5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Warrior
02/12/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Kungjo
If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)

I'm guessing this means the patch is at least three weeks away instead of the two weeks that was mentioned as the target in yesterday's update?

"Of course we don’t tend to give out patch release dates ahead of time, because things can slip, but right now we’re targeting the last week of February."

Something slipped. Let's QQ k?
90 Worgen Warlock
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for this change. I'm currently trying to focus on gearing up this lock, but I have managed to accrue a bit of valor on a few of my alts and being able to keep the valor I slowly but surely gathered on them makes me positively elated. HUZZAH.
Thank you Blizzard.
90 Human Priest
GEE thanks for changing ur mind at the last minute. can i get a refund on all the valor i just blew on useless upgrades? ....frikkin....... ugh.... thanks for changing it. but middle finger for changing it last minute
90 Pandaren Shaman
Remove the weekly valor cap so I can gear faster....or at least double the cap. Make LFR lock-outs daily, like heroics, not weekly, since you dumbed everything down and now LFR is the new 'heroic'.

You can keep your stupid failbags, too. If you're not going to give me a loot drop then give me valor, otherwise I'd rather get nothing. I have better ways of earning 28g, thanks.
Edited by Shangjiao on 2/14/2013 11:50 PM PST
92 Gnome Warlock
The amount of "How dare you listen to our feedback and give us what we want" in this thread would be hilarious if it weren't so god damned predictable.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Blizzard is counting the week of launch as well because if you look at it. If you go into Throne of Thunder with 3000 valor and lets say you kill 3 bosses(hypothetical some guilds may do it that easily or not) you just earned a small amount of valor that you wont be able to use because you are already at valor cap and because you actually have to go into the raid to actually get the rep for valor pieces. I mean it's always a possibility that they aren't counting that week and they did push it back another week but my speculation is that it will be the around the end of February like they said.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Remove the weekly valor cap so I can gear faster....or at least double the cap. Make LFR lock-outs daily, like heroics, not weekly, since you dumbed everything down and now LFR is the new 'heroic'.

You can keep your stupid failbags, too. If you're not going to give me a loot drop then give me valor, otherwise I'd rather get nothing. I have better ways of earning 28g, thanks.

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read anyone say. Ever. Good lord I hope this is sarcasm.
90 Pandaren Warrior
02/14/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Blaine
GEE thanks for changing ur mind at the last minute. can i get a refund on all the valor i just blew on useless upgrades? ....frikkin....... ugh.... thanks for changing it. but middle finger for changing it last minute

"If you’ve already made plans and sunk your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)"

Some people don't read entire posts. I understand.
90 Human Paladin
02/15/2013 05:18 AMPosted by Gracewing

"If you’ve already made plans and sunk your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)"

Some people don't have umpteen hours to play each week to cap their valor and got duped into spending their valor they saved over months when blizzard insisted we should spend it within two weeks.
90 Blood Elf Priest

Some people don't have umpteen hours to play each week to cap their valor and got duped into spending their valor they saved over months when blizzard insisted we should spend it within two weeks.

What game are you playing? It does not take that long to valor cap a couple days of dailies if you do all of them and if you don't do them all you can still get vp capped over the course of 7 days.
Edited by Sartheos on 2/15/2013 5:42 AM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/15/2013 05:00 AMPosted by Sartheos
This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read anyone say. Ever. Good lord I hope this is sarcasm.

Your troll is obvious and weak, I give it a 1 for effort though.
90 Human Paladin

What game are you playing? It does not take that long to valor cap a couple days of dailies if you do ALL of them and if you don't do them all you can still get vp capped over the course of 7 days.

Thank you for making my point. Between raiding, getting my farms planted, managing auctions and crafting, I am already talking 2hrs/day of play on average. Yes, I am playing the game I want to play, but isn't that what Blizzard wants us to do? Or shall we have the dailies is required/not required argument all over again? The point is, for those not doing dailies, valor is a precious currency, and the inconsistent information we got from Blizz community managers led many of us to squander our valor. I am not asking for a refund, just an acknowledgement of the screw-up and an apology would be nice.
Edited by Turand on 2/15/2013 7:28 AM PST
90 Orc Shaman

What game are you playing? It does not take that long to valor cap a couple days of dailies if you do ALL of them and if you don't do them all you can still get vp capped over the course of 7 days.

Thank you for making my point. Between raiding, getting my farms planted, managing auctions and crafting, I am already talking 2hrs/day of play on average. Yes, I am playing the game I want to play, but isn't that what Blizzard wants us to do? Or shall we have the dailies is required/not required argument all over again? The point is, for those not doing dailies, valor is a precious currency, and the inconsistent information we got from Blizz community managers led many of us to squander our valor. I am not asking for a refund, just an acknowledgement of the screw-up and an apology would be nice.

Hold it. Are you actually putting in your farm as an example of something that takes a significant amount of time?

Also, raiding gets you Valor.

Ok, look. It isn't a screw-up if Blizzard decides to do what they've done in past patches for years and then decides, BASED ON FEEDBACK AND SYSTEM TWEAKS, to alter what they've done in past patches for years. It's a bonus.

Next time be smarter about your Valor usage. There was no need to dump it all this week, anyway.

Oh, might I add that this announcement came like a day after the other one. That's right. All of you went and blew Valor in a single day when you had at least 2 weeks before needing to spend it. In other words, the guy who screwed up.. it's you.
Edited by Hyjinx on 2/15/2013 8:19 AM PST
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Ok, then by this math of 0 to 3000 we have 3 weeks from when you posted this to cap? Which means the patch is coming out on March 5th or later?
100 Human Mage
Indeed I think it's great we can keep VP o/h as the patch drops. Fits my strategy just fine... and by that I mean on hearing item upgrades are not in 5.2, I'm on an upgrade tear. First both my trinkets as they really fit my spec to a T. Then my one tier piece and I don't know for sure I'll get it to #2 unless the drop comes the frost week in March. Whatever I have left goes to cheaper gear I still can use...
90 Blood Elf Warlock
They don't want people to hit 90 and spend a few hours in a couple of faceroll instances and be raid ready. They want everyone to at least experience the first tier of content a few times.

And what do you mean by that last statement? I honestly don't understand it. All you're going to have to do is grind out a couple of weeks in 5.0 LFR and pick up a few cheap old Valor pieces, and you'll have the 480 requirement to queue for 5.2 LFR.

They've said many times now, Valor gear is a supplement to the gear that drops in raids to offset drop RNG.

But that is how it is supposed to be how it works. You run regulars until you have enough justice gear to run heroics. then you run heroics until you have enough valor to get the lowest tier of valor gear, so you can queue for LFR.

Valor gear being a supplement only works if there are whole sets of drops available. Spending 3 months grinding heroics and still having the same crappy green shoulders is not working. They need to fill out the gear drops, and make sure that the available valor gear does fill in the gaps.
The idea works, the execution was just bad.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I applaud this.

However, I gave up doing dailies for some time now; This is because I thought the valor would be pointless.

So Lol on me?

I was considering maybe getting the valor to upgrade this bp, but now I'll do the dailies instead and buy the rest of this set (discounted, which will be nice ;) )

I never cap anyway, just don't have the interest in this game that much now. I'm amazed at how much better stuff like Dragon's Dogma is on the xbox 360, though unfortunately such things "end." Currently, I'm messing around in it again in preparation for the "DLC/NonDLC Xfer over your save game" new game/nonexpansion/expansion thing (they did not have "hooks" in the original, never dreaming it would be the huge success it was.(So this "addon" is essentially the full game again, with the new area (great time for a new user to get dragon's dogma dark arisen, while current save game players get a bonus of some outfits/rift points/perm ferrystone.))
90 Orc Warlock
02/14/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Blaine

You still have time to cap Valor before patch. If anything, holding onto that Valor would've been effectively wasting cap space. Unless you just wanted to cap at 3k and take a week off before 5.2.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]