5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Priest
Thank you blizz!
90 Pandaren Priest
02/25/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Loratabb
Valor is still worthless unless your a slave to dailys. I have valor on toons i cant even use. Thanks blizz

I did dailys until i hit exalted with everyone.

Took me an hour and a half each day.

DEM SHACKLES OF SLAVERY AMIRITE!?
90 Human Death Knight
02/25/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Loratabb
Valor is still worthless unless your a slave to dailys. I have valor on toons i cant even use. Thanks blizz

Valor isn't going to be worthless next patch. You will be getting 50% off in valor points gear that was introduced in patch 5.0. The gear is at a good 489 ilvl. It will help you gear up. My plan for patch 5.2 is to stick with the Golden Lotus dailies, and Kirin tor dailies. If you want some extra gear, you can go ahead and do Shado-pan dailies as well. Kirin tor dailies will get you even better gear with higher ilvl once you get exalted. When you get revered you can also get the item that raises your rep gained with the faction by 100%, that will make it much easier to do dailies.

Valor is gonna be worth it next patch.
Edited by Noctredors on 2/25/2013 8:14 PM PST
Whats wrong with just giving us the date of the patch? Why keep it a mystery? I have no idea what the point of it is? Wouldn't hurt to let players know, then we are all aware and ready!
90 Human Warrior
Because if They give u a date then it has to be done by this date even if its half !@#'d. They don't give u a date so they don't have to rush. Its due to laws that prevent people from keep pushing games back and getting reported to the better business bureau for false advertisement. And YES it will hurt players to know due to people getting butt hurt if something turns up that crashes the game or makes it to where they need to do emergency patching instead of shutting down the game for weeks on end they can do it on a program that doesn't affect the game as of yet. If you ask anyone in retail when a "Item" is set on a date you can not change it without repercussions.
90 Orc Shaman
02/25/2013 09:34 PMPosted by Litlethunder
Whats wrong with just giving us the date of the patch? Why keep it a mystery? I have no idea what the point of it is? Wouldn't hurt to let players know, then we are all aware and ready!

Because Blizzard doesn't like forcing deadlines on itself.
90 Orc Hunter
Is there a point to being valor capped when 5.2 hits? Am I going to be able to buy any new gear with the valor on day 1? I don't need any of the current valor gear. Would it be better for me to keep upgrading current gear?
90 Undead Rogue
Ftw
OMG THIS IS GREAT !!!
90 Tauren Death Knight
5.2 is in how many weeks now? And by the way i think that it should be a 4K cap not 3K.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Getting on a guild raid team is difficult if not impossible. Having the opportunity to do the Thunder King raid with multiple guild players in a LFR format would be great providing each toon has a minimum ilvl. Putting a raid team together using pugs via chat is an option but a poor one. P.S. Hunters need more pet storage space...please!
90 Tauren Paladin
Quick simple question..
Are we going to see an increase in the 1000 VP per week Cap raised at all?
I would like to suggest moving it up to 1250 - 1500 per week (which would seem reasonable)

Players with multiple characters such as I, usually hit the VP Cap within 2-3 days easily and thought it would be nice to be able to give me more to do within a cple of days to progress my characters then log for the rest of the week and wait till it recaps the following week.
No offense to the following comment..
(No I dont care for PVP, just not my thing)

Anyway its just a simple question / suggestion.. not being offensive or pushing the subject, just a simply yes, no, or a possible thought would be cool to respond to this From the Developers, Marketing, CEO, Etc....
90 Troll Hunter
Am I the only one that read Zarhym's post and wanted to be a stickler on the wording?

"As of this announcement...we can cap valor before the patch"

This post wasn't made before the servers were up on Tuesday, someone could have capped valor on Tuesday and then spent everything...bringing them to 0/3000 and 1000/1000 for the week by the time this was posted.

Thus making the earliest possible date for the patch, March 12th. I'm just saying, this is how I thought about it.
90 Pandaren Monk
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Zarhym
After reading your feedback and locking ourselves in dim, fluorescent-lit rooms for much deliberation, we have decided that we are NOT going to convert Valor to Justice and Justice to gold when 5.2 ships.

Thank you for reading our feedback. (y) <-- thumbs up!
90 Orc Shaman
Am I the only one that read Zarhym's post and wanted to be a stickler on the wording?

"As of this announcement...we can cap valor before the patch"

This post wasn't made before the servers were up on Tuesday, someone could have capped valor on Tuesday and then spent everything...bringing them to 0/3000 and 1000/1000 for the week by the time this was posted.

Thus making the earliest possible date for the patch, March 12th. I'm just saying, this is how I thought about it.

That's being too much of a stickler. The post was made on the 12th, so the earliest date for the patch is 21 days later, which is March 5th.
90 Tauren Druid
02/26/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Grimmlock
Is there a point to being valor capped when 5.2 hits? Am I going to be able to buy any new gear with the valor on day 1? I don't need any of the current valor gear. Would it be better for me to keep upgrading current gear?

Item level 522 neck pieces will be available from the new raiding faction at Neutral. So there's one very nice piece you can have immediately. If you are a raider, you'll be able to get this faction rep (Shado-pan Assault) to friendly within a week or two, opening up access to THREE level 522 items (ring, trinket and bracer). If you think it'll take a few weeks to kill enough new bosses to reach friendly then you probably don't need to cap. But definitely have some VP!

The other new faction (diff. name for horde and ally) will have low-level epics available... 476 early on and 496 at higher rep

EDIT: I found this blue post quote: "getting to Friendly is (I believe) essentially just a single boss kill. It ramps up from there obviously..." So that seems to indicate that, if you're guild can down at least one boss in week one, you will have four possible items to buy. In this case, you'd want to roll into 5.2 with VP's capped.
Edited by Ot on 3/1/2013 1:16 PM PST
90 Draenei Death Knight
So, am I to assume that I can spend some valor as it is not dropping next tuesday?

What is the cheepest way to spend valor btw? I really only need to dump 50 so I can activate "Valor of the ancients" buff and start capping on my lock

I know upgrades are 700, anything super cheep?
Edited by Garamonde on 3/1/2013 2:16 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
I've seen some various hints from blue-posters and other precedents indicating the patch will hit in just a few days on March 5th. However, I've never seen a patch hit without several trusted websites confirming that it was coming (like mmo-champion). All bets are off. I recommend you hold on to your VP's until Tuesday just to make sure. If the patch doesn't come, spend 1000 of them and wait for next week.
90 Draenei Shaman
these are all nice for the older hardcore players but not so much to me finding way's to limit certain players can be good but for the casual i dont think wow is contemplating older players { older meaning age }
90 Human Mage
So does this mean that JP are still pretty much useless for gear progression..
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]