5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

(Locked)

95 Orc Warrior
02/12/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Bigscreen
sucks for people who spent valor already though lol....

Annoys me...I know many people in my guild that did a valor dump on gear, upgrades, ect., just to not have it converted into worthless JP.

You are extremely limited what you can do with Justice Points. I do not see why the current Valor gear just did not be dropped off to the JP vendor.
2 Human Warlock
Thank you!
90 Undead Rogue
Awesome! thank you.
90 Goblin Death Knight
02/13/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Petsmarts
What about non-raiders? We don't all have time to raid so make some content that is interesting and doesn't require raids, dungeons etc.

lfr is designed for those who don't want to raid or don't have time to but want to see content
90 Night Elf Hunter
A few slots will be available to non-raiders at 496? Why bother? We have better gear than that now. I didn't like this expansion to start wih and from what is being said I will like it even less. Lots of friens have left the game because wow doesn't do enough for the non-raiders. I agree. Make some content that's fun, challenging, interesting and gives gear to non-raiders!!! Wise up Bliz. You're gonna lose people if you keep this up.
8 Gnome Warrior
MIB
They should have NEVER locked valor items behind rep factions. I am already burned out on the grinds - which feel mandatory - contrary to what Blizz has stated. This was just a really bad idea.
100 Undead Warlock
Not sure if this was covered already; if Valor is not reset but Conquest is, does it still mean that come patch day you can convert VP to CP (taking the hit) and buy a piece of brand new CP gear right from the start?

It would seem that the answer is "yes" - which hopefully has a positive ramification in providing newcomers to PvP in MoP with a headstart, if they have the VP to burn...
Edited by Nirrti on 2/13/2013 7:56 AM PST
Good change. Thanks for listening.
100 Draenei Mage
Thank you so much!!! I grind out almost all my valor via dailys so I was anxious about having it wiped. Please add more quest hubs with engaging storylines like Operation: Stormshield.

I have been having a great time! I am a burnt out old raider and using any lfg tool kinda makes me queasy. I am not fond of pugging at all and my skin isn't thick.

Having something to do and shoot for outside of raids when you level cap is so awesome! Thanks for remembering not everyone is a dungeon/raid/pvp hero.

We pay to, and we are just out in your world enjoying it, doing our thing, and now that Blizz has a valor cap, I see no reason to ever wipe valor again.

Slow and steady wins the race, and for the raiders complaining, I do not understand at all. You will get geared and get the best ooh shinies for the content you do, plus you can spend valor if you choose to do the content. Sometimes I think that raiders think they deserve everything and whoever doesn't raid doesn't deserve crap.

Sure you dance with Mistress RNG, but it is not like I get new gear every week. While I do not have the same content difficulty as you do, I put in a lot of time, and to be rewarded for that time is nice.
Edited by Tepiny on 2/13/2013 8:40 AM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
THANKS.... SEEING HOW I SPENT ALL OF MY VP YESTERDAY MORNING
90 Goblin Death Knight
02/13/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Petsmarts
A few slots will be available to non-raiders at 496? Why bother? We have better gear than that now. I didn't like this expansion to start wih and from what is being said I will like it even less. Lots of friens have left the game because wow doesn't do enough for the non-raiders. I agree. Make some content that's fun, challenging, interesting and gives gear to non-raiders!!! Wise up Bliz. You're gonna lose people if you keep this up.

lfr gives you rep towards new faction as well, which in turn allows you to purchase more gear bysimply running lfr. Non raiders always expect gear to be handed to them but this mmo is based on raiding and you won't find any mmo where top end gear is handed to you. If you do your lfr grinds you will easily meet the requirements to purchase more gear. The worst thing by far is going back to where heroic instances gave you gear better than previous tier's normal gear.

If you look at the vendors there is easily 5k+ worth of vp gear available at 522 ilvl for reaching friendly reputation, most of the gear is available at honored which is hardly even a grind.
Edited by Deathknight on 2/13/2013 8:04 AM PST
100 Draenei Mage
02/13/2013 08:00 AMPosted by Deathknight

lfr gives you rep towards new faction as well, which in turn allows you to purchase more gear bysimply running lfr. Non raiders always expect gear to be handed to them but this mmo is based on raiding and you won't find any mmo where top end gear is handed to you. If you do your lfr grinds you will easily meet the requirements to purchase more gear. The worst thing by far is going back to where heroic instances gave you gear better than previous tier's normal gear.

If you look at the vendors there is easily 5k+ worth of vp gear available at 522 ilvl for reaching friendly reputation, most of the gear is available at honored which is hardly even a grind.

I don't expect jacksquat handed to me. I do not log on and expect shiny gears and unicorns in my mailbox just for paying to play. THAT is handing something to someone.

While the content I choose to do isn't as difficult as what you choose to do, it is a very lengthy grind and time spent. I really dislike attitudes like yours. I raided classic through wotlk, and part of the reason I stopped was because of the elitist snot attitudes that developed over freaking pixels.

I do not NEED to have gear that resembles raid gear or even the same ilvl, I realize this and I get it, and I agree with it, but gear is not only a tool, it is an incentive and a goal to shoot for, and if casual people are willing to do the long !@#$ grind that so many of you raiders whine about doing, they should get rewarded for it and they should get gear upgrades for it.

If people like doing dailys, questing and storylines like Operation: Stormshield and are willing to do that for their end game, why are they scrubs or wanting something handed to them?

Raiders wil always have the best shinies anyway, what is the big deal?

I wish people would just play this game, do what they do, and quit judging others for the content they choose to do. Blizz sets the playing field and the rewards, the players choose which content to pursue to get the rewards they want.

End of story.
100 Blood Elf Mage
i would says thanks but i doesn't really matter i have felt burnt out from doing dailies, heroics lfr etc. I have had to take frequent wow breaks just to raid. In any case i think it would be wise of you to convert all current valor gear to justice points. JP really has no use except heirloom. You cant use it to buy current mats this expansion, and this next patch you wont be able to use it to catch up either. Seems the current mentality is your either in or out.
100 Tauren Warrior
Can i get a refund of the 750 valor i spent yesterday? I was planning on saving it all up until you said I would lose it. Now i just wasted it on an item upgrade.
Thank you for thinking this through and making the right decision to keep Valor.
90 Draenei Shaman
Glad to hear. Now, if I could just make one more suggestion:
KEEP THE ITEM UPGRADE OPTIONS.
If you feel the need to restrict it, only allow on 496 or lower value items.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Thank you Blizz! I have a friend who was terribly worried about VP conversion because they'd already saved up to the cap and were not looking forward to losing it. I'm in-game mailing them to let them know about this. You might want to put this info on the launcher to reach others before it's too late though.
90 Goblin Death Knight
02/13/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Tepiny

I don't expect jacksquat handed to me. I do not log on and expect shiny gears and unicorns in my mailbox just for paying to play. THAT is handing something to someone.

While the content I choose to do isn't as difficult as what you choose to do, it is a very lengthy grind and time spent. I really dislike attitudes like yours. I raided classic through wotlk, and part of the reason I stopped was because of the elitist snot attitudes that developed over freaking pixels.

I do not NEED to have gear that resembles raid gear or even the same ilvl, I realize this and I get it, and I agree with it, but gear is not only a tool, it is an incentive and a goal to shoot for, and if casual people are willing to do the long !@#$ grind that so many of you raiders whine about doing, they should get rewarded for it and they should get gear upgrades for it.

If people like doing dailys, questing and storylines like Operation: Stormshield and are willing to do that for their end game, why are they scrubs or wanting something handed to them?

Raiders wil always have the best shinies anyway, what is the big deal?

I wish people would just play this game, do what they do, and quit judging others for the content they choose to do. Blizz sets the playing field and the rewards, the players choose which content to pursue to get the rewards they want.

End of story.

You do realize raiders do that !@#$ grind as well because most raiders need the gear as well from the grinds, also I wasn't even referring to you, the person I was referring to didn't even raid lfr so it would be throwing gear at them. Spending endless hours wiping on top of the regular grind most raiders do does give them the right to get better gear, I started off casual in mop and just got back into raiding. The game is about personal progression (getting better at your class, gearing up, finding equally skilled partners, etc.) MMOs aren't meant to be solo grind games. LFR tier drops 502 item level gear which is more than enough for solo progression and even better for raid progression, if somebody wants to be casual its their choice but you can't blame raiders for having an elitist point of view just because they like to raid on top of the regular grinds most people are meant to perform.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Just wanted to add a huge thank you for this. My alts don't have rep for valor gear and wiping it out would have set me back even more. This is excellent!

Would love to see MOP move towards a more alt-friendly gearing path. Even with the commendations, time is limited for some of us and grinding out that rep again isn't attractive. Still appreciate the concessions nonetheless. Cheers!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]