Why am I hard to heal?

90 Tauren Druid
During our stone guard kill lastnight my healers kept commenting on how squishy I am. I read that I should spam FR for this fight and SD isn't necessary. Is this correct? Am I overlooking something in my gearing/reforging? Any help is appreciated
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You are almost 4% under the hit cap, that is the first thing I see. That will affect your rage generation.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Stone Guards is mostly magic and bleed damage, which SD doesn't help against.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/13/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Ihaul
I read that I should spam FR for this fight and SD isn't necessary. Is this correct?

02/13/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Foiblesqt
Stone Guards is mostly magic and bleed damage, which SD doesn't help against.

Pretty much this. Your biggest source of damage taken is going to be the bleed that the dogs apply. They reapply it every few seconds, so you're not going to be able to dodge it off (unless you get really really lucky). Their actual melee attack is puny. That leaves FR as your most effective rage-sink.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
roughly 85% of the damage is unavoidable.

They instantly reapply the dot, it's not even a second in between (Stoneform barely resets the debuff, even if you time it "perfect", as my only evidence of this), and I'm 99% sure that the application isn't avoidable.
Edited by Asane on 2/13/2013 12:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Hit: 4.8% (try for 7.5%)
Exp: 10.41% (try for 15%)
No glyphs?
Try Incarnation and Nature's Vigil (rage and healing)
Windsong's better for weapon
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/13/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Aficionado
Try Incarnation and Nature's Vigil (rage and healing)

If he's tanking the one by its self NV is going to be largely useless. Hotw should be your default talent choice for the most part, only if there's a point during the fight where the boss takes more damage or you have huge amounts of vengeance for 30 seconds+ is nv better. Good examples are elegon and heroic windlord where NV is better. Not to mention a hotw tranq heals for like 80k and then does 45k ticks, its stupid.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/13/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Felshifter
Hotw should be your default talent

HotW is terrible unless
A: You need the stamina.
B: You can safely leave bear form to make use of it (tranquility/cat form double-dip healing/caster or cat DPS).

Neither of the above is true for stone guard.

NV's +20% healing for FR is going to outweigh the pittance that is spamming rejuv on yourself from bear form during HotW. Even assuming the +20% damage and 25% damage->healing are worthless, NV is better just from the FR boost for stone guard.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Honestly, the tank with two dogs is easier to heal than the tank with one dog on Normal since the double dog tank gets more Vengeance from the additional puny melee attacks to fuel their absorbs/heals/etc while the other tank takes about 70-80% of the damage of the double dog tank, with less attack power to mitigate it.

If you're getting spiky just throw out a cooldown. Nothing really to save em for on that fight unless you're trying to clear Mines or something.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
You don't need to be capped for normal Stone Guard. Your gear's as good as mine although you're missing some enchants and gems. In my guild we do one tank swap then bring the dogs together and burn them down. I've been tanking all 3 without too much difficulty and enjoying the 70k dps you can get with all that vengeance. It might just be timing with your cd usage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]