5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

(Locked)

100 Troll Shaman
Ya well i need more gold!
90 Orc Shaman
02/20/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Fealine
I was looking for the notes on taking out the upgrades. Are you just taking the NPC away or is upgrades that we have now going back the way they were. Or we get to keep just cant upgrade again until NPC comes back.

Currently, it's until the NPC comes back.

Although I'd prefer for upgrades to be gone forever.
90 Undead Priest
02/12/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Morbal
One question, what is going to be happening with the Legendary Quest Line Part 2 with the required 6,000 Valor Points? will we still have to collect valor for that or justice points when the patch comes into place? Also, if some sort of tweak is given for this quest line will all previously accumulated valor be kept as part of the progress?

You will still have to collect 6000 valor, the valor cap is 3000 anyways you dont actualy have to save up 6000 valor you can spend it as you wish, you just have to EARN 6000 total after you start the quest.
99 Draenei Paladin
This is good news. Thanks!
90 Human Hunter
so pve gets to keep their valor but pvp'ers cant keep their conquest or honor? nice, nice...
90 Troll Shaman
Still can't buy gear via justice points? I'm not impressed with the changes. So we get to keep 3 weeks worth of valor so that when we get the rep for the items we can buy one piece sooner - big deal. We should be able to buy last tier gear with justice so we can gear up alts at a fairly decent rate. I get that this is their way to artificially keep the old LFR and raids from being abandoned, but to be honest, it's just a lame move overall.

Justice takes longer to farm up than it did in previous expansions so it would still keep us busy for a while for gearing up via justice. We'd also be able to do like before and farm justice for different sets of gear for different specs. But no, not now. I'm surprised so many people are happy with the tiny bone they are getting and aren't upset about not being able to buy gear with justice.
14 Night Elf Hunter
Still can't buy gear via justice points? I'm not impressed with the changes. So we get to keep 3 weeks worth of valor so that when we get the rep for the items we can buy one piece sooner - big deal. We should be able to buy last tier gear with justice so we can gear up alts at a fairly decent rate. I get that this is their way to artificially keep the old LFR and raids from being abandoned, but to be honest, it's just a lame move overall.

Justice takes longer to farm up than it did in previous expansions so it would still keep us busy for a while for gearing up via justice. We'd also be able to do like before and farm justice for different sets of gear for different specs. But no, not now. I'm surprised so many people are happy with the tiny bone they are getting and aren't upset about not being able to buy gear with justice.

Justice is harder to farm then vaolr. You can get valor from dailies, scenarios, heroics, LFR, raids but justice only is given in scenarios (30) and heroics (50 per boss, 5.2 I believe 100). That forces players to playe that content to get faction gear.
90 Troll Shaman

Justice is harder to farm then vaolr. You can get valor from dailies, scenarios, heroics, LFR, raids but justice only is given in scenarios (30) and heroics (50 per boss, 5.2 I believe 100). That forces players to playe that content to get faction gear.

Valor is easier currently, yes. But that will change in 5.2 with the 100 justice per boss. The problem with valor being the gear currency is there's a weekly cap on it. Because of the cap, people will continue to save up for the better items and almost ignore the current gear that you can buy. If you could buy the gear with justice, then the player would have total control on how fast they get the gear and at the same time, put more players in the LFD queue. I have a feeling they will eventually let you buy tier gear with justice, but it will be this tiers gear available... two patches down the road.
90 Orc Shaman
02/22/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Fligmos
then the player would have total control on how fast they get the gear

This is exactly why they didn't do it.
90 Troll Shaman
02/22/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Hyjinx
then the player would have total control on how fast they get the gear

This is exactly why they didn't do it.

Why's that? Because letting players have a choice in how they gear up and how fast is a bad thing? Will there be some players that grind it out in a few days? Yes - there's no doubt about it. However many players don't have 12 hours a day to spend in the game and can't do that. For these players, it keeps the carrot on the stick for them because it's something they can achieve and it doesn't feel like it's so difficult. For these players, gearing up would still take a while, however it won't feel like such a big feat to gear up not only their mains, but also their alts. I really see no downside to it. Why should the majority suffer because the few that are out there that spend all day playing the game?
100 Night Elf Druid
WTF!!

I wish they'd just muck up things for the 90s. Or even better, require you to spend XXXX valor or justice to unlock the new 'tier' or 'downgrade' rather than shotgun every single characters' accumulation.

I have alts that are near sixty and seventy and eighty that get affected by these sweeping changes.

To people who avoid spoilers and also level slowly, this is going to be shocking.

Edit: I'm really bummed about the Honor and Justice getting wiped on all my alts.
Edited by Muddybuddy on 2/22/2013 8:37 AM PST
100 Draenei Shaman
All the money blizz makes and your in a "Dim" room? =o I AM SHOCKED

oh and thats good news =D
100 Night Elf Druid
I really prefer PVE, because I like the particular story line of MOP. I had stopped playing for awhile because dungeon runs and raids became unpleasant because of rude and obnoxious players. It was refreshing that I could raise my gear level through dailies and questing. I really liked getting an epic item at the end of a quest line. I have always thought that upgrading gear would be a better option than the constant replacement and I was glad to see it implemented but it doesn't go far enough. I think it would be better to receive some type of token in raids and dungeons to upgrade current gear that way rewards is applicable to all players. I'm just afraid that this new patch will lead to raid grinding and I can't be chained to my computer for hours non stop like in the past that is not fun. I can now quest and progress at my leisure and it looks like that will be diminished rather than expanded. The game is tailored for the obsessive player even though we all pay the same. I also think that alchemy gets short changed compared to all other professions. One blue trinket isn't enough and we had an exclusive never ending potion in Cata but nothing in MOP. What is up?
100 Night Elf Priest
wow what a shame....Blizzard you consistantly fail, almost as much as ole failacitas here. I don't understand how this is good? how does it even make a difference in terms of keeping your valor? you buy out dated gear with end game currency, or you wait what I would think is 3-6 weeks after 5.2 to get rep with the new factions to buy the new valor gear. Alts won't be buying gear for JP (which may be just as dificult to grind out as valor, but at least you could use the combination of valor and JP to buy passable gear.) with the current valor system it takes about 20 instances to valor cap, vs the 7 instances it used to take to valor cap in the previous expansion.(1 heroic per day) still at least twice as much time per character as it took in wrath. so even if you have 3 alts that you enjoy playing, it will take you 60 instances per week to valor cap. (would take about the same amount of time played to cap if you used a combination of LFR and instances) so really all this means is.. its going to take you forever to gear out alts, just delete them and work on your main, because that alone with take up ALL of your time. (what is even more sad is, all these guys in greens and blues, saying "HURAYy"not realizing of course that all it really means is you can't buy epics with justice.)
Edited by Felicitas on 2/22/2013 1:34 PM PST
90 Human Death Knight
does anyone know how much gold u can xfer with a toon
94 Blood Elf Paladin
How do pve and pve currencies function quite differently so much that pvp players cant keep any conquest but whiny raiders get to keep their currency. I thought it was bad enough that we were getting screwed by getting 35s per honor point as opposed to the 47 per justice point, now this!!
90 Night Elf Death Knight
So were dose my Conquest points go? I have 3750, dose it just go away. If it dose I am going to be a bit up set. And by go away i mean like poofff..... gone no justice no honor just gone.

Please if any body could tell me how this works I am all ear

xD
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I also did not read any comments past page one so if some one did bring it up i did not look at it
90 Undead Priest
This is ridiculous. I've purposely not tried to get valor the last two weeks because I thought it would get converted. This is why Blizz pisses me off sometimes. /rage
100 Tauren Death Knight
I am pretty sure you can buy iLvl 450 gear with Justice Points?

And if it hasn't changed, they're planning on having overflow Valor Points become Justice Points (so if you get 1500 Valor in a week, it becomes 1000 Valor and 500 Justice Points).
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]