5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

(Locked)

100 Undead Priest
02/12/2013 08:33 PMPosted by Alueren
Noooo!!!!! I want my gold!

Lol, I seriously hope you're kidding! You can make all that up from LFR failbags ;D
90 Pandaren Monk
02/12/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Nairr
My question is what the heck do I do with all the justice points I have? I don't need anymore heirloom stuff and nothing is worth purchasing for my main. Could you guys give us something decent to buy with them?

The upgraded Heirlooms in 5.2?
90 Pandaren Monk
02/12/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Nelgul

If they increased, then the more hardcore players would shoot out the starting gate and get way ahead of the rest of the people.

Having the cap where it is makes it just low enough for those of us that tend to cap every week and just high enough for casuals.

Yeah, and once those hardcore players get ahead, LFR gets deleted, valour gear gets removed and...

Oh wait, no, that doesn't happen, everything is still available to you. Those hardcore are already miles ahead of you, doing content you'll likely never do. You choose to barely play the game, and everyone else shouldn't be punished with caps just to keep poor little you even with the rest of us.

There are people who probably log in for 30 minutes a week, should we all have a 50 valour weekly cap so everyone is held down to their level too?

The 1000 point weekly cap is so that no one can rush through the content immediately, and that they are forced to pace themselves. If there was no cap, I'm certain that some players would have gotten enough valor in the first week of the expansion to get full 489's, and stomped through the content even faster than they did with the cap. Blizzard doesn't want everyone to be finished immediately, they want you to keep playing.
100 Draenei Shaman
Woot! Thank You Blizzard :) :)
90 Blood Elf Priest
It is sad that since my friend told me I should get rid of some saved Valor points because it was going to be turned into Justice, I spend most of it on upgrades....and that was going away too. So much for that now...
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Zarhym
We’d love to hear your feedback about this change, and how you’re planning to earn, save, and spend Valor before the patch releases.

You can't go right out and buy anything new on day one if it requires reputation first. Even if you could, the most you could purchase was one piece. You can only buy reduced cost items, if you have the reputation for them, which are now inferior.

The only people that don't have these items already are likely casual players. Casual players that take forever to earn valor.

This change is the most rational thing I've seen in a long while. Why take valor that took some people months to acquire, or others 3 weeks, only to prevent them from buying old gear they need to access the new content.
Considering justice isn't good for much this expansion, I welcome this change.

Well done, Blizzard.
100 Tauren Paladin
That sounds great Blizz! Tyvm!!!!
02/12/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Aurroc
The 1000 point weekly cap is so that no one can rush through the content immediately, and that they are forced to pace themselves.

And so some people go outside and get some sun now and then.
Edited by Pipchaos on 2/12/2013 8:42 PM PST
90 Gnome Warlock
Man - so many things that I feel like getting...do I go for the 489 stuff to replace my 476 stuff? Or maybe some of those 496 items - I think there is a trinket that is better then one I currently have. But wait - what about the 5.2 faction rewards? Those look kickass - I should probably save all my Valor for those. Then again, maybe I should upgrade my off-hand and my other trinket while I still can...what does AskMrRobot say?

Decisions, decisions, decisions - I LOVE IT!

Instead of 5.2 feeling like a small penalty (only as far as the Valor change was concerned), this actually makes me think about what I really want to do, as opposed to what I felt I had to do.

Great change!
100 Draenei Death Knight
You broke it when it wasn't, then fixed what you broke.

Downgrade VP, we're used to it. Downgrade the old VP gear, too.

You used to know how to do this. What happened?
90 Draenei Hunter
!@#$ yeah, just wasted 1,500 valor upgrading stuff I wont keep. Wish they made this decision earlier............
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
Thank you for listening and doing this.
90 Draenei Death Knight
A little off topic, but any plans on reducing previous tier JP requirements? Since JP are a bit harder to come by these days than previously, it took almost 3 days of off and on grinding for this helm I have on. Do not like :(
90 Human Warrior
On my main, I have been spending my Valor Points on upgrades, mainly to my 496 gear, as well as 2 upgrades to my weapon with the sha-touched gem.

I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, it is nice to be able to keep your VP. On the other hand, I liked being able to purchase lower-tier raid gear with JP, which helped in getting alts ready to raid; having VP for the current tier and JP for previous tiers was a good idea.
90 Pandaren Monk
And I already spent my valor.. Wish this was told to us sooner...
90 Orc Rogue
hmm so at LEAST 3 weeks. We can work with this ty blizz
90 Human Priest
Make sense. Nice thing to do! :D
Edited by Citto on 2/12/2013 8:56 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
02/12/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Mórrígan
A little off topic, but any plans on reducing previous tier JP requirements? Since JP are a bit harder to come by these days than previously, it took almost 3 days of off and on grinding for this helm I have on. Do not like :(

If nothing else, JP's going to be a LOT easier to get in 5.2
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]