5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk

Ok, but yet again, this was announced like a day after the original post saying you were going to lose it.

You had 2+ weeks. Why dump it all in 1 day?

Furthermore, if you had been paying attention the past couple years, Blizzard had always converted Valor on patches. Therefore you shouldn't have been expecting to be able to keep it and should have been spending it all anyway. There shouldn't have been any drastic change in your use of Valor when the original announcement came down.

Do you really not understand the point and frustration or are you arguing just for the sake of arguing?

I know that the history has always been to convert Valor to Justice Points. This is why many of us quickly spent our valor points on whatever we could, because we didn't want to lose it. Again, had we known that points wouldn't be converted this time around we wouldn't have purchased anything and would have continued to save for the items we really wanted.

There was no way to know this before this announcement. As you already know it's been standard policy before to kill off valor points in our currency bag because of how things worked before. It took some time of people complaining about that doesn't make sense now because of everything being locked behind reputations... something blizz didn't think about at first, but fortunately they've listened to the playerbase who did think about that.

Besides, it'll probably be 3 or 4 weeks before 5.2 goes live anyway... start saving up those valor points.

Another besides: had you not spent that valor, and the character(s) are regularly played, you'd ended up losing valor because of sitting at the 3000 cap. So you've got something out of that pile of valor you had, and you can save up another pile before 5.2 goes live

relax, slow down, and enjoy :)
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm glad we get to keep our hard earned valor. I Look forward to 5.2 coming.
Edited by Lucidity on 2/17/2013 12:47 AM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
Why does the mass majority always have something to complain about ? Look at the player base, look at the size of the game. Impossible to make every single person happy. For those pissing and moaning about having to much to do and this and that and, to sum up your complaints "Had me !@#$ I don't wanna have to work to hard for it." Go back to PS2 and play the Final Fantasys by yourself. If it was so easy to be on par with the rest of, well, everyone, what would be the point in the game? To play casually? You can do that anyways, you just won't have as good as gear as people who play all the time. The people who are playing the hell out of it, should have better gear etc then you, for their effort and time. Don't wanna do that? Don't complain, you can still enjoy the game.
90 Draenei Warrior
I don't like this change at all, I prefer the old way of conversion.

Stop changing the game like this, it's a bad change and you should feel bad.

I'm already bored enough having every profession maxed and multiple 90s already, now you're just cutting out more for me to do, I'm going to cap and just sit around doing nothing until the patch and the new dailies.. WAY too casual now.

I guess I'll continue to sit in town, doing nothing, thanks for making my playtime even more boring.
90 Draenei Death Knight
And the Sha of Happiness was with Azeroth once again...
90 Pandaren Hunter
Good Thanks!
90 Human Warrior

I'm already bored enough having every profession maxed and multiple 90s already, now you're just cutting out more for me to do, I'm going to cap and just sit around doing nothing until the patch and the new dailies.. WAY too casual now.

I guess I'll continue to sit in town, doing nothing, thanks for making my playtime even more boring.

Why should they feel bad? This change was actually good. It's hardly too casual.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Vox
Sometimes I don't know what to do with my hands.
90 Orc Shaman

Ok, but yet again, this was announced like a day after the original post saying you were going to lose it.

You had 2+ weeks. Why dump it all in 1 day?

Furthermore, if you had been paying attention the past couple years, Blizzard had always converted Valor on patches. Therefore you shouldn't have been expecting to be able to keep it and should have been spending it all anyway. There shouldn't have been any drastic change in your use of Valor when the original announcement came down.

Do you really not understand the point and frustration or are you arguing just for the sake of arguing?

I know that the history has always been to convert Valor to Justice Points. This is why many of us quickly spent our valor points on whatever we could, because we didn't want to lose it. Again, had we known that points wouldn't be converted this time around we wouldn't have purchased anything and would have continued to save for the items we really wanted.

That doesn't make any sense.

Why would you "quickly" spend the Valor? You knew you had AT LEAST 2 weeks, so there was no reason for you to dump it this soon, unless you were capped, and even then there was no reason to dump ALL OF IT. The most costly Valor item is 2250, so having advance notice of 2 weeks until the patch was plenty of time for you to get any item you wanted if you were already working toward one.

Also, it's not like this change was hiding in the wings. Blizzard didn't go "Oh hey let's announce we're converting Valor.. and then right after that announce we're not converting it. That'll screw 'em over good." They announced their normal conversion, people gave them feedback, they reconsidered and then almost immediately made the announcement. They gave you as much notice as possible.

Quite frankly, it's not their fault you were dumb about your Valor points. Stop making weak excuses and stop complaining about a bonus.
90 Undead Warlock
I fail to see what people are complaining about. YOU as the player made the choice to dump your Valor THIS EARLY. All the crap is going to take time to grind the rep anyway, a MINIMUM of a week. So you can spend your Valor now and, by the time the patch comes out, you can be capped again and ready to get to exalted with these reputations, and then spend your Valor again. Quit FINDING things to complain about.

As for you, I'm going to assume you started playing this game because you heard that big fluffy pandas were going to be apart of it. Last I checked, no new Heroic Dungeons are being added. And again, last time I checked, Wrath of the Lick King and Cataclysm had Heroic dungeons that made this game casual by giving out free Epic quality items.

World of Warcraft is far from Casual right now, in both the PvE and the PvP aspects. I haven't had to coordinate a fight with another tank in years. I used to just sit there, occasionally say "Taunt." and move on with my life for boss fights. Coming into WoW again after Mists of Pandaria's release was eye opening for me that Blizzard could actually make the game fun, and challenging again.

To the point, during Wrath of the Lich King, the release of Icecrown Citadel brought forth three new Heroic Level 80 Dungeons, that dropped 232-245 item level Gear based on Normal or Heroic Difficulty. 245 Items were the minimum to enter Icecrown Citadel.

While Cataclysm's release of the Dragon Soul raid brought forth yet again, Three new Heroic Level 85 Dungeons. Dropping Item Level 378 items, also the minimum recommendation for entering Dragon Soul.

While both Icecrown Citadel and Dragon Soul were originally fairly difficult for your average group, the groups that excelled and downed bosses got better and better loot, and Blizzard continuously made the raids easier.

Don't call Mists of Pandaria "Casual" until you know what the damn bloody hell you're talking about.

~Dotvader Out~
Edited by Dotvader on 2/17/2013 10:08 PM PST
90 Goblin Mage
What I want to know is what we're going to do about Justice points besides using them as toiletries after !@#$ting. I find it doubtful anyone will be buying 458 ilvl gear when competing with the 522 raiding gear. I have an alt who just hit 90 and I don't use Justice points for gear but to upgrade but since they're doing away with that I just find it useless to even run dungeons. I know they're bumping up the valor gained via dungeons but still seems dull.

I liked the troll heroics because they encouraged speed so not only do you get extra rewards but you can valor cap faster. Often times I find myself in a run with someone, or couple of people, that I can out dps meleeing NPCs as a mage. These excruciating times make 80 valor hardly worth it but i think they're bumping it up to 100 for the first dungeon of the day. Still I wouldn't run it.

I stopped valor capping after the Wrathion questline and I don't see myself doing it anymore now that they're getting rid of upgrades. I guess I'll be logging on for raids and then off again lol
90 Worgen Death Knight
02/18/2013 03:42 AMPosted by Pänic
What I want to know is what we're going to do about Justice points

Spend them on some of the sexier older tiers and/or battle pet stones
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/15/2013 07:13 AMPosted by Shangjiao
This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read anyone say. Ever. Good lord I hope this is sarcasm.

Your troll is obvious and weak, I give it a 1 for effort though.

The funny thing is, I wasn't even trolling. I'm just pointing out your stupidity. Which for a little bit I thought couldn't get any worse but you proved me wrong. So congratulations on exceeding the expectations of becoming a genuine idiot.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
thank you way kool ;~)
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm glad to read this. But either way I'm trying to crank out some Valor in the next 2 weeks because one way or another I need better chest and shoulder gear at the very least.
90 Undead Rogue
They did state that it might not be on the last week of Feb.

Just saying.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks xoxo
90 Night Elf Druid
This makes think I should save 3K VP with one item at neutral (1st week for everyone) and 3 items at friendly (1st week for normal raiders; 2nd week for LFRers). Can you provide some additional clarification?
90 Draenei Paladin
like the VP staying the way it is. if you've got JP there are still some starter items from factions to get you rolling. looking foward to the next patch and finding a nice raid group. as a tank fairly well geared it should not be a problem to get to the next upgrade gear. anyone on my realm feel free to contact me.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]