5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
02/12/2013 10:14 PMPosted by Corbiin
Blizzards knows what's best for their game and for the players. They can't make everyone happy but they can and will continue to make the game great, as it is! I say, as always, well done! Ty.

Well, if that is always the case, we wouldn't have dual spec (they used to say they wanted your spec choice to be "meaningful" and they didn't want to "consfuse" players). Sometimes they can be short-sighted for a considerable length of time. I would argue that the push to make mains "meaningful" while also making alts feel burdensome to progress is one of those short-sighted things right now. it certainly has caused two of my RL friends to unsub and another to play so little that I expect him to unsub as well.
Edited by Setien on 2/12/2013 10:30 PM PST
90 Worgen Priest
Oh the love, can you feel it? Oh yes, it feels good.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is a well-reasoned, well-thought-out change and I'm glad to hear the developers have made it. I wasn't one of those vehemently against the downgrade, but as you've clearly pointed out, there are already caps and gates to prevent exploitation and allowing players to get an item or two quickly isn't going to be game breaking or fundamentally alter the balance of the game.

Thank you for your thoughts and efforts
90 Human Paladin
I'm not about to quit but....MoP feels rather overly-complicated compared to other expansions.
90 Tauren Druid
This is a great relief. Thank you!
90 Human Warlock
90 Undead Priest
Funny thing is the only people that are saying "thank you blizzard" are the one's that are already just about maxxed out on PVP and Raid gear and don't want people who can't play 24/7 and have a life to be able to get the gear the way THEY did! Anyways i will as always get screwed by the latest and greatest patch and changes and still play WOW because i'm an addict. lol
90 Undead Priest
yeah that is because if you have a job and a life you will never be able to keep up with the content. When you spend all that hard work and time to get your PVP gear maxxed out, they will come out with another update with better gear. WHY? So the people that have no life will be able to troll you because their gear is better, not because they are more skilled. That's why i don't favor pvp in this game it is so unbalanced!
90 Orc Death Knight
02/12/2013 10:48 PMPosted by Mordana
yeah that is because if you have a job and a life you will never be able to keep up with the content. When you spend all that hard work and time to get your PVP gear maxxed out, they will come out with another update with better gear. WHY? So the people that have no life will be able to troll you because their gear is better, not because they are more skilled. That's why i don't favor pvp in this game it is so unbalanced!

Actually the good players have such high caps that they actually get gear so much faster than everyone else. heroic raiders have heroic ilvl gear and have no need for valor.
90 Goblin Shaman
Woohoooooo!!!!
90 Draenei Shaman
02/12/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Fatalfred
Edit: so... patch is not in late feb like was announced? The hell is going on?
And then people wonder why community managers are reluctant to give out information. Nothing has been set in stone. When it is, an announcement will go up on the front page. Bashiok's tweet was an educated guess, not a press release.
90 Draenei Shaman
02/12/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Dragomaxxor
heroic raiders have heroic ilvl gear and have no need for valor.
Valor can be used to upgrade heroic pieces too, can't it?
57 Gnome Warlock
02/12/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Setien
Well, if that is always the case, we wouldn't have dual spec (they used to say they wanted your spec choice to be "meaningful" and they didn't want to "consfuse" players). Sometimes they can be short-sighted for a considerable length of time. I would argue that the push to make mains "meaningful" while also making alts feel burdensome to progress is one of those short-sighted things right now. it certainly has caused two of my RL friends to unsub and another to play so little that I expect him to unsub as well.

While you do have a fair point, this decision helps with the hardships of maintaining alts pretty substantially. Even if they don't always make the best decision, eventually (sometimes) they fix it in as timely a fashion as they can.
90 Orc Death Knight
02/12/2013 10:58 PMPosted by Ronduwil

upgrade dudes are gone next patch
90 Night Elf Warrior
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Zarhym
In addition, we’re making a change to ensure that there are some gear rewards available via the [url="http://www.wowhead.com/news=210532/5-2-ptr-new-reputations-and-rewards-preview"]Kirin Tor Offensive and Sunreaver Onslaught[/url], the two new factions with which players can earn reputation in 5.2 without raiding. The patch was shaping up to be a real challenge for players who don’t like raiding (including LFR), as our original design meant that no new Valor rewards would be available to them without needing to run Throne of Thunder. You can expect to see the Valor rewards on the Kirin Tor Offensive and Sunreaver Onslaught quartermasters updated on the 5.2 public test realms in the near future. These rewards are ilevel 496 and will only accommodate a few slots, as they aren’t intended to be very attractive to raiders (including those running LFR), but should give non-raiders something to shoot for in 5.2.

I am disappointed :( I suppose it being lower ilvl is better than the situation we are in now with raid quality gear coming from dailies, although 496 is technically still raid quality. I'd rather have it MAYBE equal to MSV LFR quality at the highest, probably blue quality gear.

That's my only concern about the change. I am very happy that you aren't converting valor to a useless currency (jp).
Edited by Pizzathehutt on 2/12/2013 11:34 PM PST
57 Gnome Warlock
02/12/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Ronduwil
When it is, an announcement will go up on the front page.

Er, uhm.... it did go on the front page >.>
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks for the change of heart.
90 Orc Rogue
02/12/2013 10:58 PMPosted by Ronduwil
heroic raiders have heroic ilvl gear and have no need for valor.

We aren't here for valor, were here for the kills. being 15/16HM with 2 weeks was kinda painful, with this we should be able to get 16/16HM. So yeah its not the valor.
90 Pandaren Monk
Great news! TY

Suggestion: introduce intellect plate heirlooms (and shields maybe?) to spend jps on, please... :-)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]