5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

(Locked)

90 Tauren Warrior
let me get this right ...from what I read you will have to work harder for raid gear...Im for that..but you can still outkill others with the cheep pvp gear? how is this going to be fair for the raiders?

at this point in time you can go into a normal raid with pvp gear and out due a pve geared toon.

and blizz thinks this is good thing?
i am so glad your not taking away the valor... it takes weeks to build up... and was upset i was going to loose them again....
90 Goblin Hunter
What about the people that do not raid or can only do it like once a month if they have the spare time? There is more to the game then pushing raids, or there should be imo (and it maybe the minority and I am fine with that).

I know the best gear is raid only or even raid recipe based, but the mats for the recipes require raiding (disenchanting the gear in hopes of gettign the right mats) or a boatload of money to buy off the AH. I'm not asking for handouts on gear, but what about going back to a system like you had in LK were you could buy various tier sets using your currencies from dungeons and not requiring tokens? Even if one piece required a full 3k to get, it woudl be nice to see my character in more current teir gear and not when I can go back and solo the stuff.

Or at least make a subpar set that one can farm off dungeons and scenarios. Having to raid to gear up, and sure one can make an argument that if you don't raid you don't need teh best gear, isn't something that sounds fair. Yes, its been like this since vanilla, but there have been other methods to get tier sets like I previously mentioned. :-)
Edited by Yodathehulk on 2/18/2013 8:27 PM PST
77 Undead Priest
OMG Now my hunter can slowly gear up through dailies in peace. Thank you Blizz!
90 Night Elf Hunter
they are locked behind rep so having 3k vp with no rep where you going to spend it?
90 Undead Hunter
Thank you very much Blizzard! <3

You came through.
90 Tauren Druid
All that work on so many toons to get honor for boa's... thanks guys. sounds like a crap sandwich for me as I've never raided yet and love low level pvping. not trying to put a bad spin on it for everyone else who's enjoying it, just stating how it affects me. I'm sure I'm not alone.
Edited by Porcupinegt on 2/19/2013 1:20 AM PST
90 Pandaren Hunter
so i have to wait another week for 5.2 so scrubs can buy the crappy vendor gear?

thanks! MAKE IT MORE CASUAL EVERY DAY.
85 Troll Druid
sick :D
90 Worgen Warlock

getting to Friendly is (I believe) essentially just a single boss kill. It ramps up from there obviously, but you will have stuff to spend Valor on pretty quickly.

Could a blue please clarify this information? On the PTR a boss only gives 300 rep currently. Is it going to work differently on live? Such as once you kill one boss you can get rep from trash up to friendly? If 1 boss gets us to friendly, then assuming we can kill all the normal mode bosses the first week, could we hit honored?
86 Tauren Druid
thers lots of rep gear thats 489 and you can upgrade that to 493 and im not sure if you kill sha or not but he drops tier 496 gloves and pants
90 Blood Elf Priest
Much appreciated from an alt heavy player.
90 Tauren Paladin
Cool so if you just started playing wow again you have ZERO CHANCE to raid any of the new content because you will not be able to aquire any of the new gear since you are going to be so far behind nobody will let you into a raid.. THANKS i will be cancelling my subscription once again ty for being so SMART blizzard...
Edited by Badabayb on 2/19/2013 3:50 PM PST
Yes will certainly help alts. Won't give me back the time I invested cramming the love boss and dailies for rep to creep vp to a point where I could spend on something rather than being converted to useless JPs
90 Human Paladin
There was no announced patch date. Bashiok simply said yesterday morning that "[url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8608452/Preparing_to_Kill_a_King_-_Updated-2_11_2013"]we’re targeting the last week of February.[/url]"

Check out [url="https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/301521729644273664"]his tweet[/url] from today on the subject. :)

Edit: so... patch is not in late feb like was announced? The hell is going on?

I win. Told you all.
90 Worgen Warrior
Can we just remove JP/VP, remove hardmodes and bring the game back to BC like the good old days?
Edited by War on 2/19/2013 4:22 PM PST
I've been with wow since bc also

I fear that the balance has turned from raids being virtually unknown in BC where I had the most fun to the norm in Mists, where instances will become unknown.

I miss the old days were we would have to prequest between instances; something to do between guild weekly groups. New content every week & maybe got a bit of the back story from the prequests.

There’s nothing to stop a hardcore raiders occasionally droping into lfg for a hit and giggle and spoiling it for others just doing instances. Their dps is huge. I don’t get why there is a need for raid gear to be so much better; it would make sense to be to have lfg = lfr in terms of gear quality so the same base could do both without trivializing one over the other.

No I don't raid; was not that interested in doing the same thing week after week in the limited time I had. I understand the appeal but not for me. With this patch looking like it was originally designed so that there wasn't going to be anything in it for non raiders, not sure I'll be in it much longer
90 Orc Shaman
What about the people that do not raid or can only do it like once a month if they have the spare time? There is more to the game then pushing raids, or there should be imo (and it maybe the minority and I am fine with that).

I know the best gear is raid only or even raid recipe based, but the mats for the recipes require raiding (disenchanting the gear in hopes of gettign the right mats) or a boatload of money to buy off the AH. I'm not asking for handouts on gear, but what about going back to a system like you had in LK were you could buy various tier sets using your currencies from dungeons and not requiring tokens? Even if one piece required a full 3k to get, it woudl be nice to see my character in more current teir gear and not when I can go back and solo the stuff.

They made it so tier gear separates the raiders from you guys that don't do it.

Besides, if you aren't raiding, why do you need it?

02/19/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Moneyspender
There’s nothing to stop a hardcore raiders occasionally droping into lfg for a hit and giggle and spoiling it for others just doing instances. Their dps is huge. I don’t get why there is a need for raid gear to be so much better; it would make sense to be to have lfg = lfr in terms of gear quality so the same base could do both without trivializing one over the other.

Wait. You're actually complaining that a geared character stepping into the dungeon makes the dungeon easier and faster? Wow.

Also, if LFG = LFR, then you have in fact trivialized LFR. Why should I wait in a queue for a half hour when I can wait in a queue for like 8 minutes, if the rewards are equal? Why should I spent a half hour to an hour inside LFR killing raid bosses, if I can blow through a 5 man instance and get the same look in 10 minutes?

02/19/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Moneyspender
No I don't raid; was not that interested in doing the same thing week after week in the limited time I had. I understand the appeal but not for me. With this patch looking like it was originally designed so that there wasn't going to be anything in it for non raiders, not sure I'll be in it much longer

Yet somehow doing dungeons week after week - or day after day - is appealing to you? Not seeing it.
02/19/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Hyjinx
Besides, if you aren't raiding, why do you need it?

Wait. You're actually complaining that a geared character stepping into the dungeon makes the dungeon easier and faster? Wow.

I don't need or want better gear. I get that raiders need to get valor capped. Is blitzing an instance using the character skill to overcome a challenge? Are you considerate in thinking you 'helped' the LFG team or just after your vp and they can like it or lump it?

Yet somehow doing dungeons week after week - or day after day - is appealing to you? Not seeing it.

Clearly not.
90 Draenei Shaman
People please understand that as of yet according to Blizz notes and such there has been no mention at all of a release date for the new patch. Most ppl are saying Tues Feb 26th because of what many have read from other sites that ARE NOT BLIZZARD. So you would assume Blizz would know when they intend to release the patch and set a date. So please ppl unless it is a actual Blizz blue or note on a release date do not trust the other sites .
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]