Few questions for Ravenholdters

85 Night Elf Death Knight
Well Ravenholdt and Ven Co are two servers I am looking to move to... pretty obvious one of the big reasons is my server has been fairly well destroyed by CRZ. However, I am not unfamiliar with RP... I am sure you can guess that by my transmog and that I wear the Argent Tabard around everywhere. I sort of have this RP thing on my non-RP realm of my DK being an Argent Crusader and she pretty much lives in Tyr's Hand. Was wondering if there were any Argent RP guilds either Horde or Alliance side. Also, the wPvP my memories of that from Frostmourne... are not well nice... about constant ganking, corpse camping and a bunch of other griefing activities that made my stay on that realm rather short. Is the wPvP at the point where to leave a capital city you need to about be in full Tier PvP resi gear or is it leave others alone and they pretty much leave you alone except for the few who just can't help themselves?

Yes, I know I am pretty much a PvE'er with strong RP tendancies who wouldn't be opposed to some wPvP and spot PvP from time to time but PvP really isn't a focus for me. Just trying to guage the fit for me and weigh this against what has happened to my enjoyment of the game with CRZ on my home server.

Thanks for any and all answers,

Stas
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Death Knight
I too have been interested in this server. I am rolling some characters Horde side, probably BE. I am very much into rp. Have never had much luck on a pvp server.

The two main rp servers of Wyrmrest Accord and Moonguard are so full of silliness I can no longer stand it. I am not a lore nerd, but I prefer to stay away from housecat rp and half dragon/half nutcase hybrids who like to create the stupidest stories!

I am hoping this realm will be free of the CRZ which to me has all but killed my enjoyment of the game. I like immersion and have a good idea for a guild.

I want to investigate this server thoroughly before transferring one of my 90's.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
02/12/2013 07:00 PMPosted by Stasja
Was wondering if there were any Argent RP guilds either Horde or Alliance side.

No, there aren't. At least not to my knowledge. You might find some that sort of fit a theme of noble crusader knights sort of thing though.

Is the wPvP at the point where to leave a capital city you need to about be in full Tier PvP resi gear or is it leave others alone and they pretty much leave you alone except for the few who just can't help themselves?

The second part. For the most part, people will leave you be. Sure, you might get an angry Horde (or a bored Horde) now and then that wants to come after you, or comes to try and mess up a city (there was a lot of that in the end of Wrath), but for the most part we leave each other be.

Yes, I know I am pretty much a PvE'er with strong RP tendancies who wouldn't be opposed to some wPvP and spot PvP from time to time but PvP really isn't a focus for me

That's pretty much how most people (well, most of the RP'ers) tend to be. We only actively start seeking out PvP for either purposes of boredom or revenge (one of my guildies has an active campaign against S I N because they made him lose a rare battlepet by PvP'ing him mid-pet battle).

02/12/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Knobul
I am hoping this realm will be free of the CRZ which to me has all but killed my enjoyment of the game. I like immersion and have a good idea for a guild.

It is. If you see someone with a different server tag, they're only here because someone invited them over for tea and biscuits. Or whatever people do with friends. I wouldn't know.
Edited by Lukar on 2/12/2013 8:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Knobul and Stasja. The Ravenholdt RP community has its own website:

www.ravenholdt.us

Be sure and poke around it while you are here.

Lukar, you are right. I don't think there are any Argent guilds. That type of unique character would make a wonderful addition to any RP guild!

Knobul. You are a Forsaken Tauren. I would direct your character to two RP guilds.

<Nightgloom Hollow> A fun RP guild that reminds me of the old House guilds...except it is much more evolved. I really like the GM, and everyone I have ever met in that guild.

And <The Order of the Forsaken> An all Forsaken Guild (DKs welcome). I have always liked the GM that runs the OOF. He is a very nice guy who seems to be expanding the guild quite well. So he must be doing something right :)

Welcome & Good Luck to both of you!
Reply Quote
39 Orc Warrior
Well Ravenholdt and Ven Co are two servers I am looking to move to...

I've been on both for a while, as you can see from my PvP title. Ravenholdt is better. The community is smaller, but tighter and more helpful by far.

Was wondering if there were any Argent RP guilds either Horde or Alliance side.

No, but I would suggest you look at The Righteous Light. Very much a militant crusading order with vendettas against all shadow and all undead. The GM is effen brilliant, which is why I pick his brains from time to time.

Is the wPvP at the point where to leave a capital city you need to about be in full Tier PvP resi gear or is it leave others alone and they pretty much leave you alone except for the few who just can't help themselves?

World PvP is common enough for spice, infrequent enough that your leveling will not be affected to any measurable extent. I usually die in those encounters, and it hasn't slowed me down one whit.

Yes, I know I am pretty much a PvE'er with strong RP tendancies who wouldn't be opposed to some wPvP and spot PvP from time to time but PvP really isn't a focus for me. Just trying to guage the fit for me and weigh this against what has happened to my enjoyment of the game with CRZ on my home server.

I suggest you roll an alt and join one of the larger and more active RP guilds. Alliance side has more RP passion and activity IMO, and we need more players Alliance side, but you will find warm welcome on the blue or the red side of the table.

I think you will like it here if you give us a try on Ravenholdt. Posting from my Venture Co. alt just to show that I have been on both servers for a while now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I think you will like it here if you give us a try on Ravenholdt. Posting from my Venture Co. alt just to show that I have been on both servers for a while now.

Like a damn politician, I endorse my remarks.
Reply Quote
LOL, Thank you all again. I did roll a DK on the Alliance side Ravenholdt. Gawd, I forgot what that walk of shame was like and it was especially long really walking it and not running through like I did on this char. Felt almost like I needed to stop my poor Rivendaire's every 50 feet or so and calm it. Hordies have that walk easy as Hellscream is right up front... Now you know why about every DK tank gets twitchy in that cata lost city instance and goes after those fruit throwers, well least I did anyway. Massacred them every time and when asked I just said, "It's a DK thing you wouldn't understand."

Yes, I will probably revive the background storyline of my toon as an Argent Dawn member before death, kinda fits the DK starter area and story. Then after become a Death Knight has a strong will to become a Argent Crusader re-taking the mantle up she had in life and attempting to re-deem herself and re-claim her humanity. Although, I don't tend to RP my DK either all bubblie or all emo. That is kind of the broader framework I need to fleshout in MRP in-game at least *shrug* I'll check out that website.

Thanks again,

Stas
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Stasja, welcome!! Hope to see you in-game soon.

Knobul, I believe you will find the RP on this server to be much more enjoyable than your previous server. There are currently several epic, world-spanning, lore-abiding storylines brewing on both factions of the server. Some can be read about on www.ravenholdt.us.

If you see fit to roll an Alliance character at some point, check out the Nights Veil! I've never had a dull weekend or a log-on with at least some in-character interaction. (Same invitation is extended to you, Stasja, though Flitin is initially wary of Death Knights.... Can you blame him?)

Here's the latest recruitment thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7909211027
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
As our numbers increase, there is bound to be more world PvP, so if you're not into that sort of thing at all, then ... well, can't really help you much there, except maybe come lay down some retribution once in a while.

However, at the moment and for the foreseeable future, wPvP is not a big thing during the leveling process. I think you'll find that a lot of deaths occur during staged events and then for a short time afterwards, but we're pretty good about letting people know when we're just going to clobber an area.
Reply Quote
I feel like the other members of the community have done an excellent job addressing all of the questions and I can only echo what they say. Please let us know if any other questions crop up and we'll be happy to answer them.

02/13/2013 03:42 AMPosted by Flitin
you see fit to roll an Alliance character at some point, check out the Nights Veil!

Seconded! If you're looking for an RP-PvP guild, I know that <The Nights Veil> is really working to stir up some more RP in that niche. I believe that <Reprisal> also has an RP faction that does some PvP objectives, though I haven't seen Fauxpaw/Nipo on the Realm Forums in a while. Still, these are some good guilds to get started with!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/13/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Aerana
I feel like the other members of the community have done an excellent job addressing all of the questions and I can only echo what they say. Please let us know if any other questions crop up and we'll be happy to answer them.

Precisely!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
We have a ton of these threads all over the forum, including several on the front page already. The search bar is your friend, people.

Hell, this thread is literally the exact same question that you had down to the server choice and it was posted only a day before your thread was made. I'm just going to quote myself from it on the subject of our PVP/WPVP

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7908931027

As an example of some of our WPVP I'd advise you to watch these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct3LRmElbb0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEWZrF4ToAQ

Hell, this happened earlier today when the Horde got wind that Alliance were trying to kill the Sha of Anger.

http://imgur.com/T2OHyVt

So yes, there's plenty of great WPVP if you're up for it. 5.1 and Domination Point brought a ton of fantastic opportunities in the new daily zones, and 5.2 will have PVP daily quests that are sure to bring more WPVP as well.

EDIT: More WPVP examples:

This happened when an Alliance raid from Kil'Jaden decided to invade the server. We ended up getting help from Kil'Jaden's Horde and having a rather large bloodbath on our hands.

http://imgur.com/ac9mcWs

I'd really suggest you read the stickies, they're rather helpful and Aerana and others put a decent amount of effort into them.

Common Ravenholdt questions
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074267821

FAQ and Guild information
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074097573

and here's the thread for the Sanctum (Ravenholdt.us) which is the unofficial RP community forum for the server.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074087866

The More You Know.
Reply Quote
Yeash must have missed that one earlier sorry bout that wasn't my post but someone elses but ty again for the info and yes I've been browsing through as much as I can.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
World PvP is common enough for spice, infrequent enough that your leveling will not be affected to any measurable extent. I usually die in those encounters, and it hasn't slowed me down one whit.

Exactly my experience with horde and alliance characters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]