(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Chuck Norris approves!
Edited by Chaoslotus on 2/14/2013 12:11 PM PST
100 Orc Death Knight
yet my conquest is being taken. nice.
100 Orc Death Knight
02/14/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Sampson
Because PvP gear isn't gated behind reputation walls.

neither is raid gear...that you get from raids AN lfr. so that is 3 sorces to get geared when pvpers have only a couple
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Zarhym
Given that PvE and PvP currencies function quite a bit differently, Conquest will still convert to Honor and Honor to gold as previously discussed.

So ... use it or lose it on the Honor? That's a bit disappointing, but I guess forewarned is forearmed.
90 Gnome Mage
I believe it won't affect Pt.2 of that quest line, the number of valor isn't changing. So far I really like the changes.
100 Draenei Paladin
TY!! Much appreciated.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Did anyone else have that song, You can leave your hat on...run through their mind when they saw the title?

Just me huh...
74 Pandaren Monk
One suggestion on Valor, Since all raids are on the weekly cooldown, and since the devs want us out in the world, why not give a few valor points for old raids? Many of us do them for fun or transmogging, and it would be nice to get a few valor points as well.
90 Orc Warrior
AWWW I already spent a ton of valor :(

You're lucky it's February Break and I have a whole week to spend gaining it back ;)

Thanks Blizz! :D (Really, even though I have no valor left I am happy)
96 Blood Elf Paladin
Yay!!! I'm happier than a gnome running on grass! xD
Edited by Tiriondus on 2/14/2013 4:29 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
But what about the item upgrade NPC's? Why not just keep them instead of constantly trying to kill the raid bosses for good loot?
100 Dwarf Hunter
Thank you Blizzard.

I'm a slow-earning casual and only had just brought my first valor item. For me, getting enough valor to buy each item is an effort in patience, because I don't have time to grind it out each week.

Sitting at 220 valor-ish, I figured I was going to be lucky to get another piece in by 5.2, and it would only be compounded by the possibility that I could have potentially even got very close and then had the patch drop, leaving a lot of effort fruitless and me a sad bunny.

One of the great things about WoW is that, taking it at ones own pace, someone like me can usually see almost everything eventually (even if I'm not at the top of the gear curve). Making changes like converting my valor to justice every couple of patches would definitely be a significant detriment to me. I'm all for (and fully understand) the conversion in between expansions - but please keep it for those moments only.

02/12/2013 08:40 PMPosted by Pipchaos
We’d love to hear your feedback about this change, and how you’re planning to earn, save, and spend Valor before the patch releases.

You can't go right out and buy anything new on day one if it requires reputation first. Even if you could, the most you could purchase was one piece. You can only buy reduced cost items, if you have the reputation for them, which are now inferior.

The only people that don't have these items already are likely casual players. Casual players that take forever to earn valor.

This change is the most rational thing I've seen in a long while. Why take valor that took some people months to acquire, or others 3 weeks, only to prevent them from buying old gear they need to access the new content.

EDIT: saw this post - it strikes me as very rational, and explains why probably the people most affected by this change would have been people like me.
Edited by Goldenaxe on 2/14/2013 5:53 PM PST
90 Troll Priest
Sweet, thanks blizz thought I couldn't stack up valor but this means hopefully I can keep a good gear curve over my rival dps int he guild.
90 Troll Priest
correct 1000 valor a week, 3000 cap means probably 3 weeks after next tuesday.
90 Draenei Paladin
yeah
90 Draenei Paladin
seems more like soon like a week
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Zarhym
and the LFR version has an ilvl-480 requirement, meaning you can’t hoard Valor on a brand new 90 and jump straight to the best stuff.

I'm sure you mean well, but what you really just said there is: You need to already have good gear in order to get good gear.
It is a nice idea in theory to let the valor gear be a reward for raiding, but the reality is valor gear is the stuff you need to work towards in order to go raiding. If you are going to make such requirements, then their needs to be a lower tier of gear that can be won just through instance grinding. like you had in cataclysm, but an actual complete set. It is a bit ridiculous that the lowest tier of gear requires you to have items that only drop in heroic raids.
90 Gnome Mage
I didn't actually look here in time to panic, but I'm super relieved we can keep our valor. I have a lot of alts with about 500-800 valor each. They are just waiting on a couple valor items before they can get into lfr. It took a long time for me to get that valor (almost all through dailies with a couple scenarios), but of course I haven't spent it on anything yet and that would have been just a complete and utter waste for me. At 5 valor per daily, 2250 valor is a lot of dailies. All that work for nothing! This was a really close call. It would have been crushing to those of us who were just slowly accumulating valor because we don't have a lot of time to play. I feel bad for anyone who went ahead and spent their valor. And you can't say oh just go ahead and cap again before the patch because that's ridiculous for a lot of people, especially if someone hates dungeons. I sincerely hope you never consider this type of prank again.
90 Orc Warlock
I'm sure you mean well, but what you really just said there is: You need to already have good gear in order to get good gear.
It is a nice idea in theory to let the valor gear be a reward for raiding, but the reality is valor gear is the stuff you need to work towards in order to go raiding. If you are going to make such requirements, then their needs to be a lower tier of gear that can be won just through instance grinding. like you had in cataclysm, but an actual complete set. It is a bit ridiculous that the lowest tier of gear requires you to have items that only drop in heroic raids.

This is exactly what they are trying to avoid. Like, 100% exactly what you said. They don't want people to hit 90 and spend a few hours in a couple of faceroll instances and be raid ready. They want everyone to at least experience the first tier of content a few times.

And what do you mean by that last statement? I honestly don't understand it. All you're going to have to do is grind out a couple of weeks in 5.0 LFR and pick up a few cheap old Valor pieces, and you'll have the 480 requirement to queue for 5.2 LFR.

They've said many times now, Valor gear is a supplement to the gear that drops in raids to offset drop RNG.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]