5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

(Locked)

90 Draenei Paladin
And what about the people who don't have a use for Valor? Like myself? I acquired a bit of it and I don't intend to ever use it. Will it just continue to sit? I'd at least like it to convert or be able to convert it to JP so I can maybe buy some heirlooms or something.
90 Pandaren Monk
While I like this change, I have to ask:

There is a possible 6k of vp of items for me for both specs from the shado pan assault vendor.

So after that what do I spend vp on?

Nu upgrade npc, a 3k cap ......

Upgrades will return in 5.3, and since 5.3 wont contain a raid tier it's probably ok to assume that it wont be nearly as long as the 5.1->5.2 gap.

So you probably wont sit on that 3k valor too long before upgrades come back.
90 Night Elf Priest
thank you! this is the best thing i've heard in a long time! It's the little things :)
90 Human Paladin
OKT
YES! Thank you Blizzard!
90 Orc Warrior
How about making LIVING STEEL mineable ? Or at least something a Black Smith or Miner can make..
90 Undead Death Knight
HoP
While this is a cool change and all, I still think current VP gear should be converted to JP gear. But do not convert VP itself to JP. This will give us something to actually spend JP on and allows the dirty word, alts, to actually get semi-geared and possibly into the new LFR when it releases. I know Blizzard hates alts now, but it still sucks for those of us who like to have more than 1 toon.

Also, they never said 100% when 5.2 is coming out to my knowledge, so for future reference until they say a patch is definitely coming out on this date, then don't spend your VP. I realize it sucks for those of you already did and I somewhat agree that they should revert your gear/upgrade purchases and refund you the VP, but still they never said it was 100% coming out in 2 weeks AFAIK.
90 Human Hunter
well that is great but can you spend less time with this stuff and fix the 2 person mount glitch?
90 Tauren Warrior
What does this mean:

" This time around there won’t be a soft cap, old Valor items aren’t changing to cost Justice, and we’re adding a new rank of PvP gear."

The fact that there will not be a soft cap?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8586239/52_Currency_Conversions-2_5_2013
90 Worgen Druid
Excellent change, thank you Blizzard! Also very happy to find out that some of the valor gear from Shado-pan Assault will be available at Neutral/Friendly, will be helpful in making the jump to ToT normal!
02/12/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Zarhym
It's certainly a relief. It removes the feeling of obligation to decide which pieces to upgrade before 5.2 when they'd likely end up getting replaced in the first couple weeks of raiding.

I feel ya on this one. /brofist

/brofist....my new motto...HELL YEAH

/brofist
90 Troll Priest
Mildly annoyed that a major announcement like the valor conversion can just be flipped on it's head in under a week.

Then again I also don't like the fact that item upgrading is being removed in 5.2. Where's the logic in me being able to upgrade say, a 463 weapon to 471 in 5.1, but not in 5.2? I just can't see it, I'm not even sure there is any. Pretty much all of my complaints around this valor nonsense are because of item upgrading.

It's a bandaid solution with various negative impacts for players so developers can be lazy. "Disabling item upgrades on 522+ gear takes effort, so we just disabled the NPC instead."

How about a tanking and healing shield on the Kirin Tor Offensive and Sunreaver Onslaught? ;-)

There isn't a healer or DPS offhand either. Only one boss in Throne of Thunder drops an offhand I can use as a Priest healer -- at least you have options as a Paladin, lol.
Edited by Lothrik on 2/13/2013 4:46 AM PST
When I read current valor gear was still going to cost valor, just a lesser amount, I couldn't understand why you'd do the conversion. It was like you said, "look, we made it cheaper but you can't afford it still, HAHAHAHAHA.'

When you used to change valor gear to justice gear, it made sense for a conversion. With the new model, your updated policy makes way more sense.

Then again I also don't like the fact that item upgrading is being removed in 5.2. Where's the logic in me being able to upgrade say, a 463 weapon to 471 in 5.1, but not in 5.2? I just can't see it, I'm not even sure there is any. Pretty much all of my complaints around this valor nonsense are because of item upgrading.

I'm not so sure it is about logic. My understanding, and this is just from what I've read about it, is that it wasn't working out exactly as they wanted it to but the changes they want to make will require more time than is needed to get the rest of 5.2 up. So, instead of making us wait longer for 5.2, they are pushing item upgrades back to see if they can get them where they'd like them to be.
90 Night Elf Druid
Hello Zarhym,

Thanks so much, to you and everyone else for deciding this change! I really appreciate it as one who literally uses her reputation and the dailies to get the gear, since raiding has not been fruitful. Now I can continue planning without being so anxious about spending valor in time, haha.
90 Troll Priest
It's certainly a relief. It removes the feeling of obligation to decide which pieces to upgrade before 5.2 when they'd likely end up getting replaced in the first couple weeks of raiding.

I feel ya on this one. /brofist

Strange, I feel like it does the exact opposite. Now I have to choose whether or not I want to upgrade certain items before 5.2. When the conversion was announced it seemed obvious: upgrade items before that valor becomes justice points. Now it just looks like I wasted some perfectly good valor upgrading stuff I'm going to replace the minute 5.2 goes live, exclusively because of this change.

I'm not so sure it is about logic. My understanding, and this is just from what I've read about it, is that it wasn't working out exactly as they wanted it to but the changes they want to make will require more time than is needed to get the rest of 5.2 up. So, instead of making us wait longer for 5.2, they are pushing item upgrades back to see if they can get them where they'd like them to be.

I was under the impression item upgrades were gone until 5.3 at the earliest. Unless you have information that proves me wrong, I'm standing by my original statement of "this is a lazy solution so developers don't have to solve this problem."

I have an extremely hard time believing that filtering out items above a specific item level is a difficult thing to manage. They seem to do just fine filtering out items below a certain item level.

Also, RE: The idea that disabling item upgrades across the board makes decisions easier for people. It doesn't, anyone at Blizzard that believes it does is deluding themselves.
Edited by Lothrik on 2/13/2013 5:01 AM PST
90 Goblin Priest
Yeah, except what about the people who actually took you at your word when you literally TOLD US we needed to go out and upgrade our stuff with any remaining valor we had. I just dropped 1500 valor on upgrades in the last day, and I have to say, this is a major slap in the face.

Doesn't it seem strange that I would be in a better position had I NOT read your "preparing for 5.2" blog post?

This is from YOUR post: "That means you’re not going to benefit by waiting for the down-conversion to pick up any current Valor items. You’re going to want to strategize spending Valor beforehand..."

And no, I can't go cap again, unless your patch date isn't really the end of February. Sorry, but the math doesn't work.

I'm usually with you guys in your thinking, and I actually think this was the better way to go in regards to valor. I'm just kind of bummed that you guys flip-flopped in two days, and I (and others) got caught in the middle.
Edited by Feelings on 2/13/2013 5:01 AM PST
90 Troll Priest
Yeah, except what about the people who actually took you at your word when you literally TOLD US we needed to go out and upgrade our stuff with any remaining valor we had. I just dropped 1500 valor on upgrades in the last day, and I have to say, this is a major slap in the face.

Doesn't it seem strange that I would be in a better position had I NOT read your "preparing for 5.2" blog post?

This is from YOUR post: "That means you’re not going to benefit by waiting for the down-conversion to pick up any current Valor items. You’re going to want to strategize spending Valor beforehand..."

And no, I can't go cap again, unless your patch date isn't really the end of February. Sorry, but the math doesn't work.

I'm usually with you guys in your thinking, and I actually think this was the better way to go in regards to valor. I'm just kind of bummed that you guys flip-flopped in two days, and I (and others) got caught in the middle.

I'm in the same boat here. Even though I regrettably wasted some valor, I really wouldn't care if item upgrading was still functional for pre-Throne of Thunder gear in 5.2. The fact that it isn't presents a serious dilemma. I dropped 2250 valor in the past week based on the information that was provided in that "preparing for 5.2" announcement.

Also, blaming your players for making decisions based on suggestions YOU MAKE is mind-bogglingly insulting. You tell us to spend our valor and then berate us for doing so because you changed your mind?

"Subject to change" good lord..

This is bait and switch if there ever was such a thing.
Edited by Lothrik on 2/13/2013 5:09 AM PST
90 Worgen Death Knight
ohhh yeha this is awesome for me
i have almost all my raid gear and it gonna b easier now and plus ima start gettin pvp gear to cause in the guild i tank both
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]