5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

(Locked)

91 Undead Warlock
Now the question is how do we get heirlooms when at level 90 when we can only get valor points and not justice points. Are you planning to put in a way to convert valor points into justice points? Personally i only know of one way to get justice points and that is by converting honor into it.
90 Draenei Shaman
03/02/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Blackridder
how do we get heirlooms when at level 90 when we can only get valor points and not justice points

They're increasing justice gains in 5.2 from heroics and scenarios.

Heroic Pandaria dungeons now award 100 Justice Points per boss. Gold drops for those bosses have also been changed from a static 50 gold to a 40-60 gold range. Less gold will drop in groups consisting of less than 5 players.
Scenarios now award 50 Justice Points (was 25).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552

In addition, you'll earn justice from valor sources once valor capped.
100 Tauren Druid
03/02/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Salpinx
So does this mean that JP are still pretty much useless for gear progression..

JP has always only been useful at the beginning of an expansion when you're leveling your main toon up and have just reached max level.
90 Human Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeHNgTGDygU

Pretty much!
85 Night Elf Warrior
Take your valor and shove it, I ain't questin' here no more. :P

(that was sarcasm, just in case it wasn't clear)
Edited by Feandel on 3/4/2013 11:09 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
blizzard love your game keep up the great work.
90 Goblin Shaman
honestly it should be converted like always . screw all the whining kids they dont want it cause its so much work for them well deal with it its part of the game and its how it is . game shouldnt be changed cause of them . you should have kept on the same path you always do a new set of gear means a reset always has always should .
90 Undead Death Knight
Quick simple question..
Are we going to see an increase in the 1000 VP per week Cap raised at all? I would like to suggest moving it up to 1250 - 1500 per week (which would seem reasonable)

Players with multiple characters such as I, usually hit the VP Cap within 2-3 days easily and thought it would be nice to be able to give me more to do within a cple of days to progress my characters then log for the rest of the week and wait till it recaps the following week.
No offense to the following comment..
(No I dont care for PVP, just not my thing)

Anyway its just a simple question / suggestion.. not being offensive or pushing the subject, just a simply yes, no, or a possible thought would be cool to respond to this From the Developers, Marketing, CEO, Etc....

Im still waiting to here if the whole "This time there won't be a soft cap" was just BS.
If they still have a cap of 1000 per week, any new player will have to take a pretty long time to catch up. I also dont understand why this cap is here for the new content when the gating is allready there. The new raid will give rep for boss kills, right? They are releasing normal first, then a week later LFR part 1. They have allready said you only get rep once per boss per week be it on Normal or LFR. As far as the old 5.0/5.1 stuff goes, its gated behind daily rep so its still not being handed out for nothing. I just dont see why the double gating exists. If there still is going to be a 1000 per week soft cap, then the Valor should have been downgraded to Justice, and the 5.0/5.1 gear should cost Justice. Doing that would actually make JP something that gets used. Yes I know that we will be able to upgrade heirlooms, but why lvl an alt when a valor cap is gonna keep you from catching up before the next update is out.
To summarize, I think that keeping a valor soft cap and putting items behind a rep check is just a bad idea.
90 Undead Death Knight
03/03/2013 05:37 AMPosted by Ot
So does this mean that JP are still pretty much useless for gear progression..

JP has always only been useful at the beginning of an expansion when you're leveling your main toon up and have just reached max level.

I would like to agree with that accept JP is not really that useful. you get a mix of 437 greens and 442/450 blues from doing the Dread Wastes quests. A full set of just the green 437s is enough to do heroics which reward 463s. JP buys you 458s. I have 7 90s and on all of them my JP went to upgrading the 463s, usually weapons. Now JP might be usefull to a new 90 if they downgraded the currency like I mentioned in my post above.
90 Human Warrior
LKS
03/04/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Drunkbeauty
honestly it should be converted like always . screw all the whining kids they dont want it cause its so much work for them well deal with it its part of the game and its how it is . game shouldnt be changed cause of them . you should have kept on the same path you always do a new set of gear means a reset always has always should .

What you're missing about most of the QQing about when Valor was set to be reset was that usually old Valor gear is downgraded to be able to be purchased with Justice and the new gear being bought with Valor.

They didn't do it for 5.2 and that was the source of all the rage. Currently Justice is !@#$ and totally worthless even for a fresh 90, heroic gear is 463 and Justice gear is 458, which is completely backwards and make no sense especially with the upgrade guys going away.
98 Human Paladin
As a super casual this xpac, I appreciate not losing what little valor I've built up. =)
90 Undead Death Knight
Must say that this is a sign of blizzard hearing out it's players for sure!
This doesn't effect my playstyle at all, but my buddy was extremely frustrated about losing his JP and VP so this is really good news for him!
90 Night Elf Hunter
I could careless. Since I don't have time to grind rep (plus doing the same crap every day is super boring, except my farming), I don't have good rep with any MoP factions. And with upgrades gone, there is next to nothing to spend my VP on anyways.
90 Undead Death Knight
03/05/2013 06:58 AMPosted by Catechism
As a super casual this xpac, I appreciate not losing what little valor I've built up. =)

I wouldn't mind having my valor turned to Justice if I could buy the old 5.0/5.1 gear with it.
Then they could keep there irritating weekly valor cap and still allow new/alts to gear up.
90 Undead Warlock
What happened to being able to purchase the farm from Farmer Yoon?
94 Undead Warrior
NEW ISLAND! EXCITING ! I spent 4k in pandaria to fly! thank you for patching new fun and !@#$ING THAT UP! %^-* YOU!
85 Orc Shaman
Yeah this does not mean anything to me because you need rep from the creatures in the raid to pick up the new valor gear its cool and all we get to save them i get to get my neck piece sweeet. Valor cap is still 1000 so 3 weeks for one piece of gear off them x.x so used to cata vandors where you needed it
90 Dwarf Warrior
so how bout them quartermasters, will they be updated to the latest tier?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]