5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

(Locked)

90 Orc Shaman
02/19/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Moneyspender
I don't need or want better gear. I get that raiders need to get valor capped. Is blitzing an instance using the character skill to overcome a challenge? Are you considerate in thinking you 'helped' the LFG team or just after your vp and they can like it or lump it?

Blitzing the instance means I've surpassed the skill necessary to do it. Well, assuming the instances were a challenge in the first place, which they aren't.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lol, I'm certainly not achievement point capped... but there are ppl with no pvp achievements and are still friendly with GL complaining about the patch? Seriously?

I mean wtf do you do that you can't wait for this patch....
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd love to say I'm surprised but I'm not. Just another example of the developer's playing favoritism to PvE players vs PvP players. There is no real excuse for them to be keeping the valor pts as valor..they can always change the item costs the way it did in the past but whatever.

The part that upsets me and i know lots of other PvP players is the unequal treatment we take. So now in 5.2 there will NOT be a justice points cap yet for honor points they are keeping the honor cap. Makes sense? I think not.

I'm very cool with them changing Conquest pts to honor pts, that makes sense..so people cant have the best gear right off the bat, but the whole remodeling of the pvp system in 5.2 is so that people can catch up mid season with new toons or alts.

So instead of my conquest turning into honor pts allowing me to get more pvp gear off the launch to catch up faster...its going to turn into useless gold. I'm bothered greatly by that. I don't need gold..I need gear.

Blizz developers need a wake up call and actually start to think things out more. They say they are making changes to do one thing..then make other changes that hinder the previously stated.

PvP players are people too, and deserve the same consideration as you obviously give to PvE.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
...so what youre saying is I still need to rep grind my alts to get last-tier gear instead of being able to justice grind it out.

Awesome, blizzard, and this is why I'm leaving.
90 Goblin Mage
02/18/2013 04:48 AMPosted by Níghtmare
What I want to know is what we're going to do about Justice points

Spend them on some of the sexier older tiers and/or battle pet stones

Ew, eff that.... I guess I'll just have to outside and have real pet battles.... /sigh
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Zarhym
this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live

so we have 3 weeks still ? can only get 1000 valor per week.

thought the patch was coming end of the month..? thats only 2 weeks from when this post was made.

Nice math bro
90 Undead Hunter
I am having a happy day now.
But I hope there's no rep requirements for the valor stuff. I:
90 Worgen Hunter
Pay attention. They said the 26th was their target date. It wasn't set in stone. And by the looks of all the bugs in PTR, I really wouldn't be surprised if the patch comes out in the middle of March, or later.
90 Draenei Shaman
...so what youre saying is I still need to rep grind my alts to get last-tier gear instead of being able to justice grind it out.

Awesome, blizzard, and this is why I'm leaving.

Oh man you actually have to work for gear?? you poor poor soul...GTFO
90 Orc Shaman
02/20/2013 07:31 AMPosted by Mmystique
this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live

so we have 3 weeks still ? can only get 1000 valor per week.

thought the patch was coming end of the month..? thats only 2 weeks from when this post was made.

Nice math bro

Are you serious?

The post basically says that the "end of the month" thing is wrong and that there are at least 3 weeks left (at the time of this posting) because otherwise you couldn't max Valor.

There's nothing wrong with his math - the error is in your comprehension skills.
Lol @ all the baddies begging for a cap increase on VP. Learn2WoW.

I am having a happy day now.
But I hope there's no rep requirements for the valor stuff. I:

You're the reason this game is going to !@#$sville.
Edited by Ensodex on 2/20/2013 10:27 AM PST
90 Dwarf Hunter
Oh, thanks Blizz. I had stopped doing dailies altogether and going back to my Loremastering because the only reason to it was to get VP points to get my 496 gear, and LFR wasn't and still isn't the next step.

Happy grinding again for me.
90 Undead Death Knight
02/12/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Beso
omg get rid of the weekly cap PLEASE!!! this is ridiculous...

If they increased, then the more hardcore players would shoot out the starting gate and get way ahead of the rest of the people.

Having the cap where it is makes it just low enough for those of us that tend to cap every week and just high enough for casuals.

Seems to be fine to me. If you're really waiting 3 weeks to upgrade 1 piece..you're doing it wrong :P

In the original post about valor in 5.2 they said "This time around there won’t be a soft cap"
I still want to hear the official ruling on that but it sounds like the 1000 per week thing is gone and only the 3000 hard cap will remain.
11 Draenei Paladin
In the original post about valor in 5.2 they said "This time around there won’t be a soft cap"
I still want to hear the official ruling on that but it sounds like the 1000 per week thing is gone and only the 3000 hard cap will remain.

Lets hope this is the case as the 1000 per week is far to easy to reach and as of this writing I am already capped on my main and it is only Wednesday. While the Valor of the Ancients buff is nice I would like to continue to do dailies on my main for the rest of the week though I won't because I dislike doing anything where I would normally gain valor points and won't because of having already reached the cap.
90 Pandaren Monk
That, combined with 25% less VP cost will make getting greta items a lot easier for those of us who put in the effort each day/week.

The it's just normal/heroic runs to drop better upgrades… sweet!
14 Human Mage
So instead of converting the valor and offering the current valor items for justice points... the current valor items, will still cost valor (in a reduced amount). Well ...justice ie easier to get. Also if it cost justice, that would make the justice points more valuable and useful. Now JP will continue to be useless for gearing up. Now we have to continue to spend valor points on gear instead of doing upgrades. Everythting is still going to cost valor points. What are we all saying thank you for?
90 Orc Shaman
02/20/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Asgedira
So instead of converting the valor and offering the current valor items for justice points... the current valor items, will still cost valor (in a reduced amount). Well ...justice ie easier to get. Also if it cost justice, that would make the justice points more valuable and useful. Now JP will continue to be useless for gearing up. Now we have to continue to spend valor points on gear instead of doing upgrades. Everythting is still going to cost valor points. What are we all saying thank you for?

Uh, you can't do upgrades after the patch anyway. The upgrade NPC is being taken out when 5.2 goes live.

Pay some damned attention.
I was looking for the notes on taking out the upgrades. Are you just taking the NPC away or is upgrades that we have now going back the way they were. Or we get to keep just cant upgrade again until NPC comes back.
90 Tauren Paladin
Thank You Blizz, I was just crying about that to my guild today about that. Now I truly look forward to the new patch.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]