that have millions of hit points compared to DKs that can pull at least double that.

Anyone that's used the PTR know if the changes to conc increase dps without vengeance or if the improved healing to eternal flame makes ret more viable solo? Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Wear dps gear, pull trash into bosses if you can. You really don't have to worry about the damage because of how much insight heals. Only DKs really do more damage on a base level, warriors do a lot when they have high vengeance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmmm I'll test that out as well, thanks. I only tried dps gear once and that was in Bastion of twilight because I knew I couldn't take that place with tank dps..and I got annihilated. Tried tank gear for the hell of it and still died over time because the damage was too low on my end.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]